Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix  (Read 30652 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:08 am »

What's the current population and development of the various domes like? Or is everything already linked to the point that choice of team isn't relevant? Trying to figure out where I could be useful.

I'm the only one in Delta, and I think Putnam is the only one in Beta (which is far more advanced than Delta). We're not linked much yet. I did take a boat over to Beta, but that's as far as I got - and each player will have to unlock the teleporters for themselves. No idea if anyone has done anything in Alpha yet, and I think the other domes are still unoccupied. We both agreed it would be good to try to coordinate who builds what so we don't end up with ten smelteries or something, since the world is quite small, resources are limited, and we're all in this together, but we were the only 2 online and I'm still getting basics together.

there's 3 in beta: me, greatorder, and, uh, wow i can't remember names

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:16 am »

By the sounds of it, I will probably be joining Delta when I get in.

Speaking of getting in, it seems the server is MIA at the moment. I keep getting connection refused errors.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 07:34:05 am »

restarting server. blightfall bugged out and crashed. honest mod crash, no server things involved.

give it 10'

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 07:39:32 am »

posting to follow, will likely play but new haven and hearth world just launched... and I've put in 56 hours in 5 days ahah.
Nom nom nom

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »

Was just on for a while. Did some strip mining and started clearing out the first swamp island by moving around the ethereal blooms there. Others can continue, it's very helpful. I brought all the ores I found but don't have a use for yet to Beta (bottom chest next to the chickens). Also moved some Thaumcraft stuff to Delta to free up space in Beta - we can set up the Thaumcraft area in Delta or wherever else - when someone starts really getting into Thaumcraft, just pick a spot and start setting up.

Might go on again tonight, if I have the energy. Tomorrow night I'm going to a festival, so I probably won't get on again until Sunday.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:15 pm »

It seems the server died again. I needed to go to bed anyway.

I set up a starting area for Thaumaturgy at delta.  So far it doesn't really have any more stuff than what's at beta, but it's a dedicated area. It has a research table, an arcane crafting table and a chest so far. Feel free to use it for whatever.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 03:08:02 am »

wrote an autorestart script. since server isn't hanging, just randomly crashing, that should do.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 07:14:42 pm »

The thaumcraft workshop at delta is now more fleshed out. Also the swamp island is almost completely free of taint, there's just a few blocks with lingering taint biome.

We desperately need gold for thaumcraft stuff, and it seems to be pretty rare. Does anyone know in what biome it can be found? The mining info-book doesn't want to unlock the gold chapter for me despite finding oureclase.

Also, I think the server was lagging way less today than yesterday. Maybe just imagination, but if you changed anything, Los, it was for the better.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 04:36:56 am »

gold is found everywhere, but fairly rare.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2015, 04:01:53 am »

I'm going on for a while now. I plan to do a lot of mining and use up the cobble by making lots of mossy cobble (which we can break down into praecantatio essentia later to make more ethereal blooms).

EDIT: On the other hand, I can't seem to log in. Looks to be up, but connection is timing out every time. I'll wait a bit and try again, I guess.

EDIT2: Hmm... Managed to get in, but it's so laggy that it's hardly playable. Odd, I didn't have too much trouble with lag last time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:06:38 am by Sappho »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 09:52:26 am »

went in and apart from taking ages to login I can't see not much lag apparent

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 10:20:45 am »

At one point we got booted (I think the server maybe reset) and the lag was much reduced when we got back in.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:43 am »

ah! so it worked :P

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 12:39:00 pm »

Okay, I think I have to be done for the day. My eyes are all tired. I did a ton of strip mining today and deposited most of what I found in the ore chest next to the smeltery in beta. I now have an alien-level pick, so I left my supra-diamond one on the tool rack on the tree in Delta. There's still mithril in the smeltery along with another one whose name I can't remember which will mine alien-level as a pick. Next time I should do something other than mining...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 06:18:51 pm »

All right, I raided a thaumaturgy lab in the iceberg so we now have an infusion altar at delta. We also have an alchemical furnace and alembic. Next step in thaumaturgy stuff is to set up a better extraction system for bottling essentia, I think.

I also scraped together enough language samples to translate a botania grimoire. It's sitting in the bookshelf opposite the research table at delta. Please put it back after using it. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9