Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My legendary miner went mad :(  (Read 2174 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My legendary miner went mad :(
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 08:59:00 am »

If their happiness drops down to 'miserable', but they don't go mad/melancholy/etc, they can still be saved. I have a legendary craftsdwarf who hit miserable and began tantruming after one masterwork bone bolt was chasmed, but I stuck him in the unhappy-dwarves-rehabilitation-area and he pulled through. He's back up to content or happy or thereabouts now. I can't let him out, though, or any new captain of the guard that arrives will attempt to hunt him down and terminate him.   :(

[ August 27, 2007: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]
Edit: Fixed typo: Wrote 'melancholy' in one place where I meant to write 'miserable'.

[ August 28, 2007: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

intently

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:00 am »

Does engraving the prison make dwarves happier to be there?

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by intently:
<STRONG>Does engraving the prison make dwarves happier to be there?</STRONG>

Yes, just like if you have a really good chain or cage. They will gain happy thoughts from the chain they are on, hehehe.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ravendas:
<STRONG>Unrecoverable. I think the others are mistaking tantruming for an actual mental illness.

Which reminds me, in my current fort I have a well almost all the way to the magma river. I sometimes get antman attacks out of there, but 90% of the time the antmen pop out with mental affects. Some are berserk, some are melancholy. I really really wonder what is going on there. Maybe the great distance between the chasm and the well near the magma river is causing them to go insane during the trip? Maybe an effect of the magma river? Maybe just a wacky bug?</STRONG>

I had a similar problem where chasm creatures who were released from a cage went  crazy/berserk/melancholy when released.  Must be a bug.  I'll post it, and quote your message... ok?

Pages: 1 [2]