Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Favorite Group & Fortress Names  (Read 3277 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Group & Fortress Names
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 02:15:05 pm »

could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 04:59:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did the dingo steal his pants afterward?
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:09 am »

Recently been way into MH4U, and the group that founded Rampartclasped was randomly named "The Heavenly Wheels." It was great.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 10:20:11 am »

I always name my fort and group the same thing, without fail. Golden Spark has been founded by the Allied Sparks in almost every world I've genned so far.

As for civ names, my favorite was The Leafy Rocks. The irony was too perfect. That world was regenned several times just for the civ name.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:45:41 am by Wheeljack »

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 10:33:45 am »

I always name my fort and group the same thing, without fail. Golden Spark has been founded by the Allied Soarks in almost every world I've genned so far.

As for civ names, my favorite was The Leafy Rocks. The irony was too perfect. That world was regenned several times just for the civ name.

Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 10:42:15 am »

I always name my fort and group the same thing, without fail. Golden Spark has been founded by the Allied Soarks in almost every world I've genned so far.

I'll have you know I'm currently on lunch break and nearly choked on my food. XD

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 04:49:01 pm »

I am now the owner of the sacred artifact Baldedkindles, the Dank Systems, a limonite earring. 

Yo, dank systems, brah. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 06:43:09 pm »

My favorite group name was an RNG outcome called The Axe of Autumn. Lead to me having four particular group names: The Hammer of Spring (it was the odd man out,) The Spear of Summer, The Axe of Autumn, and The Sword of Winter.

Favorite fort names though only used twice each: Tinhammers (which sadly did not have tin hammers and was home to the original Axe of Autumn,) and Spiritnet (first 40.24 fort and home of my first tantrum spiral in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.)

StumpytheOzzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 08:27:24 pm »

RNG created a civ name: The Odorous Bodices.
Jesus doesn't embark in terrifying biomes, and these forums certainly count.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:10 pm »

I am now the owner of the sacred artifact Baldedkindles, the Dank Systems, a limonite earring. 

Yo, dank systems, brah.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 12:14:57 am »

The best random name combination I've gotten was the group "The angry Beards" who founded the fortress "Fistbattles" several versions back. Still reuse them every now and then because I think they're awesome.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:13 am »

While we're doing cool names in general, I once got Candleroared as a random name for my adventurer. Now all my adventurers are named that.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 04:40:46 pm »

Yeah, let's do names in general.

"The Hot Jungles," a freezing taiga.  Urist McCartographer must have laughed his beard off at that.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

faiy eyebrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 08:22:20 pm »

i once had a group named the bin of fish, in the middle of a desert

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 05:29:10 am »

i once had a group named the bin of fish, in the middle of a desert
Those damn fisherdwarves.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3