Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: P.A.T.R.O.L.- Pointless Aggression Towards Resistance-Occupied Locales[Forum RP]  (Read 5109 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed my sheet. Yes, I know that I don't have any food or bargaining tools, they're too heavy, and I'll mooch food off of someone else. Is relieving stress via psychiatry under Diplomacy?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

I would quite like to join this, I think I can fit it in.

Spoiler: Personnel Form (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:30:25 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed my sheet. Yes, I know that I don't have any food or bargaining tools, they're too heavy, and I'll mooch food off of someone else. Is relieving stress via psychiatry under Diplomacy?
No.  The middle of a mission is not the time nor place for effective psychological care, and between missions people recover their morale and hopefully mental stress.  The "giving people drugs" part of psychiatry is possible but not always a good idea, and you can RP an amateur psychologist if you want, but it won't really do much in-game.

I would quite like to join this, I think I can fit it in.

I'll edit in my character sheet.
Great.  You're actually the sixth out of a party of five to announce interest, but the two of the others haven't posted characters - if they don't soon and when I remind them, you'll be in.  Otherwise it's the waitlist until someone dies.

By the way, there'll be NPC mooks filling out the squad - mostly Riflemen, but other important niches that are missing as well.  So you all don't have to make a totally balanced lineup.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:11:50 pm by Draxis »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

about to go to sleep, can't make a sheet, waitlist me please.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

So wait, what does the telescopic sight do? Is it just a binoculars?

And, uh...I can't tell, do we have to buy a weapon with our starting XP in order to have a rifle?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, everyone gets an Assault Rifle.  Technically you don't get it until you arrive in Vietnam, i.e. not during character creation, but I guess it'd be good to note that.

The Telescopic sight... is in an items category I missed.  Will add it when I get the chance, but basically it makes you able to select an individual from an enemy unit to shoot, instead of targeting the whole unit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:30:33 am by Draxis »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Personnel Form K (click to show/hide)
Looks good; I'd carry at least a little food, though.
Fixed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I gave myself a gun and some supplies. How much does Assault Rifle ammo weigh?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW. I may make a sheet for the waitlist if I have some time later.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd probably grab some explosives or traps but I don't know where they are, I'm afraid. Probably have to get them later or something, maybe.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I gave myself a gun and some supplies. How much does Assault Rifle ammo weigh?
You're assumed to carry a limited amount of ammunition for whatever weapon throughout your gear, for free - enough for 4 Precision Fire actions, or 1-4 Suppressive Fire actions depending on your rolls; the Spare Ammo item also lets you recover 1/4 of it.

I'd probably grab some explosives or traps but I don't know where they are, I'm afraid. Probably have to get them later or something, maybe.
They'll go up in a few hours, when I get home and can get them from the rulebook.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every item is now up; added traps, grenades, and weapon modifiers (like the Telescopic Sight and Bipod you can start with.)  There's one player in the party right now with no character; I'm following up with them, and if they've lost interest it'll go to DigitalDemon.

Again, sorry for stringing things out - I'm getting things from an incomplete, 120-page document and don't have as much time as I'd like to.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do Flashbangs have stats?

I ask mainly because the Grenadier gets some.

I'd get some traps and demolition charges, but they're pretty heavy and I'd have to drop some food/chlorine/carrier can/tobacco.

Not sure I want to do that...anyone else have room to carry shit for me? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do Flashbangs have stats?

I ask mainly because the Grenadier gets some.

I'd get some traps and demolition charges, but they're pretty heavy and I'd have to drop some food/chlorine/carrier can/tobacco.

Not sure I want to do that...anyone else have room to carry shit for me? :P
They do; I guess that's just inconsistent naming, since they're the same as stun grenades IRL.

Stun Grenade - WT 1, XP 0.  Grenade available in all varieties.  Deafens and blinds struck targets for 1 Turn/Step.

Not sure if what your carrying weighs that much... can you recount it? I think you have plenty of space.
He's got a lot, 45/48.

werty has dropped, so DigitalDemon's now in.  I'll do a final character check this afternoon, and hopefully get started with the first mission tonight.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's mostly the jerry can and food and the like. 6 WT for the carrier can, 2 for Chlorine, 4 for rations, 2 for tobacco...

On the other hand, we're probably well set for water. Oh, how heavy are Claymores?

I might change Explosives to Trapper or something if I don't end up having any. I might drop half my consumables for a pair of demo charges or something.

Oh, and do Punji sticks need to be carried to be used, or can they be created in the field like it sorta seems?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3