Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sewi Jan! - A Toki Pona Game of Linguistic Magic  (Read 11626 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Sewi Jan! - A Toki Pona Game of Linguistic Magic
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 08:48:01 pm »

Last quest. He heads to the center of town and begins handing his possessions out to the poor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »

Locate suitable warehouse for task #6, preferably near water. Case the joint.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 06:00:26 am »

Spoiler: Athath response (click to show/hide)
"Does doing number three without being punished count? Is number eight permanent, or just a one time thing? My caretaker owns most of my stuff, and what remains can definitely fit on my back."[/color]

Turn in quest number two. I have thirty (29.1, if we're being precise) U.S. dollars' worth of shillings in my pocket, right?
The robed figures turn to the sixth sewi jan to arrive. "Punishment isn't necessary for number three. Eight doesn't have to be forever. As you consider the things held by your caretaker to be yours they would have to go to."

They turn their robed heads down at the meagre sum. "These aren't shilling notes."

Go to the bridge, and claim dibs on quest number 8.
You hobble slowly over to Bridge of Tears. The arches on the west side are made of grey concrete, regularly spray-washed on the west side the arches are the original brickwork, crumbling where small trees grow through the cracks. A handful of people are walking about their business. A young woman is standing on the bridge looking miserably across the brown water.

Last quest. He heads to the center of town and begins handing his possessions out to the poor.
Jolar Buraski is halfway through shifting his things in the bustling centre, though plenty of people think it's some kind of stunt or that you've gone mad. Two burly gentlemen in shiny grey metal stand above you.

"Excuse me. Can we see your Licence for the Distribution of Goods?"

Locate suitable warehouse for task #6, preferably near water. Case the joint.
You head down to the dock district, passing many watch boxes along the way (not boxes for watches, but the ubiquitous devices for watching the public). They're distributed from here in the city and you figure out where they must be stored at a Tinyware subsidiary warehouse. The trouble is, it's got an eight foot outer perimeter fence and a constant security presence. Waiting around discreetly, you note what time the trucks come in and out.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:38 am »

((Hm, surveillance devices do make more sense than consumer electronics, considering the quest reward. My plan needs several adjustments, but this should make it a simpler job, actually.))

Go shopping: wirecutters, screwdriver, crowbar, one T-shirt. Several cans of grease, oil or similar lubricant, preferably viscous. A few handfuls of marbles or ball bearings.

How big are the watch boxes, actually? How many fit in one truck, approximately?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 06:30:50 am »

((Actually, hold on. I think I'll drop out. Feel free to give up my spot to any takers.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 10:04:15 am »

He smiles.
 "Does one truly need permission to give charity?" he asked in a tone of wisdom. A rhetorical question. No, he doesn't have a license.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:01 am »

Of course. Right now, I figure that it'll let me break taboos and laws without punishment. Breaking the laws of physics and reality comes later.

"What I mean is, if multiple people saw me do it but didn't care, would it count?"

Wait for the reply, then go to DoZee's, and take a cup off of the cup dispenser. Go into the bathroom and pee into a cup. If the leader mages said yes to my previous question, say "Ken Ali", then pour the pee into someone else's lemonade and walk out, calmly.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:42 am »

((Actually, hold on. I think I'll drop out. Feel free to give up my spot to any takers.))
Why'd you drop out?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 10:18:37 am »

I'll take mission three, looks like fun
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 10:21:20 am »

Sharayna notices the melancholy young woman, and with the aid of her cane, doddered over to her.
Oh! Are you okay, what happened? I'll be here for you. Okay?
Try to comfort the young woman, and learn what's the source of her problems.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 11:20:02 pm »

I'll take mission three, looks like fun
"Sorry. I already called dibs on quest number three."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 02:00:08 pm »

Sorry for the delay! You can expect more regular responses going on.

Go shopping: wirecutters, screwdriver, crowbar, one T-shirt. Several cans of grease, oil or similar lubricant, preferably viscous. A few handfuls of marbles or ball bearings.

How big are the watch boxes, actually? How many fit in one truck, approximately?
You know that the boxes are about eight-feet high, and maybe three foot wide. They're usually positioned on street corners. In the trucks you've seen, you'd be surprised if they could fit more than four in. You head over to Hammond's Hardware and fill up a trolley with wirecutters, screwdriver, a crowbar, a HAMMER IT WITH HAMMOND t-shirt, a few cans of Lard-Lite hyperslip grease, and some ball bearings. The clerk at the till looks at you, pulling the hair out of her eyes.

"I'll have to photocopy your ID for these," she says, barely stifling a yawn. "Unless you already have a Hammond loyalty card?"

He smiles.
 "Does one truly need permission to give charity?" he asked in a tone of wisdom. A rhetorical question. No, he doesn't have a license.
"Now sir," says the Support Facilitator taking out a pad and pen, "charity distributors have a legal requirement to make sure all their goods are properly certified. Now if you don't have a license, I'm afraid you'll have to desist your activities, otherwise we'll be forced to seize your stock and book you for unlawful distribution."

"What I mean is, if multiple people saw me do it but didn't care, would it count?"

Wait for the reply, then go to DoZee's, and take a cup off of the cup dispenser. Go into the bathroom and pee into a cup. If the leader mages said yes to my previous question, say "Ken Ali", then pour the pee into someone else's lemonade and walk out, calmly.
"No. We need to see if you are able to act without your actions being traced back to you."

Sharayna notices the melancholy young woman, and with the aid of her cane, doddered over to her.
Oh! Are you okay, what happened? I'll be here for you. Okay?
Try to comfort the young woman, and learn what's the source of her problems.
"Oh it's not a good day today," she says, sniffling back her tears, "I asked my friend Getty what she really thought about me. She said I was mild! Who says that? I was hoping she's come to the bridge, we always throw stones at the boats here, but she hasn't come. She thinks I'm boring!"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 02:17:21 pm »

"Oh, sure. Here you go."

Give her my ID. As she goes to copy it, pretend to cough and whisper: "Lawa ala."

The photocopier's control unit just happens to be jammed. Such unluck! Hopefully she'll get frustrated enough to just skip copying the ID.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 06:28:23 pm »

Wait in the bathroom until the store closes. If told to leave, say "Ken Ali". When everyone is out of the building (or if only the janitor remains, and he's in a different room), pour the cup into the lemonade in the soda machine. Collect my reward from the mages.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 06:17:15 am »

"It's okay! When I was young, people used to call me "Plain Shay", and I had braces, glasses, and a somewhat horrific overbite. However, I don't think she meant to hurt your feelings. Ask her why she did that. If she's angry, then she's no real friend to you.
Sympathize with the young woman, and ask her to ask Getty why she said that. Also, ask for her name.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4