Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: wonderful fort video  (Read 3484 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wonderful fort video
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 07:33:00 am »

Why didn't they harrass the guys when they were digging into their fort?

Elerion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Snow:
<STRONG>Why didn't they harrass the guys when they were digging into their fort?</STRONG>

The squad captain was sleeping.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 09:36:00 am »

I wonder if toady will ever create air-circulation

Dwarfy McDwarf cancels mine: Suffocating

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 04:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>Ants are quite amazing creatures, in my opinion they are only matched by humans in nature. They build HUGE cities of millions, setting up systems to support themselves in numbers larger then what should be possible to be supported in the area.

Know why I think we shouldn't pour cement down their holes?
BECAUSE ANTS SCARE THE BEJEBUS OUT OF ME!
I have been to several places in the world, know what I saw? Huge masses of ants. I've even encountered crazy mutant ants that jump and chase humans. I've seen complex road systems from ants, I've watched a colony kill a 50 year old tree IN SIX MONTHS!
Now think, what happens when you start showing the ants other tools? Here ants, see this? This is how you practice large-scale genocide on a pest.
Next thing you know, some super-mutant ant survives the insectocide and gets it into it's ant-head to do the same to us, and then we are screwed. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE MAN! You cannot escape the ants!
Our only advantage over them is our large size, but to compete, each human has to kill 1000 ants a day!
And they are so damn small, they are sure to slip by you and get you when you sleep...
So you see, if you teach an ant colony genocide, you DAMN WELL BETTER KILL THEM ALL SO NONE LEARN THE LESSON!
*Looks over his shoulder*
Oh my gosh, I think an ant is watching me... OH NO, IT'S COMING FOR ME! RUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!</STRONG>

I can't figure out if you are serious or not.
I dont think there are realistic danger however:
Ants *are* awesome, and freekin violent, and extremely organized, and smart and... BUT one species of ants can't do everything all ants can, and the intelligence is collective, also they are fighting one another... Ok, maybe you have a point... RUN!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 08:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Here's a vid I saw a while back of a termite mound.  Some more astonishing architecture, as well as some rather creepy shots of the termite queen...

Plus, a much better narrator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7odGafpQU&feature=related

Insect activists?  What, because they're so endangered?</STRONG>

Hey, I remember seeing another video with that guy.  It was really cool.

Hm, now that I think about it, Dwarves are more like termites.  Goblins are ants.

Or at least they were before they started living in towers.

[ February 22, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 2 [3]