Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's only a light brain injry!  (Read 743 times)

intently

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's only a light brain injry!
« on: August 25, 2007, 09:50:00 am »

Poor Nomal Kolatir will never be normal again....

He was hero of Ducimalis' first goblin siege, single-handedly protecting the front drawbridge against a hoard of goblin raiders while the rest of the army napped. Thanks to his exceptional plate armor he escaped unscathed... except for a "light" brain injury.  Hey, walk it off!  He's a tough guy.

Unfortunately for poor Nomal, he'll never be "normal" again.  On the way back to the barracks to rest he passed out on the floor, and when he woke up he clawed his own eyes out.

Now Nomal wanders the fortress, searching for dwarven wine and passing out for a few minutes every once in a while.  I think he's got a future in the Fortress Guards, though!

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
Re: It's only a light brain injry!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:00:00 am »

The unfortunate part is that even the lightest brain injury keeps dwarves from sparring, so they never get better at fighting unless you send them to real battle.  Fortress guard sounds good though. :)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:28:00 am »

I thought light spine/brain injuries healed?

anyway I usually lock any wounded dwarves who won't recover into their rooms to die. I'd rather have a fortress guard (and royal guard) made up of healthy men then useless cripples who keep passing out in bed for the rest of the game.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

quote:
I thought light spine/brain injuries healed?  

If i remember correctly, they never do...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
anyway I usually lock any wounded dwarves who won't recover into their rooms to die. I'd rather have a fortress guard (and royal guard) made up of healthy men then useless cripples who keep passing out in bed for the rest of the game.

Most of us treat the fortress and royal guards as disabled veteran's clubs. The regular uncrippled troops do the actual fighting.

[ August 26, 2007: Message edited by: Grek ]