Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 294787 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 4.0: Conflicts and Conflations [23/137]
« Reply #1050 on: August 26, 2015, 06:47:51 pm »

"Infinitely wasteful? No! If anything, having a limited lifespan is more motivation for the mortals to actually get things done! It is the bane of procrastination!"
"This is very true."

((Suuuure it is *Stirk looks back to Physics homework and Chem book he should probably be reviewing*))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

"Infinitely wasteful? No! If anything, having a limited lifespan is more motivation for the mortals to actually get things done! It is the bane of procrastination!"
"This is very true."

((Suuuure it is *Stirk looks back to Physics homework and Chem book he should probably be reviewing*))

((SUMMER BITCH NO HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!))
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:57 pm »

Quelor appears in the theater, leaning against a wall.
"This is very true."
"A limited lifespan places a significant limitation on a mortal's skill. Immortals have more potential."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 26, 2015, 07:01:15 pm »

"This is very true."
"A limited lifespan places a significant limitation on a mortal's skill. Immortals have more potential."
"Yes that is true but what about procrastination? What about the feeling that you know "I'll have time to do it later." Except you will always have that thought, because you will always be/.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 26, 2015, 07:03:47 pm »

"Don' any of ya know how impolite it is ta talk in a theater while ders a show on? Especially when ya gots nothin' useful ta say."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 26, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

"Don' any of ya know how impolite it is ta talk in a theater while ders a show on? Especially when ya gots nothin' useful ta say."
((I thought we were talking in the intermission or before the play/when the play is about to start.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 26, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »

Jens slaps the air, preventing sound from leaving a small area around the debating gods. (0-Energy Action)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 26, 2015, 07:17:00 pm »

Mortal literally means that they have a maximum lifespan and will die eventually. The vast majority of intelligent mortals know this, excepting those with delusions of immortality.

By your logic, we should never have created mortals, because them dying is wasteful? Yet you have created mortals yourself?

I asked why did you all give them a predetermined time limit, not why did you create them. Aging is entirely unnecessary and in no way forced by the functioning of eality, while preventing all form of harm is impossible even for ourselves. You are entirely avoiding my point that enforcing aging is infinitely more cruel and wasteful than the murder of one individual and attacking a nonexistent strawman. I expect better from any of you who claims to be in the right or morally "good ".

Sorry, misunderstood your point.

Good. Ignore my accusation then.

Zenurion get distracted by the performance and forget to respond. Once the play is over however he comes to the gods he was discussing with earlier.
Let's get back to what we were talking about before, now that this distraction is over:

YOU REALLY ARE A SORRY LOT, AREN'T YOU?

...Sorry for that outburst, I really couldn't resist. So seriously? Your only justification for forcing everyone to slowly rot to death is because you believe that makes them better workers slaves? REALLY?? WHAT A ******* HYPOCRISY FROM PEOPLE THAT PRETEND TO BE MORALLY SUPERIOR!

So each of you want their own slave races that are obedient, live too young to be smart enough to challenge your philosophies, and are obsessed with spending the few instants they have to work as hard as they can FOR YOU? AND THEN YOU CALL ME EVIL WHEN I TRY TO FREE ONE FROM THAT PATHETIC EXISTENCE?? YOU PRETEND TO BE GOOD AND WANT THE BEST FOR THESE MORTALS THAT YOU TREAT NO BETTER THAN ESSENCE GENERATORS?? YOU REALLY ARE GREAT AT DOUBLE STANDARDS, AREN'T YOU ALL?

Now, before you all inevitably jump at my throat like you all usually do, I'm not claiming that I am good or that my actions are morally justified, I'M SAYING YOU'RE ALL JUST AS BAD AS ME! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US IS THAT I DON'T PRETEND THE OPPOSITE!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 26, 2015, 07:19:20 pm »

"I don't see the value in lives that can cease with ease."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 26, 2015, 07:19:31 pm »

"Better slaves? Where did you get that from? No, we leave them mortal for their own benefit. But if you like, here's a philosophical experiment for you. Choose 5 mortals from different species and cultures, and make them immortal. Wait a few thousand years, then check back to see if they're happy."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 26, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »

"Better slaves? Where did you get that from? No, we leave them mortal for their own benefit. But if you like, here's a philosophical experiment for you. Choose 5 mortals from different species and cultures, and make them immortal. Wait a few thousand years, then check back to see if they're happy."

HAHAHAHA!

Oh, sorry, it's just that your argument is so easy to dismantle. Let's start with the massively obvious, off course they'll be unhappy, but it wouldn't have anything to do with my argument. If they are the only ones to live forever they won't be able to form any meaningful relation, but I'm talking about the entirety of mortals, not just a few random isolated individuals. Now on the slightly less obvious but still massively easy to destroy, your response have nothing to do with what I just said, and doesn't even come close to answering it for reasons shown in my last counter argument.

... Now what else is left? Surprisingly little. You are gods, so of course you don't need physical labor, all you need is worship and increase of influence. That's where the slavery starts. You only created them to serve these two purposes and yourselves by extension.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 26, 2015, 07:32:52 pm »

HAHAHAHA!

Oh, sorry, it's just that your argument is so easy to dismantle. Let's start with the massively obvious, off course they'll be unhappy, but it wouldn't have anything to do with my argument. If they are the only ones to live forever they won't be able to form any meaningful relation, but I'm talking about the entirety of mortals, not just a few random isolated individuals. Now on the slightly less obvious but still massively easy to destroy, your response have nothing to do with what I just said, and doesn't even come close to answering it for reasons shown in my last counter argument.

... Now what else is left? Surprisingly little. You are gods, so of course you don't need physical labor, all you need is worship and increase of influence. That's where the slavery starts. You only created them to serve these two purposes and yourselves by extension.

Let's not argue. Its clear neither of you will change each others opinions.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 26, 2015, 07:36:07 pm »

"This is very true."
"Yes that is true but what about procrastination? What about the feeling that you know "I'll have time to do it later." Except you will always have that thought, because you will always be/.
"While that is an issue, it can be mitigated by proper application of religion, and I believe it is a lesser effect than the increase in skill from longer lifespans."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 26, 2015, 07:37:03 pm »

"This is very true."
"While that is an issue, it can be mitigated by proper application of religion, and I believe it is a lesser effect than the increase in skill from longer lifespans."

I see what you mean.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 26, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »

HAHAHAHA!

Let's not argue. Its clear neither of you will change each others opinions.

Shush, I want a real answer from her. Not a joke like what she just said.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 246