Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: War of the Planets : Human thread : Research Q3 2025  (Read 13859 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Design 2024
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2015, 11:27:44 am »

I vote for
Spoiler: HX-1 (click to show/hide)

I am not sure about going high because enemy can develop countermeasures and snipe such missiles from orbit. This is why I want it to be optional. I think it is too advanced for revision.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:47:45 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2015, 11:36:03 am »

Name should be more communist.

HX-1, for Red Star.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2015, 11:48:32 am »

Edited to HX-1. Any other amendments?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2015, 11:52:43 am »

Hey, maybe we could take some of their natural armor, (he said that they had a few that got injured, and I am assuming that one or two died.) and attempt to figure out how to make it syntheticlly, then make armor out of it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53:47 am »

+1, I'm happy with it.

Hey, maybe we could take some of their natural armor, (he said that they had a few that got injured, and I am assuming that one or two died.) and attempt to figure out how to make it syntheticlly, then make armor out of it.

I think we have a separate research phase for things like that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 12:00:55 pm »

I know, but I was saying that so that we do not make abrasive armor, as it would immediately be obsolete, as we would have better items.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »

Ablative armor is not for this phase. And I suggest to introduce new spoiler to not clutter the topic and not confuse GM

Spoiler: long term strategy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2015, 12:18:20 pm »

Also happy with the HX-1.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:21:50 pm by evilcherry »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2015, 12:19:30 pm »

Remember, GM asked to bold votes

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:24 pm »

HX-1 all the way.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 03:33:30 am »

HX-1

The HX-1 missile is a two stage solid-liquid propelled ground to Air missile, equipped with a large HEAT warhead. The significant weight of the warhead necessitated the utilization of the more powerful liquid fuel combination, but this has caused several problems. The hypergolic fuel is not only highly toxic, it is also quite corrosive. To make matters worse, the fuel will freeze at slightly above freezing point, while the oxider will boil off at anything higher than room temperature. Can be fired by our submarine and current HQ-9 launchers.
Cost: Lowers batch size by 1

Note: That means that HQ-9 batteries with this missile available will be build at 2 per year, not 3. The sub, being an unique unit already, can equip it for free.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Revision 2024
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2015, 03:45:16 am »

fix and lower cost of HX-1.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2015, 03:46:58 am »

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2015, 04:32:50 am »

fix and lower cost of HX-1.

with out a doubt, a weapon with can barely function outside of room temp. isn't a weapon.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2015, 06:45:43 am »

Improve propellant and oxider , don't focus on reducing the cost but try to not increase. Try to get Russian\American help if possible
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16