Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: War of the Planets : OOC thread  (Read 7303 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : OOC thread
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2015, 09:30:46 pm »

I thought we were waiting on the aliens. If it's just the three of us, though...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:32:32 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2015, 09:38:35 pm »

We were discussing some things but its basically two of us and we had different opinions.

I was waiting for others to chime in but hell I'll just go with what the other guy wanted.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 12:48:37 pm »

I want it alive.... I love it

But player activity may be too low to sustain the game
My thoughts exactly. Half a dozen or so players in what is essentially two separate games is a bit worrying.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 07:38:17 am »

I am rather surprised that aliens vs humans generated less interest than 1920s design game. Tastes of bay12ers is hard to predict.

3 active players per thread is a bare minimum but for healthy discussion and many ideas 5-6 are needed

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:48 am »

Problem is, this setting is much more vague. The lack of historical inspiration makes it harder to predict the effect of actions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2015, 09:17:41 am »

Yeah, that and the fact that it's not as clear what each side needs to do (Like how human gains new terriotry) or at least wasn't in the beginning.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2015, 04:04:08 pm »

I am rather surprised that aliens vs humans generated less interest than 1920s design game. Tastes of bay12ers is hard to predict.

3 active players per thread is a bare minimum but for healthy discussion and many ideas 5-6 are needed

Same thing happened to the last one. Lots of inital interest, which died off really quickly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 11:32:17 am »

Well, I'm still here. Even if interest is relatively low now, maybe more people will jump in once it gets going.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2015, 04:35:49 pm »

I think the research phase is also confusing people. Its really not clear what we can (and cannot) research.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2015, 01:25:14 am »

I think the research phase is also confusing people. Its really not clear what we can (and cannot) research.
Yea its getting too open sometimes. Also giving people chance to stragetize for future turns, without a clear aim or end, is usually futile in terms of game interest.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]