Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: War of the Planets : OOC thread  (Read 7307 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : OOC thread
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2015, 04:08:01 am »

But what are those D6 if not the battle rolls?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2015, 04:14:43 am »

Battle rolls are d6's (and others, were appropriate).

Design rolls are multiple d100's

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2015, 04:15:09 am »

I think d100 may be what he rolls for designs?

edit:ninja!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 03:35:42 am »

Do rolls decide
a) damage done by a unit?
b) damage done to a unit?
c) both?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2015, 04:30:55 am »

Both.

There is no direct relation/ formula between rolls and results though.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2015, 02:44:20 pm »

My question is: what are the UN doing whilst developing nations the world over are being invaded by aliens? ???
On a more serious note, I have no complaints or comments other than keep up the good work.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »

My question is: what are the UN doing whilst developing nations the world over are being invaded by aliens? ???

As we speak a firmly worded letter is being drafted, to be sent by an ESA launch vehicle, to the alien mothership. The debate still rages on whether the letter should politely but firmly ask them to leave, or firmly but politely ask them to leave.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »

I think asking them to leave is way too radical for UN...

It would be like

"We firmly ask aliens to limit their conquest to South America and allow international organizations to provide humanitarian aid to peoples of South America"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2015, 03:06:55 pm »

No, I got the UN's General Secretary letter's right here. It "strongly condemns" our occupation of South America and "urges all party to reach a negociated settlement."

Also, Secretary of State Chelsea Clinton said that our presence in South America is an incursion, not an invasion. That is of course a complete lie: South American peacefully chose to join the Collective, and the big green men seen in the streets of rio are just local self-defense volunteer. You can buy that kind of genetic modification in any shop in South America.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:09:21 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2015, 06:07:41 am »

No, I got the UN's General Secretary letter's right here. It "strongly condemns" our occupation of South America and "urges all party to reach a negociated settlement."

Also, Secretary of State Chelsea Clinton said that our presence in South America is an incursion, not an invasion. That is of course a complete lie: South American peacefully chose to join the Collective, and the big green men seen in the streets of rio are just local self-defense volunteer. You can buy that kind of genetic modification in any shop in South America.

We only provide alterations to make up for the severe design flaws in the native species.

And super strength.  I mean not being able to bend steel with your hands IS a design flaw.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »

Poke?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56:06 am »

We invaders are taking too long to decide on stuff.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:24 pm »

So, I kinda let this drop as interest appeared lacking. Let it die or attempt to continue?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2015, 04:39:27 pm »

I want it alive.... I love it

But player activity may be too low to sustain the game

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2015, 04:50:36 pm »

What side needs more work? Probably the humans, yes?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6