Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: War of the Planets : OOC thread  (Read 7314 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : OOC thread
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 05:15:04 am »

So, you would want to play on one thread, but not another?
The whole point of the game is to create a PVP experience, and by making it group v group enough chaos factor is drawn in. So you should stick to one side.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 10:51:25 am »

Due to that disaster, I now ask a question. Ebbor, do you want a hand in running this? Its an awesome concept and I personally dont really feel right being on either side.

The problem with cooperative work is that it gets complex quite fast. I mean, I tried it before and it wasn't very succesfull.

Anyway, the alien thread has already spawned a collaborative alien noir writing effort, which was unexpected but I'm counting that as a succes, despite having nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:54:21 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 08:17:10 am »

Introduction

News Report: Debris originating from the comet that impacted on dark side of the moon last month, continues to rain down upon planet, resulting in persistent and highly visible meteor showers, delighting millions. But the once in million year phenomenon has a dark side. Aside from being a stark reminder of the danger of an asteroid impact, the impact has severe consequences both in orbit, and on the Ground. At a conference in Stuttgard, Germany, NASA, Roscosmos, ESA and JAXA officials are currently discussing the fate of the 25 year old International Space Station. Expedition 71, the longest lasting and last mission to the ISS before it will be decommissioned next year, was evacuated shortly after the impact. ESA officials have suggested a new short-term expedition to recover research data, but as of now it is uncertain if that notion will be adopted.

More tragic news from Diego Garcia, the largest island in the Chagos archipelago, located deep in the Indian ocean. All the infrastructure of the island, which was inhabited by about 4000 US/UK military personnel, was destroyed completely by a meteroid impact. The island's isolation results in fears that by the time rescue workers arrive, there may be no more survivors.

Battle Report:2023

China, an economic superpower, has founded the first anti-invasion defensive task force. The alien invaders meanwhile, have taken to an extremely cautious attack plan, attacking only extremely isolated locations. For the most part, this ensures that both groups do not in fact come in active conflict, given either side more time to prepare.

Analysis from the data from Diego Garcia attack gives valuable insights to both sides. The alien drop pods do not appear to be armed, or capable of significant flight. Instead, for the most part they fly ballistic, executing a suicide burn shortly before touchdown. They appear to be well armored, with CIWS defending the base being unable to destroy them. Further evidence from the debris and cause of death of onsite personnel suggest the utilization of laser weaponry, but of terrific power density compared to the large, ship mounted devices in use at some navies around the world. In addition, several vehicles appear to have been destroyed simply through the application of brute force.

The ballistic and explosive weaponry preferred by Earthern forces has proved mostly ineffective at inflicting significant damage to the alien drop pods, which are protected by thick heat shields. Though the heat shield is damaged by the attacks, it is only utilized in the descent. A probe can still make it back to space even with severe damage to the outer hull, as long as power systems and engines survive. Similarly, fatalities amongst the invading forces are rare. Facing a thick carapace and redundant organs, terran weaponry often fails to inflict lethal damage. With high efficiency, invading forces destroyed the base, before retreating back to space.

For the rest, the year is quiet. No further attacks on this large scale are noted, and the defensive task force does not see any enemies. China and the surrounding countries are secured by air defense and frequent patrols, though the effectiveness of either has not at all been tested.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:28:14 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 08:17:37 am »

The human forces contain :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Invader's forces contain :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:29:36 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:14 am »

Let me guess. Aliens have something like a dozen of fancy designs and none got more than one vote? 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:53 am »

Let me guess. Aliens have something like a dozen of fancy designs and none got more than one vote?
Yup.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 08:13:51 am »

Yup.

Aliens confirmed for bad.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 09:38:58 am »

As of now, one of the fancy designs has 3 votes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 09:40:13 am »

Make that 4.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 09:53:54 am »

I wonder what design will end up being the SMG of this game.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 10:06:43 am »

I don't know, but I think you should make it cheaper.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

I think lasers can take the role of SMGs. First humans will steal it then make it cheap.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 07:58:13 pm »

The secret is lasers are shit on Earth :).
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

To be fair, Arstotzka's initial SMG was shit too :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 08:41:33 pm »

You kidding?There have been only three revisions on the sodding thing. And two of those where by Moskurg retooling it and making it cheaper.

And the final one was Arstotzka making it cheaper.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6