Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241135 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2085 on: September 09, 2015, 09:02:36 pm »

Sorry. I was mad that I had to kill my charcter. I'll do light blue or maybe maroon.
I can't blame you on that, I don't know what I'd do if my character was perma-killed.

...Maybe something more silly, now that I think of it.

You don't blame him for suiciding unnecessarily?

Edit for assholeness
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:47:01 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 09, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »

It's not at all obvious that tntey is just being a petulant man-child is it?

((Oh hector I'm sorry. Also, would you be fine if my mortals joined your Kitsoonies troupes?))

It's Veles' you should be asking. Evidently you seem to be having issues separating IC and OOC.

Someone is in a dark mood today. Have a bad day?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 09, 2015, 09:07:26 pm »

There's far worse fates when you think about it. Having your character stripped of power and imprisoned. You end up playing as a god that can't do anything for who knows how long. By the time you become powerful again, you'd have probably been further ahead if you just created a new character.

That said, RP wise, I think I'd be far more hesitant to have my character commit suicide.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 09, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »

There's far worse fates when you think about it. Having your character stripped of power and imprisoned. You end up playing as a god that can't do anything for who knows how long. By the time you become powerful again, you'd have probably been further ahead if you just created a new character.

That said, RP wise, I think I'd be far more hesitant to have my character commit suicide.

You can always retire, whenever you want. Besides, so far pretty much all sealings have allowed the sealed to do something (As the Most Sealed, I would know  :P) anyway. At the very least, he could have left the Council (Thus freeing himself from their rulings) and ran away. Having the character off itself was just unnecessary  :-\.

Even then, if I remember correctly, offing himself means that he gets a penalty to his new character. If he really wanted to make a full powered one, he shoulda made someone else kill him.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 09, 2015, 09:13:28 pm »

Tiring. Parents are visiting for 18 days, lots of touristy things, which I'm not keen on.

So to have tntey get caught and then go "NO I'M NOT GOING TO BE PUNISHED BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE THE FACT I FUCKED UP" so they can create a new character, apparently with the sole intention of fucking my shit up does not make me pleased.

I just hope tntey is more sensible than he seems.

Edit: mostly in a bad mood about that because if tntey does decide to play out the petulant man-child thing, I'll probably just quit, which I don't want to do.

True Edit removing assholeness
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:46:38 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Sorry. I was mad that I had to kill my charcter. I'll do light blue or maybe maroon.
I can't blame you on that, I don't know what I'd do if my character was perma-killed.

...Maybe something more silly, now that I think of it.

You don't blame him for suiciding unnecessarily?

Shush, I was talking about him not being happy about loosing his character, you silly... Erhm I'm pretty sure there's something that should go there but I can't seem to find the word :-\.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 09, 2015, 09:27:42 pm »

I personally have no sympathy, there was no need for it. I think he only did it to avoid Isgon being punished by the other gods.

At least Eid is making the attempt to worm his way out of it.

And silly *expletive* will do. I'm Scottish, we take it as a compliment. Indeed, anything non-offensive is generally considered insulting* :o

*Don't actually say anything bad to a Scottish person, especially if you're not Scottish, but with a shit-eating grin on your face you might get away with it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 09, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »

Tiring. Parents are visiting for 18 days, lots of touristy things, which I'm not keen on.

So to have tntey get caught and then go "NO I'M NOT GOING TO BE PUNISHED BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE THE FACT I FUCKED UP" so they can create a new character, apparently with the sole intention of fucking my shit up does not make me pleased.

Edit: mostly in a bad mood about that because if tntey does decide to play out the petulant man-child thing, I'll probably just quit, which I don't want to do.

Lot of time to spend with your parents, especially if your spending most of the day with them  :-\. I pity you.

Why would he even target you? You had literally nothing to do with this event.

Tntey is kinda an early teenager, I think. Petulant teen-child? Anyway, you really don't have to leave just because on person is doing something you don't like. KJP is a reasonable guy, complaining to him should get it fixed. If you are really enjoying the game, aside from Tntey's actions, then it would be a shame to leave because of them.

I understand that him killing off his character the second things don't go his way was a really annoying move, especially with the intentions of just popping in a new character right after. But it is just a game, and nothing to get super-upset over. Technically, that *didn't* even happen yet, considering KJP is several hours of shifting through all this to decide WHAT THE HECK happened. I am aware of several actions that could have prevented it, or killed him before he killed himself, or whatever. His character was not accepted yet.

Back to the Complaint thing-Do you have any suggestions on how KJP should handle this? As I said, he is a reasonable person, and I do believe the majority agree that, at least, his new character should not be at full power.

And, of course, there is always the option to talk over the issues you have with someone's playing with them, like you would in a physical RPG.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:51 pm »

I always have one of those on my face :P.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat your stuff being messed with for OOC reasons. We're all mature adults here after all...
*Looks around*
Right?... Right?

Anyway people who can't separate OOC and IC tend to get called out on it... and they also tend to do poorly at these games. Pretty sure KJP said it himself.

And everything Stirk said. ;D
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »

I personally have no sympathy, there was no need for it. I think he only did it to avoid Isgon being punished by the other gods.

At least Eid is making the attempt to worm his way out of it.

And silly *expletive* will do. I'm Scottish, we take it as a compliment. Indeed, anything non-offensive is generally considered insulting* :o

*Don't actually say anything bad to a Scottish person, especially if you're not Scottish, but with a shit-eating grin on your face you might get away with it.

AHAH! I found the word I was looking for, it was "bugger". I'm not sure an insult would've fit the tone I intended.

Lot of time to spend with your parents, especially if your spending most of the day with them  :-\. I pity you.

Why would he even target you? You had literally nothing to do with this event.

Tntey is kinda an early teenager, I think. Petulant teen-child? Anyway, you really don't have to leave just because on person is doing something you don't like. KJP is a reasonable guy, complaining to him should get it fixed. If you are really enjoying the game, aside from Tntey's actions, then it would be a shame to leave because of them.

I understand that him killing off his character the second things don't go his way was a really annoying move, especially with the intentions of just popping in a new character right after. But it is just a game, and nothing to get super-upset over. Technically, that *didn't* even happen yet, considering KJP is several hours of shifting through all this to decide WHAT THE HECK happened. I am aware of several actions that could have prevented it, or killed him before he killed himself, or whatever. His character was not accepted yet.

Back to the Complaint thing-Do you have any suggestions on how KJP should handle this? As I said, he is a reasonable person, and I do believe the majority agree that, at least, his new character should not be at full power.

And, of course, there is always the option to talk over the issues you have with someone's playing with them, like you would in a physical RPG.

Honestly as long as his new character doesn't literally becomes the reincarnation first one I'm fine, mostly because I don't really care much about game mechanics and probably won't really be affected by the end result (maybe a bit selfish? Probably very selfish actually).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 09, 2015, 09:45:55 pm »

I know, all these things. And the fact I know and am still upset is making me more upset :)) evidently tiredness does not improve cognition.

I was going to wait until later before dealing with it. Or rather dealing with it in a non-passive-aggressive, sensible adult manner in which I don't just type long strings of swear words around the points I want to make.

So with that, I'm sorry for taking my bad mood out on you, tntey, though I would appreciate you changing the colour of the text your new god speaks in :P

And with that, I shall escape the world of the internet, and have some cheese before bed.

And perhaps a thank you to you three for not encouraging my asshole mood :))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

I really wonder how KJP is going to name the next tick(s), I mean you can only use so many synonyms of insanity before starting to sound repetitive, and yet every new tick ends up deserving a name like that more than the last one :-\.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 09, 2015, 10:17:50 pm »

I vote he names it "Goddamnit Guys Not Again"

I've noticed a trend with Andres' characters, by the way. Supposedly good god who goes for a pre-emptive strike on the gods they view as evil/opposed to them, usually with the aid of others, which inevitably goes awry, one way or another, and they get caught, whether in, before, or after the act, and then no other god really likes them from that point on, while the 'evil' gods look like perfectly reasonable individuals.

A lot of it comes, I think, from his characters always viewing mortals as on a level with gods, when basically no one else does that. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and The Don, Zenurion, and Morthan are more than likely in a (SEEECRET) pantheon together. Possibly with Meow.

The Sworn might be dedicated to world domination a glorious regime of peace and love, but those spheres, man...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:29:50 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:34 pm »

Eid actually has a reason for his views on mortals and besides only thinks of them as having equal sapience and autonomy, at least in theory. Malakath was clean of conflict while Iliseth reacted due to a defensive alliance. Iliseth only cared about mortals who worshipped her, if my memory's correct. Yaos tried to kill Fusil because he was an obstacle to his ambitions. I can't even remember what the casus belli was. Eid only became "good" from his opposition to Zenurion. He probably would've stayed neutral without him.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »

I vote he names it "Goddamnit Guys Not Again"

I've noticed a trend with Andres' characters, by the way. Supposedly good god who goes for a pre-emptive strike on the gods they view as evil/opposed to them, usually with the aid of others, which inevitably goes awry, one way or another, and they get caught, whether in, before, or after the act, and then no other god really likes them from that point on, while the 'evil' gods look like perfectly reasonable individuals.

A lot of it comes, I think, from his characters always viewing mortals as on a level with gods, when basically no one else does that. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and The Don, Zenurion, and Morthan are more than likely in a (SEEECRET) pantheon together. Possibly with Meow.

The Sworn might be dedicated to world domination a glorious regime of peace and love, but those spheres, man...

I'm pretty sure Andres just plays the characters as himself  :P. Would explain a lot, really.

There is no Secret Pantheon. Let alone with those people.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 241