Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241380 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1050 on: August 24, 2015, 09:04:33 am »

Well then they're being lazy and unfair to the rest of the population who have to work to produce that food, and they don't get to live in my City. My City, my rules. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 24, 2015, 09:06:13 am »

As long as they're happy and willing, does it really matter?
Not from a practical point of view, but certainly from a moral point of view.

If they feel like they have purpose and meaning in their lives, who are you to take that away from them?
They should be able to choose to have purpose and meaning in their lives. Also, many would rather be without purpose than to have their purpose be a hated one.

Just because there's black doesn't mean there's white. Only different shades of gray. :P

As long as they're happy and willing, does it really matter? If they feel like they have purpose and meaning in their lives, who are you to take that away from them? They work for their food and their board. Is that slavery?

Wage slavery, brah. What if they don't want to work for their food and board? What if they want to consider different philosophies about existence?
Basically this, but if you force them to work even if they don't want food and board then that's regular slavery.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:46 am »

Why do you think it would be a hated one? Like I said, happy and willing. And I don't know about you, but most people I know find the ability to not starve, have a nice bed to sleep in at night, and a roof over their heads, rather important.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:12 am »

That's because everything costs money, and the only way to get the money (through legal means) is work.

Wage slavery :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:35 am »

I'm not about to continue arguing over whether slavery is morally right. I simply don't need to.

KJP, are gods still able to change physics and morality like they were in YG1? Could Essence be used instead or is that firmly a Council-only thing?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 24, 2015, 09:18:41 am »

Why do you think it would be a hated one? Like I said, happy and willing. And I don't know about you, but most people I know find the ability to not starve, have a nice bed to sleep in at night, and a roof over their heads, rather important.

Most people I know also find that whole "Not Being A Slave" thing pretty important too. Maybe just because most people I know are on the right  :P

I'm not about to continue arguing over whether slavery is morally right. I simply don't need to.

KJP, are gods still able to change physics and morality like they were in YG1? Could Essence be used instead or is that firmly a Council-only thing?

You couldn't change morality in YG1  ::).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:06 am »

It's not about slavery being morally right.

I'm saying it's not slavery. I don't know why you guys keep saying that it is at this point. If it's willing, it's not slavery.

Actually, in this case, hector, it has nothing to do with money. It's just that you get food and board, via work. Period. I'm not housing people in my City if they aren't going to be willing to work when and if they are physically able, within reason(I don't expect fifteen hours a day...twelve is plenty, and is what farmers tended to work, so that seems a reasonable amount of time. Not like I need to skimp on safety precautions for factories I get set up). My City, my rules.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 24, 2015, 09:25:26 am »

I was referring to RL (you mentioned most people you know having stuff)

I don't really understand why Andres is getting so up in arms about it, tbh, but you can also have willing slaves, such as indentured servitude. But now I'm just being pedantic for the sake of winning the argument :P

Maybe just because most people I know are on the right  :P

I don't think many on the left like it either :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 24, 2015, 09:31:29 am »

If you want to be pedantic, it's not slavery because they aren't the legal property, nor do they have to perform grueling backbreaking work(I think(mostly(yet))). You just need to earn your keep, is all. The Citizens of the City aren't the property of the City. They're Citizens. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 24, 2015, 09:38:31 am »

Oh, bollocks to pedantry. You're totally a slave-master etc. etc.

Should rather consider the irony of Andres arguing against slavery versus commissioning the Djinn to traffic the Skinazi (or whatever they're called) to human settlements to use their blood so the humans don't get eaten, though...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 24, 2015, 09:40:42 am »

Should rather consider the irony of Andres arguing against slavery versus commissioning the Djinn to traffic the Skinazi (or whatever they're called) to human settlements to use their blood so the humans don't get eaten, though...
What!? No no no! I am absolutely not doing that! My intention is that some Skizani - while still in their own civilisation - might bleed a little bit and sell some of their blood (I wonder if period blood counts...) to Human caravans. The caravans then take the blood back to the city where they're distributed to the Thannels. The Djinn are just there to open the trade route. Everything is done of everyone's free will.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 24, 2015, 09:44:00 am »

That's not very advantageous to the Djinn if the traders are human. Not that they care, being micenat the current time.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:00 am »

There are the Witnesses, they should make sure everything is fair for all parties involved.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 24, 2015, 09:47:47 am »

That's not very advantageous to the Djinn if the traders are human. Not that they care, being micenat the current time.
Why are the Djinn mice, by the way? I remember Sadiq saying something about that.

There are the Witnesses, they should make sure everything is fair for all parties involved.
Yeah, this is a good idea.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 24, 2015, 09:50:18 am »

Dunno. Someone probably sent in a secret action. I have...suspicions.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 241