Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241242 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #810 on: August 21, 2015, 11:56:01 pm »

Eh, by the technical definition, I'm maxing one stat at the expense of the others (temporarily, I hope, with how high my Essence gain/turn should be). *shrug*

Also, in addition to what Stirk was saying about that, to me it's more that you seem to just kinda dismiss large aspects of the fluff. 'oh, I just need a race who'll give me worship; I'll just make Humans and be done with it'. And you make things and expect them to be very specific in power level, a lot of the time, it seems. You've gotten better, but still.

Also, there's a way to gain permanent Ichor capacity beyond settling down but it takes a long-ass time to make up the investment, and it involves settling down.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:16 pm »

Sadiq word of the Day:

Chill.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 21, 2015, 11:59:14 pm »

$$$
Price check on doing this
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:11 am »

$$$
Price check on doing this

I would expect a lot of us trying to hinder such an action...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 22, 2015, 12:02:15 am »

When was this, again? They've been in more than just one battle.

The one where everything exploded and a whole bunch of Archangels where never seen again. (Yes, Fish, I know.)

I'm not trying to make them for cheap. I'm just trying to make them. My sphere would give me a 10% discount at most. What I'm trying to do is make them cheaper than angels. Price-per-point, angels would be better because I get a full 15% discount when making them. Besides, Humans are better for worship because they provide the same Essence and they're a lot cheaper to make.

Price-per-point? In theory, 1E worth of Humans with average weapons and training would be able to take down 1E worth of Angels, making pure Mortals have a higher price-per-point. 1E worth of half-Angels fighting 1E worth of Angels at once would also win. Discount or no.

Eh, by the technical definition, I'm maxing one stat at the expense of the others (temporarily, I hope, with how high my Essence gain/turn should be). *shrug*

To me, it is less minmaxy, since you are mainly doing it for story reasons. It seems to be more "I want to turn into a city because that is cool, the mechanical effect is jut a bonus!" vs normal minmaxers "I want to turn into a city for all the sweeeet bonus, the story effect is just something I can work around."

I would expect a lot of us trying to hinder such an action...

That is why he does it in secret. And hindering is rendered pointless  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 22, 2015, 12:02:44 am »

$$$

Pricecheck to do this to an area.

Pricecheck on pmed thing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 22, 2015, 12:14:06 am »

Price-per-point? In theory, 1E worth of Humans with average weapons and training would be able to take down 1E worth of Angels, making pure Mortals have a higher price-per-point. 1E worth of half-Angels fighting 1E worth of Angels at once would also win. Discount or no.
The discount changes the situation, though. It would effectively be 1E worth of Humans fighting 1.1E/1.05E worth of half-angels or 1.15E worth of angels. Also, why would 1E Humans be able to take down 1E angels? I understand if it was only 50% of the time but you imply it's all the time. Also, if Humans get access to weapons and training then so do the angels.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 22, 2015, 12:18:06 am »

The discount changes the situation, though. It would effectively be 1E worth of Humans fighting 1.1E/1.05E worth of half-angels or 1.15E worth of angels. Also, why would 1E Humans be able to take down 1E angels? I understand if it was only 50% of the time but you imply it's all the time. Also, if Humans get access to weapons and training then so do the angels.

.001=1 human
1000 humans=1E

Do you honestly think two Default Angels could beat a thousand humans coming at them at once? Yes, under perfect circumstances, the Angels would be completely and utterly curb stomped by the Humans. The discount changes nothing.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 22, 2015, 12:19:32 am »

I thought I knew what one was until I looked it up to tell you, but it seems I was wrong. I still disagree with Kevak calling me a munchkin. A munchkin basically someone who only cares about the crunch in a game - the gameplay. He doesn't care about RP or story. Kevak called me one because I wanted to know what traits a half angel would get and how much it would cost.

A bit closer, but it has more connotations of "Cares about crunch in gameplay to "win" at any cost", with the latter part being more important in the annoyance factor. The TV tropes link on it is entertaining~.

I want to know about a thing that's a fair bit relevant to my sphere, that being angel hybrids. It's not exactly "doing anything I can to win". Also, those not 0-energy actions wouldn't have helped at all to win the game. I just did it because both me and my god want to know what gods can do. When even 0-energy actions get involved, mundane actions are nothing.

Your looking for a way to make:
In my mind, a hybrid would be an ultra-powerful Human while an angel would be something in a league of its own.

to restate, an "Ultra Powerful human" for cheap. Basically looking for the biggest power you can get for the cheapest. I understand that it falls under your sphere, but you should understand that the "Angel" sphere is kinda munchkinny, especially since you believe Angels are in a league of their own. I still don't understand why you just don't define what "Half-Angels" are yourself  :-\.
Were is man, actually. Werewolf translates to manwolf, which makes sense. Wolfwolf doesn't make sense.

Man is on Earth, silly. Try looking in the mirror.

I got the impression you just wanted to make yourself a giant city, regardless of the actual mechanical benefits.
That is true, but I also didn't realize how much I'd be getting. I'd thought at first that I'd get a total of 18 Ichor Capacity afterwards. So I'm gaining twice as much as I thought I would. If it'll be possible to even have a Flux capacity if it gets reduced to 0, I'll probably do the 30 Ichor Capacity thing, in part because I plan on using it up eventually whilst creating secondary cities/demigods.

EVERY CITY SHALL BE ALIVE AND OVERLY LARGE, AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Getting more than you thought you would is almost the exact opposite of being a min/maxer  :-\. One must wonder what happens to that Ichor if you turn back...

So could my archangels when they fused. Never got to do so either, but they could definitely blow up a city in their fused form.

I remember murdelating them during the explosion, after they fought a not-too impressive battle. Am I thinking of the wrong ones, or did you make more?

Why did you link to tvtropes X__X
I already have 5 new tabs opened and that was just in a minute XP
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 22, 2015, 12:21:47 am »

Eh, don't forget Stirk, they get 0-cost godly actions. It really just depends on their powers. After all, I'm guessing a lot of them could just float out of reach and shoot arrows or fireballs or death rays at the humans.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 22, 2015, 12:23:18 am »

Well... I'm going to bed. I hope you all enjoy arguing over munchkins and such.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 22, 2015, 12:24:14 am »

0-cost actions

Taking a corporeal form and visiting the world
    Discussion with mortals in the absence of things like wards
    Answering prayers not too elaborately (e.g. turning the petitioner into an angel, erasing the petitioner from existence, flooding the entire region)
    Creating relatively mundane animals (i.e. not too powerful/numerous/malicious)
    Creating relatively mundane plants (i.e. not too powerful/numerous/malicious)
    Forward time travel at 1x speed
Quote for relevance.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 22, 2015, 12:26:51 am »

Eh, don't forget Stirk, they get 0-cost godly actions. It really just depends on their powers. After all, I'm guessing a lot of them could just float out of reach and shoot arrows or fireballs or death rays at the humans.

We have not seen the use of any Angelic 0-cost actions yet, though I doubt they are able to beat an entire regiment with just that. The humans also have access to bows, magics, and other weapons capable of hitting flying opponents relatively easily (1000 arrows fired at once=dead angel).

If zero-E actions where able to kill 1000 men easily, it wouldn't be difficult for one angry guy to kill all life on the planet right now...

Well... I'm going to bed. I hope you all enjoy arguing over munchkins and such.

We will! Want us to sing you a lullaby?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 22, 2015, 12:29:07 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot my premier reason why I think angels are super OP powerful.

Locked0 <1>: Locked to mortals without permission or powerful magic (automatically applied)
Locked+1 <x1.1>: Locked to mortals without powerful magic without permission
Locked+2 <x1.2>: Locked to mortals without epic magic (the pinnacle of mortal achievement!) without permission
Locked+3 <x1.4>: Locked to minor divines
So yeah, angels are defined as surpassing "the pinnacle of mortal achievement". This could be taken to mean they're more powerful than even nukes (they're the pinnacle of mortal achievement in destruction) but that's obviously over-reaching. An epic spell capable of killing an army is certainly possible, though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 22, 2015, 12:33:23 am »

So yeah, angels are defined as surpassing "the pinnacle of mortal achievement". This could be taken to mean they're more powerful than even nukes (they're the pinnacle of mortal destruction) but that's obviously over-reaching. An epic spell capable of killing an army is certainly possible, though.

1. That is an absolutely huge assumption. Absolutely astoundingly huge. Do you know how big an aircraft carrier is? Because that assumption was at least as large as ten of them.

2. If you think Angels are super OP powerful, then chose a Sphere based on that (Thus making it a super OP powerful sphere), and continue to think that, then aren't you a real munchkin after all?

I wish I had some essence to spend on the Sandbox, because this would be fun to test.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 241