Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241282 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #750 on: August 21, 2015, 06:47:29 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck to make the ambiant background noise of the universe occasionally shift into creepy circus music.

... why? :-\

I mean I understand it fits your character but...

It's odd and really funny at the same time.
Whenever you ask "Why" when it comes to Meow, the answer will usually be "Why not~?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 21, 2015, 06:47:59 pm »

Those are all questions I have in my head. Leaving them unasked means assuming or guessing their answers. Also, updates are now every 48 hours so they probably wouldn't stall any updates.

...A lot of them are just common sense things that you really should be able to figure out yourself (NO, the penguin is just sillyness), or your standard Minmaxing/power gaming, or questions that have already been answered/are displayed prominently (YES HE USES 3d6). Combined, this is a lot of pointless work for the GM that he really shouldn't have to answer.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 21, 2015, 06:52:01 pm »

(NO, the penguin is just sillyness)
Assuming.

your standard Minmaxing/power gaming
I want to know just what I'm capable of doing as a god. I want to do it all. Limiting myself to only half of that stuff just because it would give me an advantage makes no sense.

(YES HE USES 3d6)
He's only mentioned using 3d6 when it comes to Flux training. I want to know if he uses it for other stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 21, 2015, 06:53:31 pm »

Ooh, another school of magic, I thought of it while trying to mentally construct just what the E'lement K'ruppt is capable of.

San K'ruppt (Sann Kropp=True Body), a bodily magic, which draws from the body of the user.
Users of San K'ruppt will be able to enhance their bodies, but at the cost of energy, not life energy, just energy, as in stamina or mana.
They can also meditate to more quickly recover said energy, though doing so is not easy, requiring significant mastery.
Healing, curing diseases, curing poison, enhancing strength, and they can do this to others as well, though it's difficult. They can solve many non-magical problems.
It can't stop fire or lift curses, only heal the damage they do.

San K'ruppt can also be used for fighting, enhancing your strength, durability, or shooting (short range) energy blasts out of your hands.
Not to mention it strengthening your instincts, and enhancing your senses.
But it does nothing to help the mind or soul, so users will often become dull minded or revert to bestial behavior, as the body's instincts begin to take precedent over the mind.
The effect is difficult to counteract, and those who begin to become dull-minded will likely not notice this happening before it's too late.
And if you use San K'ruppt too recklessly, it can affect your mind directly, making you start to go insane.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »

Penguin: NO! STATED PROMINENTLY ABOVE THE SPOILER!

And common sense.

I want to know just what I'm capable of doing as a god. I want to do it all. Limiting myself to only half of that stuff just because it would give me an advantage makes no sense.

....What...Do you not know what Min/Maxing and powergaming are?

He's only mentioned using 3d6 when it comes to Flux training. I want to know if he uses it for other stuff.

Why would he change die for other stuff? As we know he uses that, and we have seen the results, and he blatantly told us that 3 and 18 where crits (Which are the lowest and highest values respectively...)

What I am saying is that you really shouldn't have to ask most of these questions if you just paid attention.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #755 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

Rolepgeek: You can be on all three at once, yes. Hopefully we get to making transport like the gates or the flying space rocks with sparks soon. As of now, the incorporation-into-the-world thing will result in having around:
  • 10 Ichor cap for 1E+1F caps consumed
  • 11 Ichor cap for 2E+2F caps consumed
  • 15 Ichor cap for 5E+5F caps consumed
  • 19 Ichor cap for 7E+7F caps consumed
  • 23 Ichor cap for 8E+8F caps consumed
  • 26 Ichor cap for 9E+9F caps consumed
  • 30 Ichor cap for 10E+10F caps consumed

FArgHalfnr: Thankfully, that's not the kind of IC in OOC I had in mind. (It was IC fighting/arguing taken to OOC) The policy will be updated soon.

micelus: Manfest Anima, I believe, conjures solid things from willpower like Bigby's spells or Green Lantern powers.

Ritual magic, if I understand the listed description correctly, involves mortals inventing new spells by placing objects in certain large (building-sized and up) arrangements and burning them to produce certain effects. I imagine temporary portals would be well worth the trouble.

TheBiggerFish: Thanks

Vgray: Immunity to disease is not included in [Immortality]

Rolepgeek: Looks like it'll soon be time to add a few zeroes to the print functions and price checks (i.e. 1 000 -> 1 000 000, old price for 1 000 = new price for 1 000 000)

Andres: It was a silly RTD, logic doesn't apply. Also, I just rolled yes and no for the second part and inserted more penguins because it just had to be a penguin that got killed and not one of those pesky, meddling polar bears. I advise that you tone it down on the 0-energy actions thing lest you end up on the receiving end of a "why we can't have nice things quip."
Spoiler: Selected answers (click to show/hide)

Poll results:  The second planet we end up creating (if we do) should be

Icy, frozen, or frosty    - 7 (18.9%)
Temperate, lush, or garden-like    - 7 (18.9%)
Barren, rocky, or dusty    - 7 (18.9%)
Scorching, sizzling, or smoking    - 3 (8.1%)
Mostly oceanic (like at least 90%, not like Earth which is only 70 measly %)    - 4 (10.8%)
Earthlike (all of the above, almost)    - 6 (16.2%)
(Ballast option, pick this if you only want to vote for one)    - 3 (8.1%)

$$$Response
Vgray:
High Elves: [Affinity+1 (Necromancy) <1.4>] [Charismatic+2 <1.2>] [Combat-1 <0.7>] [Fruitful-2 <0.8>] [Immortal <1.1>] [Intelligence+1 <1.2>] [Pious+1 <1.4>] [Size+1] [Speed+2] [Focus-Build-Leading/Clerical] = Avg. 1.7E/1000
Deep Elves/Dwarves: [Affinity (Necromancy)] [Combat+1 <1.4>] [Defense+2 <1.4>] [Fireproof <1.2>] [Fruitful+2 <1.2>] [Size-1] [Strength+2 <1.4>] [Focus-Build-Labor/Crafts] [Focus-Conquer-Warriors] = Avg. 4.0E/1000
Dorfy <0.33>: Doubles death rate, decreases piety during peacetime, increases civilian fearfulness drastically, and provides little or no common sense, replaces Fireproof with Fire-Unresponsive

Andres:
Constellation: 1E now that the proposal's done and passed
Changing the order: I'll get to rebalancing it at some point. As it is now, there'll be entire ages of figurative comically grimdark terror and entire ages of figurative comically fluffy bunnies because of the chunking

tntey:
Monastery: Presumably included in the price of the Jeskia and their development unless you want to go in and do it yourself

micelus: Djinn base price: 2.9E/1000, so
20 Ivory Caste: 2.9*20/1000*([Protection+1 <1.1>] [Affinity (Glummer)] - 1) = Avg. 0.0058E to transform 20
20 Amber Caste: 2.9*20/1000*([Fruitful+1 <1.1>] [Affinity (Whimsy)] - 1) = Avg. 0.0058E to transform 20
5 Wraith Caste: 2.9*5/1000*([Affinity (Manifest Anima)]-1) = 0E
Copper Caste: 2.9*([Protection-1 <0.8>] [Teleport+1 <1.2>] -1) = 0E

Lord_lemonpie: The Sandbox: 10E

Kevak: Background music change: 0F uncontested, 1F for every objection

--more to come--

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 21, 2015, 07:08:03 pm »

That's Manifest Anima? Thought it was something soul-related.

$$$
Animancy: manipulation of souls.
Fireworks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:10:25 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 21, 2015, 07:32:07 pm »

Ooh, another school of magic, I thought of it while trying to mentally construct just what the E'lement K'ruppt is capable of.

San K'ruppt (Sann Kropp=True Body), a bodily magic, which draws from the body of the user.
Users of San K'ruppt will be able to enhance their bodies, but at the cost of energy, not life energy, just energy, as in stamina or mana.
They can also meditate to more quickly recover said energy, though doing so is not easy, requiring significant mastery.
Healing, curing diseases, curing poison, enhancing strength, and they can do this to others as well, though it's difficult. They can solve many non-magical problems.
It can't stop fire or lift curses, only heal the damage they do.

San K'ruppt can also be used for fighting, enhancing your strength, durability, or shooting (short range) energy blasts out of your hands.
Not to mention it strengthening your instincts, and enhancing your senses.
But it does nothing to help the mind or soul, so users will often become dull minded or revert to bestial behavior, as the body's instincts begin to take precedent over the mind.
The effect is difficult to counteract, and those who begin to become dull-minded will likely not notice this happening before it's too late.
And if you use San K'ruppt too recklessly, it can affect your mind directly, making you start to go insane.
Sounds kinda like a cross between a berserker and a cleric.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 21, 2015, 07:35:16 pm »

The mind-dulling effect comes from any form of San K'ruppt, so it's risky to use.
That, and be reckless and you'll go insane.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 21, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

Am I able to give up 10E and 10F cap? And if I do, am I able to gain F cap back?

More than I expected. Certainly not complaining. :D

Also, I'd suggest adding maybe one or two zeroes at most.

So, uh, can I ask how big I'll be/how much Control I'll have over myself as the City/within the City?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 21, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »

Ya know, this background music might just stifle the creation of any 'original' music. With preordained 'divine' music being omnipresent, mortals might not realise that music can sound different from what is already available. Any musicians might just do covers of background music with any original music being deemed blasphemous or odd. Eventually this would result in two camps, one who can't stand this modern stuff and refuses to call it music and more tolerant music lovers who think mortal jams are as good or better than what the gods came up with.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 21, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »

Ok, so I get a 15% discount when creating an angel. That's a thing. Would I instead get a 10% discount if I created a half-angel/half-Human? What traits would such a creature even have?

$$$
Price check on an unrelated god creating 5k half-Human/half angel-creatures
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:13:10 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2015, 09:42:31 pm »

Ok, so I get a 15% discount when creating an angel. That's a thing. Would I instead get a 10% discount if I created a half-angel/half-Human? What traits would such a creature even have?

$$$

... what you would pay, less the discount, perhaps?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 21, 2015, 09:48:02 pm »

$$$

... what you would pay, less the discount, perhaps?
I'd need to know what kind of traits a half angel gets before I can answer that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 21, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

...Like KJP said, there isn't much describing an "Angel" aside from taste. What would that even be? A human race with the [Divine] trait?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 241