Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting combat  (Read 1368 times)

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interesting combat
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:00 pm »

I had a legendary weaponsmith doing a hauling job, and was interrupted by a goblin thief.

The thief was knocked unconcious, and the weaponsmith worked up through dabbling to just "wrestler" and in the process bust about everything the goblin had except for internal organs.

lower body, right lower arm, left hand, both shoulders, both elbows, both wrists, hips, knees and ankles were red

neck and spine were brown (or is that an off green?) and eveyrthing else was gray or yellow,  The goblin's feet and upper body were the only things in white condition before he died!

igless

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting combat
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:00 am »

Ow.  That's all I got to say about that.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:57:00 am »

What was he hauling, a chainsaw???
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

FunnyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 04:02:00 am »

Hmm.  In adventurer mode, you can set your combat preferences to use only close combat attacks (wrestling holds, etc.).  This is very nice when you find a creature with no neck or breakable joints, like an antman, because you can train indefinitely.

Anybody know if you can do that with a dwarf in fortress mode?  If so, capture some antmen and make yourself a wrestling training facility.

Beta Tester's Motto: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 08:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FunnyMan:
<STRONG>Anybody know if you can do that with a dwarf in fortress mode?  If so, capture some antmen and make yourself a wrestling training facility.</STRONG>

If you make sure your dwarves are tough enough for close combat with antmen, you can set them to unarmed combat and release them in the arena. But just to be sure, have some marksdwarves ready in case your wrestlers should be losing. Or make sure the antmen have lost their arms. But that would require a bit too much micromanagement, I think.

Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperturtle:
<STRONG>neck and spine were brown (or is that an off green?)</STRONG>

Off-yellow, actually.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

I am almost thinking about drafting that guy, as I have another legendary weaponsmith.  All too often, in this fortress at least, I get a guy to spar in full plate and he damages his spine.  This guy wasn't even wearing armor and only got tired!
igless