Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Magic Evolution (Dawn of Evolution III.V) 7/10  (Read 4706 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Magic Evolution (Dawn of Evolution III.V) 7/10
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »

This is another evolution game, I'm going to use the same system as Dawn of Evolution 3. It will have magic AND evolution. May be a little more !!fun!! May be a little lower on my priorities list. Mostly inspired by ATHATH. Also mostly for kicks.

How the game works:

You submit a lowly creature. It should be the kind of creature you'd see in the first level of a video game. It should be animalistic (I.e. Not a goblin even though goblins could be level 1). It will then evolve through mundane means or the development of magic. Most things will need sentience before being able to directly control magic. (Non intelligent dragons can breath fire magically, but couldn't cast spells). If anything is unclear, ask me about it.

Sign-Up:
Name:
Description:
Traits: (I may alter these to make the game work)
Habitat: (I may alter these to make the game work)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:17:59 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Evolution (A knock-off game)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »

Clarification: the creature you submit need not be stereotypical of games, only of the equivalent strength level.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Evolution (A knock-off game)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:55 pm »

Name: Earthworm Gorrilla
Description:A very large, (2 feet long, 1 foot wide) weak worm that helps decompose. It has an exoskeleton that helps it protect itself. It eats dead things and dirt.
Traits: Large, Strong Exoskeleton
Habitat: Swamps and marshes. Inhabits large battlefields.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Evolution (Dawn of Evolution III.V)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 08:23:34 pm »

Name: The Cherx
Description: The Cherx look like land-squids, and are omnivores. Their claim to fame is their ability to copy (or steal, if it is too overpowered) the abilities (including magical ones) from other creatures, for future use. They can break down these copied abilities (this may be removed if it is too overpowered), and create new ones via combining the parts of abilities (or unbroken abilities) with each other. For instance, if a Cherx copied the fire-breath of a dragon, it could break it down into Breath and Fire. If it had Darkness from an ability, it could combine Breath and Darkness to gain he ability to spew darkness from its mouth.
Traits: Ability Copying
Habitat: Curious, Value the group over the individual
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:50:05 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:30:30 pm »

Name: Fay
Description: A small blue/green skinned creature with large moth wings.
Traits: Stealthy, weak
Habitat: Dark forests

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 10:31:41 pm »

All accepted so far. The Cherx will have to consolidate which abilities they have at one time somehow (or my life gets really confusing). Otherwise I love them. The break down and put back together ability is fine, but a couple points may be good to make sure the copied ability is as strong as the original.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 10:56:51 pm »

All accepted so far. The Cherx will have to consolidate which abilities they have at one time somehow (or my life gets really confusing). Otherwise I love them. The break down and put back together ability is fine, but a couple points may be good to make sure the copied ability is as strong as the original.
Alright. Do you mind me keeping record via pms?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 11:00:35 pm »

Doesn't bother me. If it ends up being too powerful (which I don't foresee happening) then we will work it out over PM too. My only concern is you collecting too many powers, but it can all be worked out.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 05:11:21 am »

Alright, I think I'm going to throw in my hat for this one:
Name: Sandrat
Description: Basically a large rat (so omnivorous and about 40-50cm long) that burrows to avoid the harsh daylight and can act together against larger opponents/prey.
Traits: Burrowing, social animal
Habitat: Scrubland/desert

Is this good?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 06:52:31 am »

Now can I human?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:25 am »

And may I Orc?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Evolution (Dawn of Evolution III.V) 7/10
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 08:18:26 am »

You should start out somehwere before humans and orcs become civilized, but yes.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 08:50:10 am »

Name: Slopheap
Description: A small amorphous mound, the slopheap isn't so much a creature, but rather a slow-moving colony of minuscule, simplistic blobs that tend to mob together into a single mass. They are very little threat on their own, but are notoriously hard to kill due to their lack of organs or skin. They are capable of surviving almost any mundane attack, smoothly flowing back together, but fire or the like kills them very quickly, as they lack the intellect to move away from the scorching heat. They are primarily lithotrophic, but will consume dead animals or plants if they happen across one.
Traits: Completely amorphous, very resilient, non-sentient.
Habitat: Caves, Damp areas

Is this ok?
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 09:50:04 am »

Here's a land-polyp/mushroom thing. Because mobile creatures are too conventional xD

Name: Medusa cup
Description: Looking like a mushroom with a cup-shaped head. The sides of the cup are covering with small tentacles. The tentacles fold in if anything lands on the head, trapping it for digestion.
It reproduces assexually with worm-like offsprings budding on the foot, then reliesing itself and crawling to an appropriate area to fix itself on the ground and grow into adult form.
Traits: Immobile, water-relient
Habitat: Damp forests

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 09:50:37 am »

When will we start?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4