Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should they be categorized?

Body material (flesh, scaly, rock, metal)
- 2 (18.2%)
Body type (winged, quadruped, insectile, etc)
- 5 (45.5%)
Special attack (none, dust, spit, fire)
- 4 (36.4%)
Other (suggest something)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Archive  (Read 522 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
The Forgotten Beast Archive
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »

I often go to Forgotten Beasts to provide inspiration for my own creative writing, so I figured, why not start a collection of interesting ones? I'm not sure how to categorize them yet, but fire away. Interesting, run of the mill, horrifying, amusing, you got it, I'll archive it. Not sure how to sort them yet, so I'll throw up a poll with a few options.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Archive
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »

What makes a beast special is its attack. Unless of course it is made of somethinf terrifying. I would acrually suggest a classification based on threat level. Tough ability, deadliest syndromes, impossible materials... Or a combination of many of those.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: The Forgotten Beast Archive
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 12:13:22 am »

I'll make my first contribution with the first FB i've encountered in a long while:

Giant one-eyed, eight-legged dimetrodon with pink scales that are blocky and set far apart. Beware its poisonous vapors! No immediate effects, but short-term symptoms include severe systematic incurable nerve damage followed by suffocation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:53:15 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.