Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poketwo has sent in sythers agian. Retecon or not?

Vote-retecon
- 9 (75%)
Vote-do not retecon
- 3 (25%)
Abstaining
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: create a setting!  (Read 3950 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: create a setting!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

(One, there are indeed 2 sections of the game that I did not put scythers in. 2, most of the people here have never played the originals before. and 3, it has been quite a while since the last time this type of game appeared.))

(A) As I stated, even if there have been a couple games without them, it doesn't change that its a tired concept people have grown sick of.
2) There is nothing stopping people who have played the originals to come back.  And I should note that, at time of posting, those who wish for their removal outnumbers those who don't by a 4:1 margin.  I can see one of two conclusions.  One possibility is that there is a general hatred, or at least anger, towards Scythers is developing on this forum.  The other is that there are several people from the old threads had come in wishing to join, but turned away when they saw that the game has Scythers within it.
III) Considering how this has already fallen into an argument in two pages for the same reasons as usual, I can see why it could have fallen out of favor, as people don't want this to keep being rehashed, but it always being inevitable.)
((1. I do not usually post on this board and so the game stuff is quite rare. There are many forum games without scythers. The only possible way that what your saying could happen is that people are so "mad" that they are creating sock puppet accounts to sabatoge the game. which is very silly and definately is not happening.

2. From what I see, only 3-4 people from the originals are actually posting. Also, where is your proof that people are being "turned off" from a game just because fucking scythers are in it!?! That's like people being turned off from a good video game "just" because it has a damsel in distress while they themselves have played the previous games before with the damsels and didn't care that a damsel was in it!

3. This is not an argument, or at least one that lasts 2 pages. You are the only one "arguing" here. I think of it more as a "debate"))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2015, 03:09:20 pm »

In the shade of the night, you can hear the angry howl of Zumbooku, a giant sized gorilla who smites those who cross his path.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »

((voteing is over. poketwo must now retecon his post. failure to do so within a reasonable time frame or refusal to do so will result in a report to the toadyone))

zumbooku lives on the first planet of the universe. but thankfully, it stays away from the vilages. for it knows the wrath of the gods would destroy it if it dared to attack a populated area
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:23:39 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

((Excuse me, but you can simply just ignore the post. As I only did one, ya know?))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 03:24:45 pm »

((I don't want the thread cluttered with post that don't apply, its not to hard to edit it out))

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 03:26:01 pm »

((I don't want the thread cluttered with post that don't apply, its not to hard to edit it out))

(( Its just one post, its not going to clutter anything.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 03:32:37 pm »

Quote from: the rules
rule two-when reteconing is suggested, if the number of posters in favor are greater than the number that are against it. the idea is reteconed and edited out.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »

rule two-when reteconing is suggested, if the number of posters in favor are greater than the number that are against it. the idea is reteconed and edited out.
((I can just easily just put a THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO GAME ANYMORE warning.

Also, scythers are not retconed right now. sythers are))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:39:00 pm by poketwo »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 03:38:12 pm »

((I can just easily just put a THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO GAME ANYMORE warning.))
((you can replace the post with that after you edit it to nothing))

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »

((Its easier to just leave it there with a warning))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2015, 03:43:21 pm »

((edit it out or you will be reported to the moderator for failing to follow the rules set out in the thread. this is your last warning))

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »

((edit it out or you will be reported to the moderator for failing to follow the rules set out in the thread. this is your last warning))
((Wow, it seems that you really want this deleted. I hope future retcons are enforced quite like this))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2015, 03:54:58 pm »

((Wow, it seems that you really want this deleted. I hope future retcons are enforced quite like this))
((they will be, if the vote wins for reteconing it WILL be enforced.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »

((now that the argue spam is over, lets get back to the setting, anyone have any suggestion.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »

At dawn, the sambosians fly up into the sky to feast on the dead. This scavenging bird can become quite dangerous to unsuspecting victims, if there is not enough bodies around, as they can grow to big sizes and have very powerful talons. Some people have decided to sacrifice animals to them to lower the risk of getting attack.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4