Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poketwo has sent in sythers agian. Retecon or not?

Vote-retecon
- 9 (75%)
Vote-do not retecon
- 3 (25%)
Abstaining
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: create a setting!  (Read 3941 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: create a setting!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 06:15:09 pm »

(Oh right. I'll edit it so she was born during the conflict.)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 06:42:35 pm »

((There is already lots of planets))
the power of nothing and creation being infinite gods are born frequently and as a result there are many worlds and races. some obscure and others well known
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 10:51:26 pm »

the humans attack the only other sapient being on there world
What about the animals?

Nivahzen hated the peace-loving Calteria, and went into the palace to plot against her.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 11:21:45 pm »

the power of nothing and creation being infinite gods are born frequently and as a result there are many worlds and races. some obscure and others well known
Um. So?

(I believe Blaze wants to keep things a bit more focused and keep it to existing planets.  Granted, I believe saying there are already 'many planets and races' kinda detracts from a natural evolution of creation by the players.

Anyway, my contribution.)

What can be little more than described as a power manifests in a form as if acting backwards through time, yet not.  It acts to imbue upon the planets of Man, the Anglos, and upon a third planet orbiting between the two.  These structures are shaped in the form of a singular, always pristine circular chamber underground with the center of it being a floating, radiant blue crystal with an always unblemished tunnel leading to the surface, which could potentially be observed to shift to always keep access to the chamber.  Lining the tunnel are immovable red crystals that provide a light both fearful and unknown, yet extremely inviting and familiar.  Upon the walls of these structures there is writing which speaks of the other two in a language that is both incomprehensible those who read it yet those who read it seem to instinctively know exactly what it says.  It also states that the race that controls all three shall be granted a great, powerful gift that will lead their race to never being the same.  Those who ever tried to harm these structures would find the same power that created them acting to destroy that which harmed the structure, with the damage caused repairing itself.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:23:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 11:33:32 pm »

In an unknowable place, a true god of conflict sees what is happening. Another world inhabited by lesser fools that thought to name themselves Deities. Bah! But, the true beings behind this creation are quite obvious. A certain kind of beings that wherever they trend, delightful chaos is caused and wonderful blood is spilled. It also seems that it mirrored a certain "game" that had been active before, but has since "died". So it sends out a race of incetiod beings that it has put itself as their "master". One of the most pitiful peons that only serve as a little distraction as to ensure that it shall never be bored of its main entertainment. As it already secured them countless eons ago, on a world totally under it's control. Then after the tiny second is passed, it goes and pry's its eyes back upon the newest iteration of that world.

Meanwhile, in an isolated arable place, a new group of Scythers enter into existence, already knowing the basics that they must do to create a civilization.

((WARNING: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO GAME. PLEASE ADVOID REFERENCING THIS IN ANY FUTURE POSTS))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:49:44 pm by poketwo »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 11:55:38 pm »

((Please for the love of armok not scythes agian!
retecon vote- removal of sythers ))

((Voting takes place in a poll))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 03:24:55 am »

Couldn't we just ignore all scythes related actions by him?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 11:12:46 am »

Couldn't we just ignore all scythes related actions by him?

((I don't want the clutter))

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

((Hmmm...... Why do you dislike scythers? What makes you so angry that once even mensioned, get angry and immediately try to "retcon" the guys unfairly?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 02:02:46 pm »

((Hmmm...... Why do you dislike scythers? What makes you so angry that once even mensioned, get angry and immediately try to "retcon" the guys unfairly?))

(You use them in this type of game to the point that I don't believe one has passed without you putting Scythers into them.  Even if there is one or two that wound up not hiving Scythers, people are just plain sick of it and don't want them to show up anymore.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 02:07:55 pm »

(I think it's just not a very original idea.)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »

(You use them in this type of game to the point that I don't believe one has passed without you putting Scythers into them.  Even if there is one or two that wound up not hiving Scythers, people are just plain sick of it and don't want them to show up anymore.)

(One, there are indeed 2 sections of the game that I did not put scythers in. 2, most of the people here have never played the originals before. and 3, it has been quite a while since the last time this type of game appeared.))

((My scythers are quite different from the others, as you would see if you look at the original games))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 02:45:43 pm »

(One, there are indeed 2 sections of the game that I did not put scythers in. 2, most of the people here have never played the originals before. and 3, it has been quite a while since the last time this type of game appeared.))

(A) As I stated, even if there have been a couple games without them, it doesn't change that its a tired concept people have grown sick of.
2) There is nothing stopping people who have played the originals to come back.  And I should note that, at time of posting, those who wish for their removal outnumbers those who don't by a 4:1 margin.  I can see one of two conclusions.  One possibility is that there is a general hatred, or at least anger, towards Scythers is developing on this forum.  The other is that there are several people from the old threads had come in wishing to join, but turned away when they saw that the game has Scythers within it.
III) Considering how this has already fallen into an argument in two pages for the same reasons as usual, I can see why it could have fallen out of favor, as people don't want this to keep being rehashed, but it always being inevitable.)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 02:48:15 pm »

((My scythers are quite different from the others, as you would see if you look at the original games))
((zanzetkuken and demon are right on the money. its just getting old at this point. by the way, im closing the poll soon. if you want to vote I recommend doing it now))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 02:57:56 pm »

Um. So?

((kept forgetting to comment on this. I brought it up because it felt unclear. no planet was specified so it made me wonder if you thought there was only one. its nothing, you can make as many gods and goddess and worlds as you want. the many worlds and gods thing is just to create something that could be elaborated on))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4