Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Under Alien Stars OOC  (Read 2051 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Under Alien Stars OOC
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:20:52 am »

Figured we could use an OOC thread to stop cluttering up the IC thread.  It'll also help me formulate/discuss rules a bit easier.
IC Thread0

NPC's Aboard:
Mac-Disgruntled self repairing automaton, provides basic labor support and claims to handle maintenance though he is lacking most of what he needs to conduct actual repairs.

He-Who-Touches-Clouds: An insectiod alien that has control over multicolored crystalline structures which fluctuate in their magnetic power based on the frequency at which he sings.  Relatively intelligent but very unused to modern technology.  He can fly from his own power in many environments, including space by changing the way parts of his crystal cloud interact with one another and the space around them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:06:43 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Under Alien Stars OOC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:24:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Camilla Rinaldo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Complete Char Sheet! (click to show/hide)
(Is this good?)
Edit: Edited in the last skill!

Spoiler: Culla the Calcinite (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:46:30 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:25:19 am »

The Vessel-(Free Trader?)

Rooms of note-Command bridge-Three consoles in a cramped and ancient environment, the faux leather seats are cracked and smell of ancient sweat.

Mess hall-A tiny room containing a food dispenser that only makes various colored nutrient slimes, some cupboards with various dried preserves, a stove that barely gets above 'moderately warm' and a sink with water tap.  Has cubicles along one wall to allow for semi-privacy when dining, and one table with barely enough seats for the six person crew.

Engine room-Dangerously cramped, coated in ancient oils and dust.  It seems to stay together simply because the accumulated grime is too sticky to let it fall apart.  Also contains the metal locker in which Mac sleeps, and where he pretends to work most of the day.

Life support room-Open vats of bubbling waste water, a cylindrical glass tube with a tiny whirlwind inside that purifies your air and the tank that takes biological matter and turns it back into the nutrient slime that the food dispenser produces.  The tank that makes your food also makes the oils and coolants for the engines... don't ask how you don't want to know.

Crew quarters-Effectively a stack of faux wood coffins, it's the sleeping room for anyone who hasn't built on their own sleeping quarters to the ship.  It's cramped, stinks, and not made in the shape and style for any sort of life form you have previously encountered making it universally terrible for everyone.

Locked Quarters-The sleeping room of Keregan, more or less a reverse jail cell to prevent anyone getting in when the occupant wants her alone time.

Camilla's personal place on the ship is fitted to her specs-variable gravity with adjustable settings, dry, cool climate-completely closed off from the ship by a heavy bulkhead (Lunars value privacy and don't like to share air), portions of the storage can even be sealed airtight. It's a dome shaped room, where she access nearly all her equipment and consoles at 360 degrees. Given that Lunars find gravity awkward, or even painful, it's the only place she sleep or rest in comfort. The walls of the dome are designed to be able to be brightened or dimmed by voice activation, or even to mimic the stars in a dark black sky. It's ideal for storing creatures or elements that do not respond well to standard gravity or pressure. In an emergency sense, her Dome room would be quite safe for a time, if something horrible happened to the ship.
     -Unfortunately, it is partially exposed through the side of the ship and thus in danger of direct weapons fire should any combat happen.  This in turn though allows it to escape relatively unharmed should the engine go critical.

Technicians room-Contains a few dummies to dress armor in when repairing it, and all the tools needed for proper maintenance of armor systems.  The tools double as usable when repairing or constructing other objects as well though less so than more specific tools.

Armory-Hector's personal retreat and the ship's security locker.  Contains an assortment of weapons and armor systems though it pales in comparison to those found on better and newer ships.  Still relies on man-power to locate and equip any of the gear and as such won't function for the changing of cybernetic body parts.

Autopsy Locker. A small, cramped room made to perform autopsies. Drawings and notes cover most of the walls, with a cooler just large enough to fit a large dog in one end. There is, of course, a table taking up most of the middle and appropriate tools nearby. This room obviously isn't designed for whole larger creatures, appearing to be designed for focusing on a single body part he manages to bring back.

Waterdome - a biodome that contains an aquatic enviroment. Ideal for Culla, and capable of storing any primarily aquatic species that they encounter, dead or alive. Also doubles as a water supply, recycler and processor.

Cargo Supply-Currently retrofitted to contain 1 giant creature, provided that creature doesn't put up too much resistance.  In previous times it was used to store additional fuel and food for the crews.

Solar Array-Large black sails to allow the ship nearly indefinite operation time when within a single solar system, folds away into a heavily armored component when not in use.  The automatic deployment system is heavily damaged however and needs to be manually closed and opened.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:02:37 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 09:36:58 am »

Spoiler: Anita Jameson (click to show/hide)

Just putting this here for convenience. Also, linking the OOC thread in the OP of the IC, and vice-versa, is probably a good idea.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 09:39:25 am »

Yep.

Also, any idea what our ship should be named?

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:33:33 am »

"The Boon and Crocket"?(hunting term)
"The Legal Endevour" (to throw off our enemies :p)
"The Metatarsal" (metatarsal gland= Smelly deer gland )
Whatever it is, it is only natural that it is written on the side of our ship in sharpe with a bunch of other names crossed out.

Also: gah, this game is moving fast when I can't do anything :'(. And the gm keeps stealing all the cool text colors :<. I call....purple?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:43:10 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

Saving this for later.

I picked Orangered for my out-loud voice. Here's some more colors, though the numbered ones don't work.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 02:09:29 pm »

Oh that's helpful, and as for colored text I'll swap out any npc's colors for player colors that you want.
Nom nom nom

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 02:31:24 pm »

And if you really want a numbered one, you can use the hex format, such as #15317E for royalblue4: Like so.

I don't intend to intimidate the insectoid visitor, but if it happens I accept responsibility.

It occurs to me that I haven't come up with a name for the species that Hector belongs to. It's not the same as the one with which we have made contact; the flying members of Hector's species do so through telekinesis (Hector can't do it, though), and all are the size of humans.

Any ideas? It occurs to me that I'll have to explain my mandibles to the... new species.
The Cyan Menace

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 03:41:45 pm »

Spoiler: Resun 'Blockade' (click to show/hide)
Putting my character sheet here aswell.

Hey Twin, we have a bit of color overlap. If you want I can switch to lime-green?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:43:25 pm by Shaporia »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 06:39:15 pm »

You already have the character sheets in the IC thread, you could probably move them over here without much difficulty. Twin needs to be added to it, too.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »

I suppose I should PTW this. I wouldn't mind a rough map of the ship.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 03:44:34 pm »

Oh, we have two of those now don't we... What was the moon one's name again? I think it was Mary or something..."

I can't believe Stirk slurred my character like this! If that's what he was trying to do. :P Tho I suppose he has a point. I maintain she doesn't have much a personality yet, beside being an unwilling prisoner to this criminal enterprise. I am working on it, it's being developed, etc, etc....
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »

No clue what you are talking about *innocent whistle*. I thought it was subtle...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 06:24:31 pm »

Who's response is who waiting on?
The Cyan Menace

Pages: [1] 2