Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to create(god game)-now has waitlist  (Read 13385 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create(god game)-now has waitlist
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2015, 09:28:33 am »

Orden creates a few small fish in the river system that eat the algae.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 09:29:40 am »

The Shifter glanced at Borrthul's caverns, entirely unconcerned. The metal would still remain, though in the bodies of the creatures feeding off it. It may even allow them to survive the inevitable collapse of the caverns. However, He would allow their creator to tend to his own creations, as the Shifter must tend to His.

The Shifter adds a touch of imperfection to His initial creation, enabling the mechanical bacteria to change as they reproduce - to mutate, to evolve. He then nudges them in the direction of greater complexity, causing some of them to form simple, multi-cellular bodies.

"Imperfection is necessary for now. Perfection comes in time. A random element is required," mused the Shifter, as He observed His handiwork, "Perhaps it would be best to let it develop on its' own..."

(tl;dr allow my mechanical creations to evolve, which causes them to start developing multi-cellular life)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2015, 09:32:40 am »

That was not what I expected, well let's try again.

Create 3 multi cellular Earth creatures in different rooms of my palace, that should be the most basic form of life.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2015, 11:24:17 am »

Make fish and crabs in the ocean at 27.12
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2015, 11:34:24 am »

Something to control the fungus... Strengthen the cavern... Borrthul thought.

To reduce the impact, Borrthul creates the Ironbeetle species of insects, which will eat the fungus, using some metal to reinforce their exoskeletons, while excreting the remainder as a hardening slime behind them.

As a failsafe, they will be aggressive and territorial to one another when not breeding; this will balance the fungus' high rate of growth, prevent the species from overgrazing, and ultimately result in the fungus growing in clusters and tendrils tended by the fittest of the Ironbeetles as the fungus colonizes the metal slime.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2015, 01:53:48 pm »

((Why does 'water drake' not have (tier 1 life), or (tier 2 life)?
because there is only one
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

Ok, I now have a policy for when people don't post their actions:
2 days after the last action post I will pm the people who hasn't posted or post a message for them if there are 3 or more
Then, 2 days after that I will have them do an action that furthers their goal

I'm also putting this in the OP

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 11:36:46 am »

Who are we waiting on?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

AkumaKasai, pmed them yesterday

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2015, 10:34:32 am »

TURN 5:

Orden creates a few small fish in the river system that eat the algae.
(2) (4) That river has too much algae, so you create some fish to start eating it, they're not eating it quickly, but they will clear the water

The Shifter glanced at Borrthul's caverns, entirely unconcerned. The metal would still remain, though in the bodies of the creatures feeding off it. It may even allow them to survive the inevitable collapse of the caverns. However, He would allow their creator to tend to his own creations, as the Shifter must tend to His.

The Shifter adds a touch of imperfection to His initial creation, enabling the mechanical bacteria to change as they reproduce - to mutate, to evolve. He then nudges them in the direction of greater complexity, causing some of them to form simple, multi-cellular bodies.

"Imperfection is necessary for now. Perfection comes in time. A random element is required," mused the Shifter, as He observed His handiwork, "Perhaps it would be best to let it develop on its' own..."

(tl;dr allow my mechanical creations to evolve, which causes them to start developing multi-cellular life)
(4) These creatures had potential, however you couldn't devote all of your time to helping them with it, so you give them the ability to change by themselves

That was not what I expected, well let's try again.

Create 3 multi cellular Earth creatures in different rooms of my palace, that should be the most basic form of life.
(6) Having something to work off of would make creating your subjects easier, so you create some simpler life. You end up with a bunch of lizards that run away from you and hide

Make fish and crabs in the ocean at 27.12
(1) (3) Plants are nice, but they cant do much, so you decide to create some animal life, only managing to create some microbes however

(I knew admitting to my luck running out would work! xD)
More drakes! Next turn will be more advanced drakes!
(3) (5) That one drake look really lonely, so you create more. When it sees the other, it roars with happiness and flies over to them

Something to control the fungus... Strengthen the cavern... Borrthul thought.

To reduce the impact, Borrthul creates the Ironbeetle species of insects, which will eat the fungus, using some metal to reinforce their exoskeletons, while excreting the remainder as a hardening slime behind them.

As a failsafe, they will be aggressive and territorial to one another when not breeding; this will balance the fungus' high rate of growth, prevent the species from overgrazing, and ultimately result in the fungus growing in clusters and tendrils tended by the fittest of the Ironbeetles as the fungus colonizes the metal slime.
(3) The fungus need to be kept in check, but the creature you create to do it don't cooperate well so it will take a while to keep the fungus in check

Auros: spread the water further (1) (3) It starts raining in the areas that have water

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: other stuff (click to show/hide)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2015, 10:41:00 am »

Begin making anything necessary to have a stable water cycle. Repeat until I succeed.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2015, 12:12:45 pm »

Try again to make sea life.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 03:52:53 pm »

((I created the creatures out of earth so shouldn't I get a bonus die?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »

You did, but you were trying to create multicellular life

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »

Upon consideration, the Shifter realized that the initial creatures in His territory did not have a food source. He sought to rectify this.

The Shifter creates "plants." These plants are actually specialized nanomachine colonies, that draw metal out of the ground and form strange, tree-like structures aboveground. Other metal-seeking organisms can feed from these plants, which also spreads their "seeds" (which are just clusters of nanomachines).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8