Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Growths (ISG)  (Read 37772 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Growths (ISG)
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2017, 08:13:00 am »

Time to see what effect a rifle might have on a lightning rhino!

I say this trip we bring back all the organic stuff for mother, so we have an easier haul on future trips.

When we get back, observe the alien. If his condition is deteriorating, I propose experiment time, as he is likely a goner anyway. Remove him from pure air until he is too weak to resist, and try feeding him alive to mother. We might find a means of 'surviving' should our suit take too much damage or we fail to find a safe source of food. Follow up with a nice decent blood offering of our own to counteract any influence he might gain over the plants.

+1 to the first two, -1 to the last; faking sick is a classic prisoner trick and it would be too hard to tell if he was actually getting worse or just trying to catch us off guard, and we may need a hostage for negotiations when his clan gets here.

Take cover from the lightings behind the rock
because if you try behind the metal stuff would be pretty stupid.

Let's try later to CRAFT some backpacks for the plantmins or else. The wings are pretty strong aren't they? We should try to increase their carrying capacity.

Oh by the way. for the future too. Next crab we put our hands will be planted. Maybe we will get a new tree.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2017, 10:20:42 am »

If its not completely destroyed, we should show that alien that marking we found on that beacon thing we found earlier, and ask if he/she knows anything about it.
AT least when we get back that is.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2017, 10:23:02 am »

We should just small talk the Alien first. Establish Trust, Yaknow? Ask it what its name is, introduce ourselves, etc.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2017, 07:07:47 am »

Turn 40

You and Bulb open fire once you've gotten behind some rocks. The Rhinos don't last long under sustained laser rifle fire but they still manage to discharge lightning at the party. You're insulated suit protects you from the brunt of the attack but you feel the pain and smell your burned flesh inside the suit. Bulb isn't as insulated as you are and is in a lot Bulb also didn't manage to hit a Rhino during the fight.'t manage to hit a Rhino during the fight.

You decide to take back as much organic material as you can. Due to his injuries Bulb's ability to carry is a bit impaired but overall you can bring back one of the Rhinos and the suited alien.

When you return to camp you find that Rabbit and Mask have acquired some wooden apparel. Rabbit is also wearing the alien's respirator as a hat.

You show the Alien one of the transmitter parts with a logo on it and ask him if he recognizes it. The Alien coughs that they don't know what it is. You try and be as nice as possible to earn some trust but it doesn't look like he'll last much longer without serious medical attention. Given the Alien's speech patterns and murmuring you think that the Alien might be suffering from brain damage due to exposure to the atmosphere.

You think you could make some backpacks out of the life support packs the aliens wear. Since the aliens breathe the same air as you it's likely you could upgrade your own air tanks. You could also make some backpacks out of plant fibers and wings which wouldn't be able to hold as much but wouldn't be as heavy.

You offer the bodies to Mother as per usual. While Mother accepts the Rhino it doesn't seem interested in the Alien corpse.

Mother:
Biomass: 11/16
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 5/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: Damaged
Injuries: Burns
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
8ood:
35x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Laser Rifle (6 shots left)
3x Laser Rifle Batteries (20 shots each)
1x Laser Pistol (8 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
10x Wood
5x Stone
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ
2x Scrap Metal

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2017, 08:01:12 am »

Try to help the alien however we can, we need more friends!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2017, 01:35:50 pm »

Just shoot the alien, He's a drain on our resources.
Edit: Actually, Turn off the air in the tent so he dies from brain damage.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:27:06 pm by Puppyguard »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2017, 01:36:31 pm »

NO.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2017, 02:09:08 pm »

If the alien is going nuts he won't try later to shoot us, he will be another slave friend to help us around
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »

I say drown him, or have the Plantmen melee him. No point wasting ammo on a mercy kill. Otherwise +1. He is dead anyway without medical help above our skil level.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:34 pm »

+1

Having someone as both a hostage and a possible companion might be useful.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2017, 05:28:14 pm »

I say drown him, or have the Plantmen melee him. No point wasting ammo on a mercy kill. Otherwise +1. He is dead anyway without medical help above our skil level.
+1

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2017, 07:34:21 pm »

+1

Having someone as both a hostage and a possible companion might be useful.

+1. We need to invest in his health in the first place, if we want to make exploration easier, or faster, or have even one more gunman. The extra hands will help us get off the planet and may give us an ally even after that.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2017, 04:26:40 am »

Turn 41

You still hold out hope that the Alien will make a recovery. You do your best to clean his wounds but lack the equipment or training to do more.

You take the crab corpse by the fire and decide to try and plant it. Perhaps these crabs act as seeds for the trees they grow on. Mask and Stripes follow you, eager to smash more crabs.

You plant the crab corpse. While Mask and Stripes chase crabs you cover the crab in dirt.

Okay so I'm going to move to a health system for everyone but Mandy. Plantmin will have 20 health.

Primitive Clubs will do 2 damage. Laser Pistol: 4 and Laser rifle: 5.

Also going to reveal that injured plantmin need biomass to heal. one biomass for 2 health healed. Currently Bulb has 12 health and Rabbit has 16. Still thinking about whether or not i'll put health in the images or in a list. If people have a preferences I'll do that.

Mother:
Biomass: 11/16
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 5/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: Damaged
Injuries: Burns
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
8ood:
35x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Laser Rifle (6 shots left)
3x Laser Rifle Batteries (20 shots each)
1x Laser Pistol (8 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
10x Wood
5x Stone
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ
2x Scrap Metal

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »

Take your HE-Grenade and Laser-rifle and go hunt the large predator we encountered sometime ago, it must have loads of biomass.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:55:16 pm by Puppyguard »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »

Take your HE-Grenade and Laser-rifle and go hunt that large predator, it must have loads of biomass.
Uuuuuh, what large predator?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24