Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Growths (ISG)  (Read 37741 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Growths (ISG)
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2016, 12:30:53 pm »

I want to through my hat into grab and go. There is no rewards without a risk.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2016, 11:57:00 pm »

Turn 32

After a quick internal argument about traps and such you have Rabbit help you carry the heavy transmitter and tell Bulb to carry back one of those rocks then make a break for it. If this thing is here then you might not be alone on this island.

Rabbit had to ditch his club so you could carry everything but you're planning on coming back anyway.

When you return to the camp you are greeted by some new faces and a sunset. It seems like in the hours you were gone the new guys decided to not just sit around and wait. It seems like they did some arts and crafts using stuff around the camp site. They also killed some crabs and donated one of them to Mother, the others are sitting by the fire and look like they have been chewed on.

Mother:
Biomass: 1/10
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 5/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: None
Injuries: None
Hunger: Hungry
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Laser Pistol (10 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife
5x Primitive Clubs

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
5x Wood
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30:18 am »

Eat food and greet the newcomers.
Also I feel it is time to experiment with the weird body parts. For now ask about these creatures. Also ask about how mother plant produces them plant guys.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2016, 01:12:02 am »

Weeeee should probably start looking into alternative food sources. The bars are waterproof, rot proof, and probably a whole bunch of other proofs. We should be saving them for emergancys
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2016, 01:57:24 am »

Weeeee should probably start looking into alternative food sources. The bars are waterproof, rot proof, and probably a whole bunch of other proofs. We should be saving them for emergancys

Very small samples, I'd say. If we eat something and get real sick, we could be in trouble. We could burn through our good food quicker if we are laid up and unable to be productive.

Anyway for tomorrow:

I don't feel safe keeping that beacon around camp. If any of the plant dudes has enough of our skillset to disassemble the damn thing. If not, we can stay up a bit and tackle the project tomorrow night. I'm sure it has some parts we can use for something interesting.

Head back to the acid pond. Bring two Plantmen with us. Leave one to guard mother, feed it any crabs that wander by, and if possible dissassemble the heavy transmitter. Send out the remaining two to explore as they see fit, and report back to us in the evening.

Clear out any rhino resistance at the pond. Make sure bulb and his knife is in our group for the fight. If Bulb is the only one who can disassemble the transmitter, have him give the knife to somebody else.

See if we have the means to make a makeshift bridge to the middle island. If not, I'm willing to bet our suit can handle the swim if need be. See if the mother like plant there will take a blood offering.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2016, 04:05:49 am »

[/b]-1 to letting the bulbs dismantle the thing. +1 to everything else[/b]
Electronics is a special kind of delicate object that you probably should do yourself.
We do not want it destroyed, what we should do is try to figure out where the signal come from, if the one who built this is a friend or foe.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:49 am »

Turn 33

You've got some time before you need to sleep. Firstly you eat and drink, you offset having to eat your finite ration bars by eating some of the crab that the new guys found. You don't manage to eat much of it but you do manage to save a bar (-2 ration bars). When you are done with it Bulb eats the rest of the crab. You've never seen any of the plantmin eat before, it's a bit surprising. You introduce yourself to the new plantmin as you eat, they jabber with their plant gibberish, they don't know any of your words yet so communication is difficult.

Once you've eaten you do some preliminary work on the antenna from the peak. Firstly you remove the actual transmission equipment just in case and search the inside for clues. You find some markings on the inside which identify the thing as a short range T.P.S transmitter, whatever that is. It also has a 5 year warranty and should be kept away from children. The logo from the case is printed on all the parts. You might be able to power it up and see what it was transmitting but you'd have to hook it up to a new power source. It looks like it used to be powered wirelessly like all of the survival equipment so you might be able to hook it up to your own wireless energy network.

While you were working on that Mask took the new guys out to gather some materials. It seems like Mask has seniority over them.

You hear a loud noise overhead.

You see two objects entering the atmosphere and coming towards the island. They look a lot like ships and that does not at all look like a controlled reentry.

You see the smaller ship crash up the beach with an incredible thump. You can hear and feel the impact of the larger ship but don't know where it went down. The plantmin are panicking a lot.

Mother:

Air: 5/5 Hours Remaining
Hunger: Full
Thirst: Not

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Survival Knife
5x Primitive Clubs

Survival:
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
10x Wood
5x Stone
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:13:45 am by Evil Lincoln »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2016, 09:33:03 am »

Arm yourself and the plantmins, then go investigate eastwards.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »

I'd send out our stealthiest Plantmin to do a lap around the island heading west to see if the other ship can be spotted, but otherwise, +1

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2016, 01:05:42 pm »

Bring all medical /makeeshift medical stuff we have. Hopefully someone survived. And hopefully they're a woman. Because all of these plant guys seem male
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2016, 03:36:52 pm »

Bring all medical /makeeshift medical stuff we have. Hopefully someone survived. And hopefully they're a woman. Because all of these plant guys seem male
I don't even think they have genders though. Just an observational comment.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2016, 04:46:54 pm »

+1, though make a few torches first and bring them with us. How good is the plantmins' night-vision?
I'm slightly worried about leaving the camp unattended, but there's nothing for it.

TopHat get out of my head.
Consider it done.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »

Let's head east, but allow me to offer an alternative. Let us do so via the water, walking along the bottom. After all, our suit is airtight, and I feel we might make some discoveries about the local aquatic fauna and flora if we do so. Who knows; we might find some great food. Or we might be shark'd.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2016, 05:52:34 pm »

+1, though make a few torches first and bring them with us. How good is the plantmins' night-vision?
I'm slightly worried about leaving the camp unattended, but there's nothing for it.

+1 to this stuff
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2016, 07:05:16 am »

Turn 34

You rally the Plantmin and get ready to rescue/investigate the crash down the beach. As a former navy quartermaster you of all people know that you have to aid any spacefarer in need. You quickly prep some crude torches and get everyone armed, spacefarers can be jerks sometimes. You only wish you had some medical equipment with you, instead you make sure to bring your grenade, just in case.

You arrive at the crash site with your entourage. From the darkness around the ship you can spot some aliens moving around. You recognize the emblem on the ship as that of the Grabbers. You are pretty sure they are a pirate gang, or maybe political dissidents, or some military? Well your flotilla shot at them when you were in the navy at least. The ship looks reasonably intact, but the area is being flooded with fiery machine noises coming from the inside.

The Plantmin don't seem to be able to see in the dark any better then you, but you can tell the only reason they havn't gone to sleep is because of the excitement.

You have an hour's worth of air before you have to head back.

Mother:

Air: 2.8/5 Hours Remaining
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Survival Knife
5x Primitive Clubs

Survival:
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
10x Wood
5x Stone
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles