Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Baron's Battle- OOC Thread  (Read 2173 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Baron's Battle- OOC Thread
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:25:13 am »

Ages long long ago, the two noble families of the great Empire of Ostlunde were at each others throats, for some reason or a another, many historical sources site a treaty on the border of their Baronies being ill wrote, others site a plague which one of the families blames the other for fostering. Or Perhaps it was a simple insult or other injury, who knows all that matters is that two barons, of no great importance, were not at each others throat, and their dynasties followed suit for many years to follow, ultimately making little impact on the course of history, which is why historians managed to even forget to write down their names, despite the glorious chaos and battles that in sued.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now on to the lands between their rival citadels, most maps show it as a simple plain with a river, but that cant be accurate at all, the description of their struggles was great, with hills, forests, and other terrain, historians with no attention to detail...

The rules are fairly laissez faire, with hidden roles for things like combat, with modifiers for different things, such as who you recruited to your army, training terrain and the like. Building in general, improving your holdings, will generally be a non issue, unless factors pop up such as lack of supplies, etc. Feel free to tax, raise your troops from levies, or specific parts of the populace, but all these actions will end up having varying consequences, of varying severity. Also expect random events to happen on the map.

Below is the starting map, I will get different sides threads up tomorrow if interest is shown.

Ladron Thread- http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152547.0
Hao Kin Yuu Do'Dis Thread- http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152546.0

Current Map

Current Rules:
Each Turn is a season. Spring Summer Fall Winter.

Each side can try as many actions as they want each season, some actions will take multiple turns such as buildings castles.

Soldiers must be recruited and trained. How you recruit your troops will affect the economy and some other things about the troops, for example raising an army of farmers during harvesting season would limit the amount of food harvested in the fall. Hiring Hunters would net you men who come with their own bows, but less hunting will increase the number of animals on your land after some time.

You will build up a stock pile of goods if you do not use those gathered during the season. Your cities have basic industry, but may need expansion for larger orders.

Training, equipment, discipline, experience, and other factors will influence battles.
Skirmishes will be simulated as will the campaigns before large battles. > FOr example the raid done by Ladron
Large battles will be held in the OOC thread, commands given in each sides own thread provided they have a commander > This has yet to happen.

Some things will have rolls, while more simple tasks will just happen automatically.

The final word of each house is the Lord of the House, however if he dies a random person who is ACTIVE in conversation will be chosen as the new leader, while the last is allowed to continue to be an adviser.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:26:44 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Baron's Battle- OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:39:28 am »

Name: Hao Kin Yuu Do'Dis Dynasty, or Hao for short.
Color: White.
Coat of Arms: Two swords, parallel, with an arrow between the two, forming an H.
Dynastic Quirks: The men of Hao are known for their skill in agrarian matters and manage farms masterfully. They are, additionally, renowned for their great tactical and leadership skills. However, they are poor diplomats and do not get along with outsiders well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:04:13 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:55 am »

Looks good, your Dynasty is in as the first of the two, earning you the right to pick which side you want, which doesn't really provide much advantage as of yet.
Also, note that your dynasty quirks apply to your household, not necessarily your peasants. So your family is good at managing farms, which increase productivity, and are also great soldiers and leaders of men, but the men of your land, will be on par, with their counter parts across the river, barring training equipment and the like, but when led by your generals, will be more likely to use superior tactics. Also you may pick up to two colors, if you like.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 02:01:33 am »

HMMM

I shall try to select a new trait

and I think the left side looks better
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:04:55 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:10 am »

Name: Andalausid
Colors: Saffron and Pink
Coat of Arms: A pink chrysanthemum on a field of saffron.
Dynastic quirks: The Andalausid household is famed throughout the realm for their incredible mercantile skill. Indeed, their very coat of arms depicts two of the great discoveries of the house. The Andalausids are also great patrons of the arts and retain several diplomatic ties with foreign entities. However, due to the patronage, they spend a great deal of their revenue on these dalliances. They have also made numerous enemies with the city merchants for certain....dealings made in the past.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:16:12 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 02:18:39 am »

Micelus are you not playing? Or Editing your Dynasty? What you have looks fine to me.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:23:36 am »

Changed my mind; don't have time for this.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 02:25:08 am »

Alright, thats too bad, you can still participate in either side a little if you like once its up and running.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:40:39 am »

PTW and be an advisor.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 11:54:58 am »

Alright, need one more Dynasty and we will get this rolling.

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 12:22:11 pm »

Name: Diaz Ladron
Colors: Red and Yellow
Coat of Arms: A lion below a hawk that is holding a dagger
Dynastic quirks: Pragmatism is everything for the Diaz Ladron, so they train both their sons and daughters in the arts of war and in the sciences of administration and finances. However this pragmatism has promoted backstabbing. You can recognize a Diaz Ladron because he would sell his mother if it would mean advancing through the ranks of the dinasty. After selling her, he will probably steal her back to sell her again at a later point, though. This treachery wouldn't be so bad... If it wasn't because most of it happens between members of the Dinasty.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 03:11:14 pm »

Okay, threads are on the way.

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:13 pm »

Ladron, not Landron  :P

Also, anyone who wants to join this house of backstabbing bastards is welcome :P

EDIT: Do we have to start telling you what we want to add now, or do you prefer that we wait until more people join the Dynasties?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:42:15 pm by Everchosen »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 03:49:32 pm »

you can start now if you like.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:40:18 pm by Elfeater »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 06:03:43 pm »

I would probably join in on this if I wasn't so confused. I must not be reading something correctly...
Pages: [1] 2