Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Fleshmancy: Precursor (ISG)  (Read 7668 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Fleshmancy: Precursor (ISG)
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:33:21 pm »

This is (a very poorly done and then even more poorly cropped picture of) Nynzalor. Nynzalor is a small village of cave people who live deep in the earth. They live in a strange and freakish underground world. More importantly, they practice fleshmancy, the secret art of reshaping living creatures. You are one of those fleshmancers. What do you look like?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:52:40 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy: Precursor (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 07:36:19 pm »

We look like a Shoggoth. A formless blob of flesh, tooth, bone, and eyes. We are quite large and tend to form additional body structures as needed.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:48:49 pm »

(Sorry, I should've have been more clear. You are at least mostly human.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »

Define human. Cause it's a pretty subjective term.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:05 pm »

Of human descent. You may look any way that a person could reasonably believe you were a human or an alien classify you as human.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:20 pm »

So we could easily be a formless blob of flesh that descended from humanity.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »

No Kevak, no one would reasonably believe a formless blob was human, even if it was human descent. You're smart enough to know what sort of answer is reasonable, please don't troll.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 08:09:35 pm »

Actually. Formless with logical alterations as needed is the most efficient form, same reason that mitosis is the most efficient form of reproduction, there's a reason bacteria tend to be able to change their shapes as needed and a reason they don't have sex. The only reason humanity has the form it is currently has is because it's going through a series of evolutionary stepping stones. It evolved to get on land, and it evolved to gain its current position as the Apex. Now it's slowly becoming more efficient. Odds are is in a hundred thousand years or so, humanity will be primarily betentacled blobs in space. Cause a lack of gravity removes the need for any sort of skeletal structure beyond protecting the vital organs.

This also isn't trolling. Trolling would be intentionally being a dick to get a reaction. Which I am not doing.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 08:12:18 pm »

So. . . .  Lets. . .  Lets assume that we would look like what we consider humans in the 1900s
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 08:17:09 pm »

Instead this is derailing a thread, which is possibly just as bad.
I'd love to discuss with you sometime how wrong that all is, but not on my first attempt at an ISG. Feel free to PM me for a gentlemanly discussion over speculative evolution any day.

Back to the ISG, do you have a suggestion that could be classified as homo sapien? A very closely related slightly cave adapted relative would also be acceptance.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 08:19:34 pm »

Monkey tail human? I like tails. Almost as much as I like good plots. . . . .
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »

Well, Kevak doses have a point. We're fleshmancers. Becoming efficient "abominations" is kind of what we do. Hm... chow about a compromise? We can  use my original character sheet from the multiplayer version. Is that acceptable?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 08:22:56 pm »

Something similar to a troglodyte would work for closely related to human but cave adapted. Bulky (muscle to aid in moving past collapsed tunnels/kill prey), hunched back/curved spine (Likely allowing moving through small caves easier), legs probably could function with moving on all fours (easier to launch self into prey/move quickly through low ceilinged areas.). Probably fangs/strong jaw for snapping bones. Also probably a second stomach/extended digestive tract to enable further nutrient extraction from food. The issue with caves is the difficulty of finding nutrients.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 08:24:53 pm »

I was going to keep the player mostly without mutations in this one because I can't draw very well at all. And I definitely cannot draw your character Athath  :P Sorry

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »

Well all you would really need to do for the troglodyte is a hunchbacked human.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10