Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Horror story.  (Read 898 times)

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
The Horror story.
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

efter a large dig 4 of my miners got rock in their head and died. This resulted in the mayor having a tantrum, destroying the bridge to the food chamber. Dwarves quickly started to starve, and with hunger came more anger and violence. During this hard time I got two ambushes from large goblin parties. Assembling the few dwarves I had, I drove them off, sadly the majority of my army got criticaly hurt, with no food, all working men hurt, there where only two dwarves left fit to work, one miner and a female fish cleaner, the miner snaped, took his pick axe and killed all the hurt dwarves. During this time the fish cleaner gave birth to a boy. The Miner, done with his task started to hunt the Fish Cleaner, over bridges, trough stairs, this ended on top of the highest ledge in the town. Where no where left to run, the miner killed the fish cleaner and her baby. Leaving him alone in his new home of death and decay.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Horror story.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:18:00 am »

sounds like the average day in a normal dwarven outpost
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »

What happens when you have zero dwarves under your control?  Do you just wait for the immigrants to come?

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>What happens when you have zero dwarves under your control?  Do you just wait for the immigrants to come?</STRONG>

"Your settlement has crumbled" or something and you have to reclaim it.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

...and now you can start a hermit challenge if your miner settles down ^^ And if you could reach all the supplies again...
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress