Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164333 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2175 on: October 09, 2016, 02:29:49 am »

Now I'm trying to figure out how swiftly the S.E.G.A. (Special Electronic Gobbo Armor) is going to need to be able to be manufactured to be able to get useful firing range tests with Interns wearing them. How advanced is Akras's 3D Printing Tech, and if not applicable, how much would it cost to purchase/rent/acquire a fabber ala Schlock Mercenary? Is there a queue that can be joined for lesser cost?

Typing here so I don't forget. We'll need two firing ranges, one for direct fire tests, the other for the obstacle course. Either recruit Interns to do the firing of the Gauss weaponry when that level is reached or get some robbo arms designed. Possibly recruit some Orcs for wearing tests due to innate Strength and likelihood of combat experience. Suggest to Tal to investigate into Orc/Human hybrids to hopefully stabilize breeding if we don't just go straight for cloning. Actually, setting up a research project for the reason for Orc/Goblin birthing differences would be useful (answer is likely, magic genetics are whack yo as are regular genetics).
At least please clone them; Akras is a company, not a psycho freak show.

Tal needed people with working souls to merge with the cats, all right, it was for a valid !!SCIENCE!! reason, but there's no point in wasting the two decades it takes to raise a functional intern , or orc for that matter, if a clone can be made in a short while.
Besides, we now nearly lost all access to Earth, so any Terran, even interns, have become rare resources.

As for the wikia, here it is:
http://castle-gate-raiders.wikia.com
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:34:20 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: October 09, 2016, 02:36:44 am »

Frankly Akras doesn't give any fucks so long as it's profitable. Arguably you can't really deal with very profitable eldritch entities such as 003 without delving into the 'psycho freak show' as you put it.

Tal needed interns with souls and minds for his experiments and likely will continue using interns with souls and minds for the majority. Excluding with stuff he explicitly wants mindless.

Do keep in mind Akras is quite able to print off more interns with the required skillsets as clones. It has killsquads of clones even. Cloning tech is fucking advanced, Akras is a Bioengineering and Robotics focused corporation after all. Some interns being tested on may be actual people, others may just be clones with the skills/preselected personalities. Technically the clones with minds are actual people as well. But they are expendable, dime a dozen people. Not someone Akras will care about.

New Terran Genomes will be rare for a while. However already recorded ones? Not so much.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: October 09, 2016, 02:49:59 am »

That reminds me of one time Zach tried to turn a bunch of gang kids into his spy network after he used some magic on them to scare him.

The next day a white van pulled up to then and Akras cloned killsquad came pouring out, sprayed everyone with MAG Assault rifles, mangling bodies then drove off only for yet another white van to park and pour out a team of cleaners that burned everything in the area with fire then pressure wash everything with water jets until nothing of those gangster kids were left but memories.

I think Zach got a bit sad he was responsible for making a bunch of kids die because he wanted some inefficient kids-based spy network.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 09, 2016, 02:53:39 am »

The point of live fire tests with Interns wearing S.E.G.A.s is to see how well the exosuit and enhancement parts work while under stress. Begin able to lift 5 times you normally can isn't really usable in field if it gets your spine torn in half if enemy fire hits it the wrong way. D001 plates sound like they can help get the job done on an endurance scale, but there's a lot more work to do to ensure system tolerances and survivability. I mean, Ratodx is going to be wearing one of these, so he's going to want to make sure it doesn't squeeze him til he pops when he wears it.

Ideally, live fire tests on Interns are going to wait until the base suit is established and we've managed to make the enhancements not break bones quite so easily. They're meant to test for errors and user experience rather than see how long it takes for an Intern to die while under constant fire. Though we will be setting several Interns wearing S.E.G.A.s on fire to make sure that the hazmat and vacuum survival aspects work.

Good to know that 'We Have Reserves' applies so well in !SCIENCE! as well. This project will hopefully ensure that the Reserves are able to do as much damage as needed before expiring.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: October 09, 2016, 02:57:11 am »

Tal actually has a project planned called "We Have Reserves" it involves armor functioning as a pseudophylactary on death that lets the dead guard just stand right back up and walk to medbay before sitting in a circle and shifting his soul to an identical, preprinted, fully geared cloned body that can just head right back to the combat immediately.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2180 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:36 am »

For reference. Also changed his callsign from Epsilon Alpha to Epsilon Actual.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: October 09, 2016, 05:52:18 am »

Tal actually has a project planned called "We Have Reserves" it involves armor functioning as a pseudophylactary on death that lets the dead guard just stand right back up and walk to medbay before sitting in a circle and shifting his soul to an identical, preprinted, fully geared cloned body that can just head right back to the combat immediately.

It works.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: October 09, 2016, 05:56:06 am »

Exactly. The reanimation of Jenny was a proof of concept actually. Now all he has to do is automate the process and negate the need for chanting.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: October 09, 2016, 04:35:02 pm »

Automating the chanting could work, though there's room for error, especially if the gets cut off somehow.

Maybe a linked rune set that is activated off of the other rune set activation, which would provide the necessary guidance that the chanting represents?

"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 09, 2016, 04:39:13 pm »

Hey, so Kevak suggested this fantastic looking roleplay to me, and after reading through it and barraging them with questions, I decided to make a character for Newsquad. Hope it's alright.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: October 09, 2016, 04:46:43 pm »

Hey, so Kevak suggested this fantastic looking roleplay to me, and after reading through it and barraging them with questions, I decided to make a character for Newsquad. Hope it's alright.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Overall good. Keep in mind that Terran employees are implanted with trackers upon hiring. It's not a special thing for Gate Teams. It's SOP. Otherwise everything sounds good~ VK will prolly tell ya when to pop into the newsquad thread.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2186 on: October 09, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

O_O someone used my rifle! I am so happy!
((inb4 he realises the MAG is free))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 09, 2016, 04:49:20 pm »

O_O someone used my rifle! I am so happy!
((inb4 he realises the MAG is free))
Yeah, but I want that sweet, sweet underbarrel.
Unless the MAG can take that too.
NEVERMIND, Bullpup's look cool.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2188 on: October 09, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »

Bullpups look cool
I have found the one! My OTP! Bullpups do indeed look awesome. Nothing says futuristic like having the magazine behind the grip.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:47 pm »

MAGs can take an underbarrel. However they preform a different role from the Bullpup.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 204