Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164297 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2130 on: October 08, 2016, 05:58:01 pm »

Happy cake-day Prophet
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 08, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »

Happy Cakeday!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 08, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »

Happy cake day. Today was my grandpas as well.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 08, 2016, 07:14:59 pm »

I have an early morning tomorrow, so I'll have to stop around 9:00.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 08, 2016, 08:23:35 pm »

Happy cakeday Prophet~

On an unrelated note. I slept literally all day.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 08, 2016, 08:27:27 pm »

Lucky, I had to study
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 08, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Thanks guys/girls.  :D

Is foxhound still taking new members or is it only our new squad?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2137 on: October 08, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »

vkiNm, I would just like to say that running water wouldn't be too much of a surprise to people with medieval-era tech, or even 0BC/AD level tech. They had running water in ancient Roman times. Granted, the pipes weren't the best for your health, but still.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 08, 2016, 09:34:32 pm »

Thanks guys/girls.  :D

Is foxhound still taking new members or is it only our new squad?
I think both are taking new members? Not totally sure.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 08, 2016, 09:36:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure the idea is of a more classical fantasy Dark Ages Medieval or Dung Ages. It's not historically accurate or inclusive of many or any cultures besides more Western European, but such is the idea brought on by said terms.

I've been using "Srsly, this dude was invaded by monkey souls" to explain the low level of reaction as well as my lack of posting, though I wouldn't put a mobile pressure water system outside of the purview of a species of mad scientists. At the bare minimum, it makes cleaning up after experiments and !SCIENCE! a lot easier.

Which reminds me is running water a thing that can drain away lingering magical energies? I've seen it used elsewhere (Dresden Files immediately comes to mind as a modern example) and thought I'd check there as easy access showers may have developed sooner in Gaian timeline due to that potential benefit. Based on how magic has been explained, I doubt it, but checking rarely hurts. Much.

Happy Cake Day Prophet and S34N1C's grandpa!

@My own absence: Turns out it was the reception, not the wedding (one day!), but things went well and I learned that driving for an hour is not quite as bad as I thought.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 08, 2016, 10:02:02 pm »

Steam Clan run gobbo warbands occasionally do pressure based piping. But it's expensive to set up onsite and usually they prefer to just make more steam powered vehicles.

Dwarves primarily use gravity based piping if at all. And it's usually to drain water into a well.

Gaian Humans and Elves do not use piping. Gaian Humans do tend to have sewer systems however and there is the occasional aquaduct.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 08, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »

Steam! That's what the other clan was. Clockwork, Fire, Lightning, and Steam. It's like trying to remember the fourth member of the Beatles.

I'd imagine that Dwarves might have or know more about industrial water movement if only because water filled tunnels are awful to deal with, and techniques to detect and remove said water is likely something gained through experience.

Ideas for things to trade with Dwarves: Alcohol, new types of Alcohol, new methods of Alcohol production, new mining techniques, new mining equipment, new smithing/metallurgy/etc. Modern science would have a lot to offer, let alone 31st century science. Really, a lot of what we'd consider obsolete in the 31st would probably very trade worthy.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 08, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »

*COUGH*George Harrison

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:52 pm »

*COUGH*George Harrison

Isn't that the guy who plays Indiana Jones :P Harrison Ford. Just leaving it here so it's known that I'm joking.

Any thoughts on Goblin Society? I have ideas but group thinking sounds like fun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:23 pm »

I just can't wait to send Foxhound on their new mission, just need to get this whole Wasp testing thing out of the way.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 204