Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164328 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2115 on: October 07, 2016, 10:17:50 pm »

You say that, but when I think 250 USD, I think maybe half of a single room's worth of monthly rent, if it's in a particularly run down area. You've stated that we aren't worrying about that as long as PCs are reasonably active, so I'm more than happy to let it drop and have a dream of the kind of income and low expenses that these guys are having.

Note to self: If an intern, learn to fly ASAP. The novelty might be enough to let the pun slide as well as escape internship intact.

I am significantly more interested in such research now, to the point that I'm somewhat regretting making a character who won't care in the least except in the sense of how to prevent himself from becoming component parts. It looks like I'm going to be living through KaineFisher on this one  :P

@KaineFisher: I'll concede the point. Just try to be prepared for worst case situations.

@TheBiggerFish: Entity 3 (previously designated Entity 4) is Bill from Gravity Falls.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 07, 2016, 10:38:47 pm »

Gobbos are sorta designed for mad science technically. There's plenty of room and time for that to grow on him~

-Keep in mind how much Gate Teams tend to make. The first mission Foxhound ran before it was even called Foxhound was a complete and utter disaster, resulting in a Total Squad Wipe for the two other squads sent with them due to a complete lack of tactics mixed with Rocks Fall. Two Squaddie NPC's were left behind. Literally every survivor received nearly lethal wounds.

The squad hauled in if I recall 21C based on acquire data and samples alone.

The next mission was a resounding success. Which hauled in a Moderate Value Keep Artifact, later determined to be HL3 from an alternate plane of existence (50C) Around 10 or 15 different unique samples of the dirt, air, Imp Fog, Keep Stone (Varied between 1C and 5C each depending on potential uses and value), The Corpse of a Denizen, which led to the most effective armor plating Akras has, aka D001 Plates (30C), and as many Rusher and Imp corpses as we could tie to the APC. Also a Horror Knight's corpse. (Around 5C-10C total from Unique corpse samples.)

This trend continued and now Foxhound has 526C in the squad coffers that it doesn't know what to do with and all the members have between 30C and 60C in their personal funds.

The Gate Teams are paid for useful data. You get paid for data and samples, as well as accurate observations and you get a bonus for exceptional accomplishments. It doesn't really matter how you get the data and samples. Just so long as you acquire it. Tal making things for Vahlen to play with, if he actually gave any fucks about the money and logged it, would be netting him somewhere around 2C-3C per sample. More if he wrote down his observations in a concise manner. He frankly doesn't give much of a fuck about the money though. He's in it for the knowledge. Likewise. If I recall. Zander Has received payment for some of his alchemical solutions and they are in use by Akras. However he has not submitted recent ones for use. The only reason Foxhound isn't receiving money for the Heatsink stones is because nobody really Cares to cash in on them. However Foxhound still gets top of the line gear thrown at it regularly from the sheer value of those stones alone for tech development. Not even counting the other assorted accomplishments

You have plenty of room to research new shit. Long as Akras finds it neat. You can cash in on it. But frankly. Money is only a problem for the first two or so full missions. Hence Foxhound's general minimal fucks given about it.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2117 on: October 07, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »

Hey, vkiNm, would I be allowed to retire Zach for one mission to try something new with a Foxhound rookie in regards to one of my suggestions on the catalog? No spoilers yet, but there's something I wanna try out and Zach has no skills for it. If I'm not aloud, can I PM you a couple of NPC sheets for next mission or add them to the doc floating around god-knows-where?

Also, what I have on the Bad Cops so far is here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bChicBkdjtrgQwKZ1tNUhe-AxtzzUHCBLJrMUT9dp4/edit?usp=sharing
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 07, 2016, 11:04:01 pm »

Hey, vkiNm, would I be allowed to retire Zach for one mission to try something new with a Foxhound rookie in regards to one of my suggestions on the catalog? No spoilers yet, but there's something I wanna try out and Zach has no skills for it. If I'm not aloud, can I PM you a couple of NPC sheets for next mission or add them to the doc floating around god-knows-where?

Also, what I have on the Bad Cops so far is here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bChicBkdjtrgQwKZ1tNUhe-AxtzzUHCBLJrMUT9dp4/edit?usp=sharing

Sure. Not sure if they'll get to do anything, though. You know how Foxhound likes to roll.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 07, 2016, 11:18:40 pm »

This game has about exactly the level of escalation and potential monetary gain for those who care about such things that I've hoped to have from a game. The biggest problem is probably going to be figuring out what tech advances are considered to be actually useful to Akras. So much potential.  :D

I think I'm starting to get a better idea about how exactly Foxhound is the biggest money making team Akras has ever had.

Do we have a post around with links to all of the related documentation and/or character sheets? I keep forgetting to pin the new catalog and tracking it down is time consuming.

Beginning to read Bad Cops now, opinions incoming.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 07, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »

I'll repost the new catalog in here and plop it in the second OP of the newsquad thread. Zomara will have to plop it in the OP of the Foxhound thread.

Ere ya go.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2121 on: October 07, 2016, 11:38:26 pm »

I know he went over the creation costs, but IDK what to do there. I tried hard to think of a unique background for him, I really did.
EDIT: forgot all about the racial skills. Editing now... And done.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:19:02 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:14 pm »

Something I've noticed is that Strength restrictions don't seem to be there anymore. Is this an error or do Ratodx and the elves have significantly more firearms options than before?

@John Faring: As Foxhound has SOOO much money, they might be willing to spare 18* to have their temp be somewhat properly armed. You could have Zach do some research while the mission is going on, as a reason for the absence.

@Bad Cops: Good start, I'm interested for the next update  :)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2123 on: October 07, 2016, 11:46:54 pm »

Yeah. Zach wants to hang back with maybe a couple of the Magi attached to Foxhound and research into his wasp army.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49:28 pm »

Foxhound has a history of purchasing extra gear for anticipated squaddies. Example Aria and the Gauss Rifle.

Tal specifically would be fine with adding a Coilgun and Wielder to the squad arsenal. All sorts of fun shit you can do with what is functionally a pneumatic Mortar. Specially when ya get into stuff like enchanting the projectiles.

Zach would have to convince a Magi to hang back with him. There are several Magi would would be as equally qualified as Tal to help with the experiments though. Specially cause they're primarily focusing on one to three schools. Rather than Tal's "Learn Everything."

Something I've noticed is that Strength restrictions don't seem to be there anymore. Is this an error or do Ratodx and the elves have significantly more firearms options than before?

@John Faring: As Foxhound has SOOO much money, they might be willing to spare 18* to have their temp be somewhat properly armed. You could have Zach do some research while the mission is going on, as a reason for the absence.

@Bad Cops: Good start, I'm interested for the next update  :)
It's been tweaked for actually quite a while now. Anyone can Try to fire a firearm. However those marked as "This has high recoil" or "This will snap your arm like a twig if you don't brace it" are quite serious in their side effects. It's a more organic way to handle guns. If you're a whimpy shrimpy you're gonna snap your spine trying to fire a rocket launcher and dislocate something it if you fire a Gauss Pistol even with a brace. If that makes sense.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2125 on: October 07, 2016, 11:56:28 pm »

GodBill help the elf who picks up the coilcannon from John's limp body and sets it to the wrong recoil level.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 08, 2016, 12:01:06 am »

It makes sense. That just means that testing on the firing range is going to be all the more useful (and potentially youtubeable).

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 08, 2016, 12:40:31 am »

Added Todo's to each of the catalog's sectionmarks. Boop in the comments section of the todo's with stuff you intend to do so I can keep track of it all and boop that again when it's ready for review.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 08, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »

I will be attending a wedding in a few hours so I will likely be unavailable til later this evening (8pm forum time?) or tomorrow morning (8am forum time?). I'll try to have a post in before then.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 08, 2016, 03:22:57 pm »

Today is my birthday and I'm out with my family so expect either a lack of posting from me or erratic posting today until maybe later tonight.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 204