Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164254 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2100 on: October 07, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »

It's sustainable and requires little to no maintenance beyond setting new devotion triggers when an old fad dies.

Plus it would gather life-force without needing to kill, making it able to harvest multiple souls worth of energy from a single being over their life and then taking it afterward.

And it would allow Akras to further exploit the lower end of consumers and cut into rival soul-harvesting companies. Expanding your business is better if it hurts your rivals.

Plus there's the morale effect of knowing the extra power is coming from the idiots who do something just because a celebrity endorsed it.

And diversified power sources would help keep competitive if one were to be cut off.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2101 on: October 07, 2016, 09:36:43 pm »

This. You like?

"This." which is?
(Detective walks into room with two police officers)
Officer 1: "Alright, detective, what have ya got?"
Detective: "Well, all the blood samples match to the same blood type and DNA. We couldn't find any fibers, murder weapons or anything of the like on-scene."
Officer 2: "So... a homicide?"
Pause
Officer 1: (sarcastically) "Yes, it's a homicide. The victim and the murderer were the same people."
Officer 2: "Then that begs the question: Where did he hide the body?"
Officer 1: "...Detective?"
Detective: "I... can't argue with that logic. Get a warrant, you guys have to meet a quota, or something, right?"

Yes.
I decided whilst having toast with jam and a mocha that I am actually going to turn this into a script. "Bad Cops" Will share when done.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 07, 2016, 09:38:53 pm »

It's again. Absolutely a project to test out. Magi are more or less given free reign to test whatever on the smallscale so long as it isn't a significant drain on resources or dangerous to Akras as a whole and probably isn't dangerous to anyone ranked above 'Intern' unless explicitly used on the target. Usually, just like scientists, they can request stuff for smallscale testing.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 07, 2016, 09:39:16 pm »

"Bad cops" should include a minor cast that can be spun off into "ADD Media," following a news station that only runs news stories designed to get people to watch them. Information free, owned by a conglomerate with clear conflicts of interests, pandering, and...did I just describe every media source?

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 07, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »

It's again. Absolutely a project to test out. Magi are more or less given free reign to test whatever on the smallscale so long as it isn't a significant drain on resources or dangerous to Akras as a whole and probably isn't dangerous to anyone ranked above 'Intern' unless explicitly used on the target. Usually, just like scientists, they can request stuff for smallscale testing.

Alright, when do you think Khaiden should suggest it to Doctor Tal? Is now a good time? He's had a year to plan it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 07, 2016, 09:42:43 pm »

Well Tal is currently fucking with nature and therefore is focused on a project. So it might be better to just ask him after Khaiden completes a mission. Khaiden would be more able to work on the project as well at that point.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 07, 2016, 09:43:31 pm »

Very well.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:00 pm »

P sure all the blood is yours. My blood is primarily on my bathroom floor due to vomiting post surgery earlier in the week and I can't be arsed to clean it. Cleaning lady'll get to it later.
Are you ok? I'm not sure that's supposed to happen
It actually is supposed to happen!

Wisdom teeth, as with any tooth, when removed bleed a fuckton. They stitch that up. During the surgery you will swallow blood. Human blood induces nausea and vomiting when consumed in large quantities. Generally the first thing you wanna do if you accidentally swallow a buncha your blood is puke it up. You'll feel better almost immediately.
Lol forgot that it was dental surgery. I thought that you had like gotten your gallbladder removed or something.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2108 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:57 pm »

"Bad cops" should include a minor cast that can be spun off into "ADD Media," following a news station that only runs news stories designed to get people to watch them. Information free, owned by a conglomerate with clear conflicts of interests, pandering, and...did I just describe every media source?
Nope, just the trash called 'A Current Affair'
You know, the same guys who ran a story about the 'Rampant violence at Schoolies', couldn't find any violence there so they paid a trio of friends $20 each to have a fight and 'make it look real'

had like gotten
~twitch*
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 07, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »

P sure all the blood is yours. My blood is primarily on my bathroom floor due to vomiting post surgery earlier in the week and I can't be arsed to clean it. Cleaning lady'll get to it later.
Are you ok? I'm not sure that's supposed to happen
It actually is supposed to happen!

Wisdom teeth, as with any tooth, when removed bleed a fuckton. They stitch that up. During the surgery you will swallow blood. Human blood induces nausea and vomiting when consumed in large quantities. Generally the first thing you wanna do if you accidentally swallow a buncha your blood is puke it up. You'll feel better almost immediately.
Lol forgot that it was dental surgery. I thought that you had like gotten your gallbladder removed or something.
Nein. I do know someone who had that occur to a relative though. Honestly I dun really care too much about said person's relative. Dun know em.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 07, 2016, 09:52:59 pm »

So work took longer than expected by a fair margin, sorry for holding up the RP S34N1C.

+1 to Bad Cops, it's interesting such that I'm game for being a proofreader for it and willing to offer a discounted rate for more professional editing.

@GodsRUs: I think the biggest barrier is going to be figuring out how to efficiently use Divine energy. Just because you can gather a type of energy doesn't mean that it can be used. Granted, collecting the energy is the first step to experimenting with it, but there's still the issue of figuring out how to conduct experiments. I can see it gaining traction as a method of divine sabotage, though I can see a risk in a god being created from either the collection of divine energy or the cumulative belief generated that such a being actually exists, assuming that belief carries additional effects besides delivering energy.

Note to self: Figure out if soul editing is a thing in universe. Consuming souls apparently grants knowledge, therefore souls might be able to be stripped down to component parts including specific knowledges, which might then be able to be grafted onto another soul, therefore granting said knowledge.

Edit: How much do lodgings and utilities cost?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 07, 2016, 09:57:44 pm »

So work took longer than expected by a fair margin, sorry for holding up the RP S34N1C.

+1 to Bad Cops, it's interesting such that I'm game for being a proofreader for it and willing to offer a discounted rate for more professional editing.

@GodsRUs: I think the biggest barrier is going to be figuring out how to efficiently use Divine energy. Just because you can gather a type of energy doesn't mean that it can be used. Granted, collecting the energy is the first step to experimenting with it, but there's still the issue of figuring out how to conduct experiments. I can see it gaining traction as a method of divine sabotage, though I can see a risk in a god being created from either the collection of divine energy or the cumulative belief generated that such a being actually exists, assuming that belief carries additional effects besides delivering energy.

Note to self: Figure out if soul editing is a thing in universe. Consuming souls apparently grants knowledge, therefore souls might be able to be stripped down to component parts including specific knowledges, which might then be able to be grafted onto another soul, therefore granting said knowledge.

Exactly, which is why the devotions would be pseudo-religious and varied. It's set to consume the souls of those who succumb to fads, trends, etc. How is a god going to form when there's no god being worshiped? Worst case scenario, a god does form but it's so dysfunctional due to conflicting devotions that it collapses back into energy. And we're not aiming for perfection here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1I8roynqM

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 07, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »

Soul editing is absolutely a thing. Souls have do indeed have components that make them up. The specifics vary depending on race, creature, if they've touched the Eldritch or Arcane, and a number of other factors. I'm not gonna spoil everything for ya. You're gonna have to study that ICly.

Re:Lodgings/Utilities Although they technically cost 'something' keep in mind that a single credit is 250 USD in equivalent. The majority of PC's won't use enough of their wage for it to actually impact their finances. Unless you do something like sit around on your asses for a month straight without doing anything that could be considered 'productive' by Akras, there won't be a mechanical cost for utilities and lodgings. That and lodgings are free for Interns. Interns are after all expected to either fly, die, or be made useful by someone more important. Usually in the form of an experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 07, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »

HOLY CARP THERE'S APERTURE SCIENCE O_O
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 07, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »

We have a number of expys of assorted things. Try to name em all~
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 204