Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164219 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2085 on: October 07, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »

P sure they'd find that the bathroom has my DNA.

Adding other DNA contaminants or a sufficient quantity of liquid can make it impossible to get enough for a sample.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 07, 2016, 09:10:20 pm »

It's p obvious. It's not like it's a mystery. Dilution is a thing.

And there's no reason to dilute it. The blood is mine and only mine.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 07, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »

P sure all the blood is yours. My blood is primarily on my bathroom floor due to vomiting post surgery earlier in the week and I can't be arsed to clean it. Cleaning lady'll get to it later.
Are you ok? I'm not sure that's supposed to happen
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »

P sure all the blood is yours. My blood is primarily on my bathroom floor due to vomiting post surgery earlier in the week and I can't be arsed to clean it. Cleaning lady'll get to it later.
Are you ok? I'm not sure that's supposed to happen
It actually is supposed to happen!

Wisdom teeth, as with any tooth, when removed bleed a fuckton. They stitch that up. During the surgery you will swallow blood. Human blood induces nausea and vomiting when consumed in large quantities. Generally the first thing you wanna do if you accidentally swallow a buncha your blood is puke it up. You'll feel better almost immediately.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2089 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:05 pm »

(Detective walks into room with two police officers)
Officer 1: "Alright, detective, what have ya got?"
Detective: "Well, all the blood samples match to the same blood type and DNA. We couldn't find any fibers, murder weapons or anything of the like on-scene."
Officer 2: "So... a homicide?"
Pause
Officer 1: (sarcastically) "Yes, it's a homicide. The victim and the murderer were the same people."
Officer 2: "Then that begs the question: Where did he hide the body?"
Officer 1: "...Detective?"
Detective: "I... can't argue with that logic. Get a warrant, you guys have to meet a quota, or something, right?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 07, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »

Pff~

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 07, 2016, 09:15:27 pm »

Detective: "Well, all the blood samples match to the same blood type and DNA. We couldn't find any fibers, murder weapons or anything of the like on-scene."
Pause
Officer 1: (sarcastically) "Yes, it's a homicide. The victim and the murderer were the same people."
Detective: "I... can't argue with that logic. Get a warrant, you guys have to meet a quota, or something, right?"

"This is Fox News reporting: there's been a murder but since it wasn't anyone famous, a mass shooting, or a white girl we don't care."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2092 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:04 pm »

This. You like?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 07, 2016, 09:17:15 pm »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2094 on: October 07, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »

This. You like?

"This." which is?
Pause

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 07, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »

Changing the subject, I had an idea that might let Akras gather soul energy from those still living.

It would take quite a bit of Occultism and need some time and effort, but it would pay it back tenfold.

I call it the God-Catcher.

It's a device that simulates a divine presence and when a prayer or other act of devotion is done towards it, it takes a part of the devotee's life-force, too small to be noticed, and stores it. And when a devotee dies, the soul is called to the device and stored as well.

The device can have different names and acts set as siphon triggers, because real gods tend to look poorly on poaching.

It's surprisingly easy to set up a cult in less educated areas, the hard part is spreading it. So my second proposal is to introduce it as something other than a religion.

As we've seen in America, once you get the right people hooked, they will reel in more and more.

There would have to be a benefit to it, so tacking the devotion onto an existing service would likely work best.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 07, 2016, 09:19:32 pm »

This. You like?

"This." which is?
Pause

Yes.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 07, 2016, 09:23:40 pm »

Changing the subject, I had an idea that might let Akras gather soul energy from those still living.

It would take quite a bit of Occultism and need some time and effort, but it would pay it back tenfold.

I call it the God-Catcher.

It's a device that simulates a divine presence and when a prayer or other act of devotion is done towards it, it takes a part of the devotee's life-force, too small to be noticed, and stores it. And when a devotee dies, the soul is called to the device and stored as well.

The device can have different names and acts set as siphon triggers, because real gods tend to look poorly on poaching.

It's surprisingly easy to set up a cult in less educated areas, the hard part is spreading it. So my second proposal is to introduce it as something other than a religion.

As we've seen in America, once you get the right people hooked, they will reel in more and more.

There would have to be a benefit to it, so tacking the devotion onto an existing service would likely work best.
That would be Possible but frankly you'd be better off just convincing people you were a god. Mechanically that results in the ability to do [Spoilers]. Divine energy is not Arcane energy. Think the difference between how Jesus mythologically did stuff and how a given Magi does stuff.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

It would be an Akras project, meaning one person wouldn't have the power since it would be stored in a central device. I doubt they'd invest in it otherwise.

That doesn't mean one couldn't request a larger share of the yield due to personal involvement.

Khaiden would offer his help if Dr. Tal agreed.

It's Khaiden's idea, but he doesn't have the authority or resources to do it.

And it would take at least a month to set up.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 07, 2016, 09:28:30 pm »

You'd have to convince Akras why it's worth the monkeys. And frankly. The Well of Souls and Pylon project is probably a faster way to get the desired effect.

Still a project to test on the smallscale tho. Never hurts to test. Except for when it does.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:31:52 pm by Kevak »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 204