Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164274 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1950 on: October 05, 2016, 09:07:20 pm »

The majority of Elven Magi are discontent with communism. Craftsmen don't like it either. Everyone else is totes fine with it. They don't know otherwise.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 05, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »

So do they have their own political/Religious Ideology or are they just discontent but don't know anything better. Likes are there any monarchists who would prefer a return to the old systems of government and religion instead of what they have now?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 05, 2016, 09:15:15 pm »

More or less like RL except for the most paranoid Stalinist times, then: the (inexistent) upper and middle classes intelligentsia feel stifled, the proletariat are fed their bread and circus, and the system doesn't go out of its way to bother anyone unless they bother the system.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 05, 2016, 09:15:54 pm »

Haven't really fleshed it out beyond a general discontent. Older elves are mostly all for the communism thing on account of being among those who instituted it in the first place. Younger elves don't know of any other systems but don't like the current one.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 05, 2016, 09:21:06 pm »

The majority of Elven Magi are discontent with communism. Craftsmen don't like it either. Everyone else is totes fine with it. They don't know otherwise.
Haven't really fleshed it out beyond a general discontent. Older elves are mostly all for the communism thing on account of being among those who instituted it in the first place. Younger elves don't know of any other systems but don't like the current one.

That seems potentially very fortuitous for Akras. I wonder if the corp will help things along or if there'll be another revolution without Akras's help.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 05, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »

More profitable to help it along. Would let Akras install POI's in positions of power easier.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 05, 2016, 09:26:38 pm »

It would be kinda interesting to see how that develops over time. If it develops in the story at all. If it does I hope it is a monarchist revolution. Probably not though considering that they revolted against a monarch not that long ago.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 05, 2016, 09:28:45 pm »

It's not even really been a generation or two since the last revolt. What's most likely is the youth'll do an exodus if they catch wind of Akras's generally superior conditions.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 05, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »

More profitable to help it along. Would let Akras install POI's in positions of power easier.

True, though there is the possibility of Elven competence and using Akras's meddling as a point to try to unify around. That just means that it'll take a graceful hand to guide things just right.

It would be kinda interesting to see how that develops over time. If it develops in the story at all. If it does I hope it is a monarchist revolution. Probably not though considering that they revolted against a monarch not that long ago.
It's not even really been a generation or two since the last revolt. What's most likely is the youth'll do an exodus if they catch wind of Akras's generally superior conditions.

So the counterculture to elvish communism is corporate capitalism. Makes sense. :nod:

Should I respond with Ratodx's reactions to being invaded by monkey hands on a spiritual level? Because you've done quite a good job with descriptions and I can't quite think of anything to add to it that isn't to the effect of "Yeah, this is not a pleasant experience."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 05, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »

You should prolly respond with his reactions for flavor. Although if ya dun wanna you dun need to.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »

Would Elves abandon their trees just like that? I think not... They might even go to Akras, but they'd soon return and kick the communist leadership out of power - else they wouldn't be elves, but just pointy-eared humans.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 05, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »

I imagine it would depend on the elf. The older ones most certainly are attached to their homes. But are the younger ones so attached?

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 05, 2016, 09:36:24 pm »

I imagine it would depend on the elf. The older ones most certainly are attached to their homes. But are the younger ones so attached?

Depends how much rope you use before you burn the homes.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 05, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »

Heh

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 05, 2016, 09:39:29 pm »

The younger ones would be more adventurous, not necessarily less attached to their homes: home is somewhere you have so you can return.

Depends how much rope you use before you burn the homes.
Maybe you shouldn't consider a diplomatic career...

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 204