Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164317 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1905 on: October 05, 2016, 11:43:36 am »

I was very tempted to have the fragment arrow go off after it bursts out of Dexter inside the elevator with the equivalent of a Frag grenade.

Then I realize that this will be TPK at first ever engagement before anyone even get to do anything so I decided against it. :P

The GM In me screams for blood and death, but the Storyteller/Writer in me says no.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 05, 2016, 11:58:56 am »

We very much appreciate your erring on the side of story.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 05, 2016, 12:00:54 pm »

Therefore, it's my recommendation that that agent training on memetic entities is reinforced, and that this case is used in said training as an example.

Grammar check. Otherwise, you may or may not want to mention Ratodx being high after being flash banged, but that's your call. Anything else I'll mention is basically word choice.
Thanks. By the way, that was a C&P editing error, not a grammar one. I try to avoid those, but if you guys spot one, please do tell me.

I added that Ratodx was dazed by the flashbangs, that'd have been normal.

Melnakos pleaded to be allowed to try to lead

Requested might work as well there and sounds slightly more professional, but it's not a necessary change.

The Ratodx in me wants to have the report edited slightly to make Amadou look more competent and rephrase the areas where mistakes were made to make them look less like mistakes, but being able to recognize mistakes and own up to them is a competency in and of itself which will hopefully be recognized.

"Requested" it is then.

One of the reasons for debriefing is precisely to spot errors and work on them, and while Amadou knows the bureaucratic attitude of deflecting blame (and has resorted to it when needed), he really dislikes it.

In retrospect, we're quite lucky that the apparent fragmentation effect didn't go off once it made contact with Dexter's back.
Thanks, vk! I justified it by noting that the arrow had not been fired.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:08:58 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 05, 2016, 12:12:54 pm »

Well, now the people who got crumpled in the elevator sans Khaiden who un-fucked himself gets to be cut open alive to have their cracked bones tended to. :)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 05, 2016, 12:21:35 pm »

I forgot the part about trying to use the torches as anti-darkness weapons. I'll add that now.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 05, 2016, 01:12:49 pm »

Well, now the people who got crumpled in the elevator sans Khaiden who un-fucked himself gets to be cut open alive to have their cracked bones tended to. :)

Unfucking himself is something Khaiden does. Others might be included in that if feasible and it helps him. Otherwise their lifeforce might be used to unfuck him.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1911 on: October 05, 2016, 03:26:57 pm »

I was wondering why the arrow didn't go off. Guess I know, now.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 05, 2016, 03:42:14 pm »

I was very tempted to have the fragment arrow go off after it bursts out of Dexter inside the elevator with the equivalent of a Frag grenade.

Then I realize that this will be TPK at first ever engagement before anyone even get to do anything so I decided against it. :P

The GM In me screams for blood and death, but the Storyteller/Writer in me says no.

Sigged
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 05, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

Honestly it makes sense icly for the arrow to be coded to go off after launching. Would save archers a whole lotta trouble if they hardcoded their spellbow projectiles to not go off at the slightest impact.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 05, 2016, 04:47:15 pm »

@Do goblins have 14 fingers: Until stated otherwise by a GM, I'm operating as if they do because I wanted to make a joke post-microwave explosion (listed 7 reasons why shooting the microwave was a bad idea, said it was only a handful of reasons). I figured it was an unstated detail that I could mess around with. I like to think that they developed sort of like wisdom teeth in humans did, such that they have spares so they're still able to function when an amount are lost, most likely due to early experimentation with explosives and other limb removing !SCIENCE!. Thankfully amputation isn't a necessary procedure for multiple fingers.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 05, 2016, 05:35:38 pm »

It would be kinda cool if they did.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 05, 2016, 05:39:46 pm »

Multiple fingers could be nice. Makes wearing gloves a bitch though.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 05, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

Also think about all the weird and horrible painful experiments that can be done on the squad as Arkas scientist try to learn if they can add extra fingers to other species hands.  :P
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 05, 2016, 06:46:50 pm »

Leaving this here so I don't have to try to remember things.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:00:09 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 05, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »

So what do you guys hope happens to your characters before we all die torturous deaths? I hope Melnakos gets turned into some magical and biological abomination. Maybe descend into madness. Although turning into a horrible abomination doesn't really help someone stay sane so if it does happen going insane will probably follow shortly afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 204