Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164755 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1800 on: October 01, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »

Probably. Keep in mind that the listed uses are not the only uses. Binding is manipulation of the concept of Bonds. Sealing is manipulation of the concept of Seals. Warding is manipulation of the concept of Wards. There's a hell of a lot you can do with a Concept.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:56 pm »

Are there other skills that are similar to Warding, Sealing, and Binding?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 01, 2016, 11:54:42 pm »

Some hightier casters of Illusion, enchanting, necromancy, invocation, and so on can create effects similar in effect to warding, sealing, and binding, but generally if you want to make sure it gets done properly, you'd want to use the real deal.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 02, 2016, 06:49:29 am »

I just want to say that Vigil might be equivilent of a You Adeptus Astarties. He might even go for 3 year old Primarch Levels of power. Might actually be a failed Primarch. . . . .
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 02, 2016, 07:08:21 am »

Just wait until he gets decked out in enchanted shit. Know how the elven militia was able to do something similar to bulletime via enhancements and enchantments? Think that, but with way way way more energy behind it.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 02, 2016, 07:41:35 am »

I've put my character's healing abilities as "Arcanism> Light> Healing", but seeing as this system seems to work, how would it be better described?  Something like "Arcanism> Biomancy> Healing"? "> Body"? Something different?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 02, 2016, 07:55:17 am »

Routes of healing include but are not limited to:

Elementalism>Life -Would heal by infusing Conceptual Life into a target as well as preventing Conceptual Death. Allowing for a Stasis style to stabilize while repairing the body.
Necromancy>Flesh -Would heal via reanimation and mending of dead and damaged flesh. Functionally Dead Man's Biomancy. You'd want Necromancy>Bone to repair bones this way.
Biomancy>Mending -Enhances natural regeneration and actively mends existing injuries. Biomancy tends towards biological themes with its concepts. Such as Mending, Infection, Transformation, and Growth.
Arcane>Rejection -As with all Arcane school castings, Conceptual Rejection uses a fundamental Concept. In this case 'Rejection' to make the wound never have happened.

Light>Healing/Mending would work cause you're using Conceptual Light to show someone Light. Light>Healing would be a very specific school for all intents and purposes and would likely have the strongest effects when 'Healing' darkness based entities out of existence or repairing and enhancing eyesight via literally showing a person 'Light.' A Light>Healing would be able to quite literally give people the gift of Light if they happen to be missing eyes for example. Other forms of literal healing Are possible with Light>Healing but you'd likely find it easier to 'Heal' problem entities out of existence via the process of 'They shouldn't be. Therefore they are the equivalent of a disease. Burning them out with Light is Healing existence.'

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 02, 2016, 08:30:31 am »

Right, I'll edit it to Biomancy>Mending then.

Since we're at the subject of magic, do the different schools have any actual similarity IC or are they just a way to make the descriptions more intuitive OOC?
Would studying another branch on a school we already have a more developed level be cheaper? As an example, let's say that I had Biomancy>Mending 2; would learning to actually reshape living flesh and bone with Biomancy>Transformation 1 be still Very Hard, or could the higher previous knowledge in biomancy lower the difficulty to just Hard?
What about transitioning between Arcanism and Occultism and vice-versa; would having Arcanism>Biomancy>Mending 2 give any kind of basis to develop Occultism>Biomancy>Mending 1?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:58:17 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 02, 2016, 10:40:58 am »

Arcane>Rejection

I have this image of Ace Attorney lawyers being able very effective magi.

What about transitioning between Arcanism and Occultism;

My understanding of the ruling is that normally it would be signficantly more difficult to do so as compared to Occultism to Arcanism, but Arkras has the resources to make it effectively a non-issue. We still need to spend the related XP costs though.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 02, 2016, 12:05:00 pm »

Arcane>Rejection
I have this image of Ace Attorney lawyers being able very effective magi.

The GM Rolls for damage, begins to describe the horrible effects of a 7.62x39mm round travelling at supersonic speed and impacting unarmored flesh.

Player rises from chair, points and declares "OBJECTION!"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 02, 2016, 12:58:42 pm »

I'm wondering if I could keep the spears instead of using them as soon as they are formed. like could I keep them floating near me or something like that with elementism?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:04:01 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 02, 2016, 01:07:09 pm »

If it's still in one piece, why not?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 02, 2016, 01:11:24 pm »

Ok. Thanks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 02, 2016, 01:13:06 pm »

Can I has an official position on my last post plz?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 02, 2016, 01:17:16 pm »

Can I has an official position on my last post plz?

What do you mean?

I mean, you and your team presumably is in an elevator heading down right now, we're just waiting for more people's reactions before I move along and they come back to see the fight started and ended without them. :P
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 204