Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164801 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1320 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:15 pm »

August the 8th was the IC OP.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 11, 2016, 02:29:22 am »

Insane. I want you to think about this in a way a normal human would react. Would you try to cut at this with a sword?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe the door, but even that will take a lot of precious time. Far more than a few minutes if I don't have an axe.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1322 on: July 11, 2016, 02:33:41 am »

Nope. A sword is not designed to cut wood. I'm guessing your next question was 'why did i try and jump over it?" Because I like going by rule of cool.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 11, 2016, 02:37:58 am »

My apologies insane, I meant that for Romans. Who said I should hack at the wall. What you did was. . . . Very stupid and a gross overestimation of your abilities. . . . But made sense for someone who just got so much power, and doesn't realize that it does not override skill.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 11, 2016, 03:46:09 am »

Well your sword can cut through concrete I remember no? I figured since you have the guts sword of the group, you should use it as such and I figure you have been training hard enough to anyway.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 11, 2016, 03:52:37 am »

If I messed up I apologize, but I thought your talon sword could do that.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1326 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:07 am »

Axes work at cutting through things (ie wood) because most of the weight is balanced in the head. Swords have it more evenly distributed, and the weight is balanced around the handle. All you would do to a sword is blunt it. Machetes cut through things because they are top-heavy.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 11, 2016, 04:02:26 am »

His fang sword can cut through rebar effortlessly my bad, but the weight of his sword is way heftier then any normal axe but if not oh well it was a thought.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 11, 2016, 04:35:31 am »

Ok. So we are dealing with a misunderstanding. Yes, my sword has that ability, but, does Vigil have that ability?

a normal human would react.
That is the key part, in this case. Vigil has no evidence to really say he isn't anything more than a gifted, but normal human being. No reason to believe he has the herculean straight needed to rip straight through a tree, much less a palisade. And, to be honest, statwise, he doesn't. He is only barely stronger than someone who weight trains very regularly. For him, he isn't swinging his sword, as much as throwing it around.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 11, 2016, 06:44:22 am »

That is true. But you've witnessed the claw of what you turned into a sword effortlessly pierce through the multi-layer steel alloy of a modern APC.

So there is a good chance that if you throw your sword really, Really hard at it's general direction, you'd slice it. Maybe? Probably. Might need like, 2 swings and a kick to cut a square hole into it, though.

But yes, I suggest investing into more skills and strength. Strength isn't as important for a sword as an Axe, though, and Skill will benefit you either way.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1330 on: July 11, 2016, 07:05:03 am »

I think Zach is FUBAR... unless someone tries... I believe that Frazz's downforce pushed me away from the village or into it?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 11, 2016, 07:10:05 am »

Into it.

Also I recommends not trying to cast spells when your body is so heavily damaged, you won't be able to concentrate enough to cast anything and will be wasting the turn anyway.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:36 am »

Do we have a med kit?

Also Zach is now Vader without the suit or need for a rebreather.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1333 on: July 11, 2016, 07:20:42 am »

Into it.

Also I recommends not trying to cast spells when your body is so heavily damaged, you won't be able to concentrate enough to cast anything and will be wasting the turn anyway.
A force push shouldn't be too hard though, should it? I mean, compared to attempting fine manipulation, just a wall of power to get the danger AWAY should be the body's natural response. Nonetheless, retconning.

And retconned.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:26:54 am by Insanegame27 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 11, 2016, 07:32:08 am »

Sir. Next time you brake a bone, I want you to try to recite you favorite line from your favourite show. Out loud. Without messing up. What will seem like a simple task of focus gets harder as information tries to flood you mind of how much pain and where it's located, and if you might be dieing, or not.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 204