Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164681 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness
« Reply #1050 on: March 07, 2016, 07:58:52 pm »

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
Yes, but if you resist i shall strike

A devastating blow!

Leaving you with

Ringing ears, blurred vision, the end is near.

For i am Opulent and Imperial, and i gaze Proudly on my stoic perch above you plebes.

((I challenge thee to a Narrator Quote-off!!!)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1051 on: March 07, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »

Tal's entirely expecting the people who are supposed to take apart the castle to die horribly because the company totally overestimated the ability of a group of completely untrained interns to use warding to a sufficient level to counter the entity. Tal however is a Darwinist and is entirely content with letting nature take its course before demanding a higher income for having to clean up the company's fuckup when he had it completely in the bag.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 07, 2016, 08:11:42 pm »

Fun thing to note, the whole ordeal with the Charlie Five-Ohs have never been brought up ever again.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 07, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »

I think everyone interested decided that it wasn't worth focusing on it. Tal has a few things planned for dealing with the perpetrator later but not something to focus on right now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 07, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »

Fun thing to note, the whole ordeal with the Charlie Five-Ohs have never been brought up ever again.
corporate espionage isnt really that big a deal. Now, say, if these 5-0s started mimicing our tech we got from the portal EXALT-Style, then wed have a problem.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 07, 2016, 10:00:16 pm »

I'm rather certain the 5-0's originated from our own employers. Prolly one of the higher ups who got too big for his britches. Possibly one specific one that has it out for one member of the team and who will be really easy to identify if we want to get rid of said higher up via magical means.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1056 on: March 07, 2016, 10:11:43 pm »

Zachary would like to express that he only bedded the higher up's wife twice... Ok, thrice... or more.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 07, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »

I'm rather certain the 5-0's originated from our own employers. Prolly one of the higher ups who got too big for his britches. Possibly one specific one that has it out for one member of the team and who will be really easy to identify if we want to get rid of said higher up via magical means.
Maybe the one Frazz drugged in order to get permission to become part of the team!
Well, i doubt much will happen now. The hitmen were told theyd be taking on a team of military trained personel. Theres probably a lot of times someone gets that job. Now if you asked a random mercenary to take down a team of military personnel and a dragon? I doubt most hitmen would be volunteering
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 07, 2016, 10:51:30 pm »

So lets go over the details. They both stated they were employed by the corp. The corporate enabled cyberwarfare attempt ended in the corp frying its own servers in an attempt to both attack itself and defend itself from its own attacks, Hmmmm. They're clone soldiers. The corp is a bioengineering megacorp first and foremost, there's a reason growing new arms is cheap and easy for corporate personal. They're clone soldiers. They had literally no reason to lie on account of being clone soldiers. They were not aware of who they were attacking. They have stated they are employed by the corp. Did I mention they're clone soldiers?

It's pretty obvious which person is responsible. The only issue with initiating an arcane retaliation is getting the bugger's picture. That's literally it. We get his picture or a visage of him and it's GG for the guy.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 07, 2016, 11:23:20 pm »

Zander will want to do it still, and I figuured out why he would turn to Akkaris instead of his family. He did something to get disowned and these people are trying to eliminate the main family and use Zander to take over. Something like that anyway.

Oh vkiNm some ideas

-Since we've been so successful, maybe the entities have been talking with one another. So maybe our drones won't work anymore as they are or other things.
- Or maybe just unfair events, we've been able to predict pretty much whatever comings our way. But shit happens and Murphy's law is a bitch, maybe the gate fails and we're stuck on the other side. Or our transport crashes, shit happens.

-Something opening the gate from the other side kinda like stargate.

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 07, 2016, 11:35:38 pm »

I'm gonna say that first idea is awful. Just going "Rocks Fall Have Some Bullshit" is crap and it's why people got pissed during the very first castle. Punishing players for no reason is stupid and is a fast way to kill interest. Trust me, you most definitely would not enjoy it happening and would not find it fun.

The second idea has already been proposed and is a good idea. The rulebook has a bunch of stuff relating to three other races. We may as well use it. As also has been previously proposed is not all the Castles need to be combat. It's pretty obvious Entities and Dwellers are capable of sapience. And who's to say there aren't a few places that slipped through the cracks and ended up in their own realms? Hell. Take it one step further and have groups intentionally slipping through the cracks to have places that are theirs and theirs alone. I could very easily see a few arcanists and occultists carving out a spot for themselves between realities instead of dealing with the lesser masses.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:30:57 am by Kevak »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness
« Reply #1061 on: March 08, 2016, 01:58:27 am »

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
Yes, but if you resist i shall strike

A devastating blow!

Leaving you with

Ringing ears, blurred vision, the end is near.

For i am Opulent and Imperial, and i gaze Proudly on my stoic perch above all you interns

((I challenge thee to a Narrator Quote-off!!!)
((As much as i want to derail the thread because that sounds fun....i cant really do a full on quote off..still enjoy this))
Ah i see but i have more then myself to fight you for as the fend falls a faint hope blossoms and even though you are a dragon prodigious size alone does not diswade the sharpened blade as i will press this advantage and give you no quarter.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:00:55 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1062 on: March 08, 2016, 02:10:20 am »

I see your feeble attempts and raise you Lamar Hall's Terminate

Fun fact: Anchor tags don't work here.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 08, 2016, 07:40:51 am »

I would fear VK if i was you, else we be ambushed by foul invention!. As his Cruel machinations spring to life, with a singular purpose.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1064 on: March 08, 2016, 07:47:49 am »

I would fear VK if i was you, else we be ambushed by foul invention!. As his Cruel machinations spring to life, with a singular purpose.
Ahh, but do you not see? Necessity is the mother of all invention and it is a fundamental quality of Man, that when faced with extinction: Every alternative is preferable.
So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called "free world", but take heed... there will be no victory in strength.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 204