Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164657 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #975 on: February 21, 2016, 03:18:57 pm »

Something very important to note for rping as a chemist, do some research on how drugs react together. A hell of a lot of the incidents could have been avoided if you had rudimentary knowledge of how numerous chems reacted and the doses to administer. This applies to pretty much any profession. Someone who's rping as a coder needs to have at least basic understanding of general concepts relating to it, a doctor rper needs to have general understanding of first aid (No practical experience needed, just reading suffices for general knowledge), a person rping as a surgeon should probably have Wikipedia open so they can look up specifics as needed, and so on.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:04 pm »

Like how I needed to learn some of the proper uses of a long sword. . . . I don't like long swords. Too big to use gracefully.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 21, 2016, 03:41:10 pm »

It's very hard to rp as something without basic knowledge and a wiki open to be totally honest. I normally have wikipedia open to at least three different pages at any given time.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 26, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »

Looks like if things goes your way, things such as powered exo-skeleton may be commonplace for Foxhound!

So. Recoil-dampening powered exo-skeleton, protective VR helmet and a semi-automatic Assault Gauss Rifle.

Spoiler: Thoughts? (click to show/hide)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 26, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Not enough heresy, fox ears, and occultism. Also probably too bulky to be convenient for the more mobile fighters and magi(Vigil and the noncombat personal such as Tal, Jon, and Zach, and Leo.)

Zach would probably do best with some form of EW suite and battlefield awareness built into his suit. He is afterall a hacker.

Vigil would probably do best with a high mobility, possibly something with active camo.

Jon prolly would do best with one built for medic duty.

Tal and Leo would probably want something geared towards amplifying magic. Tal specifically would want his to also be geared towards battlefield awareness and order relaying due to his primary role as the tactician.

Maximus would likely do well with that suit. He's a frontline fighter afterall.

Aria I have no idea what she'd do well with. Both heavy and light could work. She's primarily functioned as a sniper similar to Jenny so far, but she could absolutely be a midrange fighter if she wanted.

Jenny would do best with a light. Snipers need accuracy and mobility to get good aiming angles.

Frazz being a dragon would need something very different. A spine bracing is a start. Probably roboarms for fine item manipulation.

Arthur would do well with a heavy suit. Mid to frontline fighter.

Am I missing someone? I feel like I'm missing someone.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:31:00 pm by Kevak »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #980 on: February 26, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »

I want mine to have a jetpack and stealth suite. After all, if someone shoots the door controls I need some way to get to the other side of the chasm to turn on the bridge. ((blatant Star Wars reference))

Aria I could see in a heavy mech toting an oversized Gauss cannon.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 26, 2016, 03:48:21 pm »

Aria doesn't really fight from any particular range, I think. It's more "from what range can she reasonably hit something with the Gauss rifle"

Aria I could see in a heavy mech toting an oversized Gauss cannon.
Yes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 26, 2016, 04:06:31 pm »

Yes, robotic arms, a full skeletal restructuring. Yeesh, this is gonna be expensive.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 26, 2016, 04:50:03 pm »

Not currently sure what Zander would go with, and it was me I'm always forgotten :( lol
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 26, 2016, 05:03:01 pm »

Dex was also forgotten. But you can probably ignore him. My brother seems to lose interest in forum games rather quickly.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #985 on: February 26, 2016, 05:10:09 pm »

The thing that confused me most when I read the forum was that Romans (The player) was not playing the Roman (Maximus)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 26, 2016, 05:15:50 pm »

Yeah.....Should've gone with a roman name, but I wanted a cowboy. Been reading the dark tower series a lot so yeah.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 26, 2016, 06:57:55 pm »

Yeah.....Should've gone with a roman name, but I wanted a cowboy. Been reading the dark tower series a lot so yeah.
YES TRIPPIEST EPIC EVER! EDDIES A DOUCHE!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 26, 2016, 09:06:30 pm »

Lol right freaking awesome, I hope he levels out a little in book 5.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 26, 2016, 10:22:24 pm »

Lol right freaking awesome, I hope he levels out a little in book 5.
Blaine Is A Pain!!!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 204