Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164650 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #945 on: February 12, 2016, 02:12:16 am »

Like...

Like from a medieval Catapult...?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #946 on: February 12, 2016, 02:15:07 am »

Like...

Like from a medieval Catapult...?
Like that exactly, but y'know, as a gauss (or other way of transporting a 'care package'-esque item (I was thinking very strong lockers as opposed to a 'care package' from COD)) based system
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 12, 2016, 02:23:45 am »

There's 3 delivery methods that might be possible.

Gunpowder-based cannon where you load gunpowder and then load whatever you wanted deliver into the barrel..

Gauss, which will accelerate your package to about three times the speed of sound or more..

and a giant, elastic slingshot of sort. All of which sounds equally ridiculous.

or, you know, you could strap a parachute ontop of the goods and kick it out the open back of the transport flying overhead..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #948 on: February 12, 2016, 02:29:21 am »

There's 3 delivery methods that might be possible.

Gunpowder-based cannon where you load gunpowder and then load whatever you wanted deliver into the barrel.. I don't like this one

Gauss, which will accelerate your package to about three times the speed of sound or more.. Gauss guns can be made to shoot slower

and a giant, elastic slingshot of sort. All of which sounds equally ridiculous.This one and the gunpowder one are more ridiculous than the underclocked/reduced power Gauss

or, you know, you could strap a parachute ontop of the goods and kick it out the open back of the transport flying overhead. No comment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 12, 2016, 02:37:26 am »

a small, Gauss rifle already costs 30 units of money to shoot a foot long stake.

just exactly how big do you want the cargo to be anyway? because the company will either have to get R&D to make you the delivery system, spending time and research on it, or remove a turret from a modern Gauss tank or a Naval Gauss cannon from a modern warship and find a way to reduce it's power while still making it work.

None of which your Company have access to.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #950 on: February 12, 2016, 02:47:58 am »

What about a pressure cannon? A 0.5mx0.5mx2.5m gun case wouldn't take too much power to fire, and it'd be even smaller for smaller weapons like pistols.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 12, 2016, 02:53:20 am »

What's the point of launching delicate supplies in the first place?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 12, 2016, 02:59:52 am »

What's the point of launching delicate supplies in the first place?

My thoughts exactly.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #953 on: February 12, 2016, 03:11:50 am »

Fine, I'll drop it.

EDIT no pun intended

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 12, 2016, 08:14:18 am »

Fine, I'll drop it.

EDIT no pun intended

DAMN SON!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #955 on: February 19, 2016, 01:30:49 am »

What I have so far for the manual: https://mega.nz/#!GghFjabR!qJmRyNGRG9A677-ETnBQ5sumAUjmQlbs_QQOnDneyg8

Just unzip it and open 'Castle.html'
Its nowhere near done yet, but that's what I have. If anyone could put up some pictures of castles all with the same dimensions in a picture-rotating thingy like signavatar for me, that'd be great.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 20, 2016, 05:24:38 am »

The lack of sleep is getting to Tal. Although he's probably handling it better then the majority of random people in the camp. He is afterall used to this kind of shit.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #957 on: February 20, 2016, 05:28:01 am »

OOCly do you agree with me that it may be contagious? I'm trying to make Zach make logic mistakes too, but saying that it is absolutely not possible for it to be contagious is like saying magic has no chance of being real in-universe.

Alternatively when Tal said that he would sign the kill paper for everyone when there was a possibility that the memetic entity that Arthur blew up was contagious. Zach's suggestion of quarintine is nowhere near the same level of drasticity that Tal's suggestion of 'Kill everyone' was.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:36:49 am by Insanegame27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 20, 2016, 05:35:57 am »

OOCly I think that it really doesn't matter if it's contagious or not. If it's a Class 6 memetic virus like it would have to be to infect the whole camp without a single memetic symbol being drawn by anyone then there's absolutely no way whatsoever to prevent it from spreading through the gate with or without our involvement.

If it needed a host then it simply would hop aboard one of the transports during a supply run during construction of the camp. Meaning Earthside would already be infected.

If it didn't need a host then Earthside got infected the moment the portal opened.

It's definitely not something possible to contain if it actually is a Class 6 Memetic Hazard like it would need to be to display the demonstrated traits. So in the end, the question is "How badly does this memetic hazard fuck us longterm?" not "Can we prevent it from spreading?" The answer to the first question is "A month of sleepless nights and then no real inconvenience." The answer to the second is "We can't. It'll spread through airsealed steel walls."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #959 on: February 20, 2016, 05:39:14 am »

But for what we know for fact is that if it is a memetic virus we need to stop it from spreading to Earth if it has not already done so. Is there anything else Zach said that you didn't agree with?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 204