Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164484 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #360 on: December 02, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »

Reducing my dex by one gives me two points (I think. I have no idea and would like help here) and dropping my con by 2 gives me four. Increasing a skill by one takes 2 points AFAIK, but I am not sure. I am probably wrong.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:54:39 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:05 pm »

I think the stats need clarification. I am partly unsure of them as well.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:51 pm »

I think you start at all the attribute stats starting at 10. And then you can adjust them to your liking, but with no stat going lower than 8 or higher than 12.

Like you could take 2 out of STR and put that in INT, I believe.

Then you have 15 points to spend on skills and stats that can go beyond 12.

Then you have 25 credit points to spend on gear and such.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2015, 09:22:29 pm »

So the highest starting stat is 12? The front page in the IC thread said we could have one stat above twelve.

Also throwing knives? Are they a thing? Do they come in packs?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »

Remathsed the thing. I /should/ be OK. Can someone tell me if it is otherwise?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can someone tell me if I did it right? I am trying to go for a computer nerd who likes knives

Also suggestions:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:44:31 pm by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2015, 10:12:37 pm »

The highest starting stat is 12, yes. But you can use the given points to buy more into it instead of skills if you want.

And throwing knives are a thing, we'll homebrew it's stats, don't worry. If you can find me an example, we can figure out the price for a pack of them.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »

I do like these: http://www.jd-guns.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/93131840427591.jpg
Maybe have throwing knives in a threepack for one money? I think they should do half the honor knife in melee but slightly more than it thrown.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:12 pm »

Hmm.. a 3 pack of knives for one unit of money.. well, I think that's possible what with it probably being minted by the thousands in a factory somewhere.
Don't expect it to be anything amazing, though. Might even have to sharpen it yourself.

And the range of throwing and damage/armor Pen modifiers are going to be largely up to your Strength, and Dex for if it's going to hit anything at all.

Say, why are you choosing to go with a throwing knife, anyway?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »

Make sure to grab a gun or Tal will yell at you and make you get one. Same goes for armor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2015, 10:47:19 pm »

Because I am trying to make a guy who cannot fight head on (the pistol I gave him is a token weapon, not expected to get used much) who instead relies on his smarts to get him out of trouble. He grew up liking knives and throwing them and became gud with them. Also editing my char sheet again.

NINJA'd: I grabbed the weakest cheapest pistol (the baretta) and I have all the free armours

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2015, 10:49:44 pm »

Possibly my finalised sheet

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:32 pm »

You don't need to be able to aim when there is a horde charging at you. Point and shoot. Tal's still gonna yell at you if you aren't armed with at least a pistol. You'll probably be mostly utilized for EM Warfare and 'acquiring' funds.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:20 pm »

You don't need to be able to aim when there is a horde charging at you. Point and shoot. Tal's still gonna yell at you if you aren't armed with at least a pistol. You'll probably be mostly utilized for EM Warfare and 'acquiring' funds.

The FBI doesn't let system analysts use guns IRL for good reasons. Not even a pistol. ((Thank you Quantico for that tidbit)).
All Zach is is a systems analyst. Sure he knows how to use his knives, but that's squat against anyone with basic armor.Zach is a support unit, to put it in gamey terms
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:01:05 pm by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2015, 11:43:22 pm »

I've come up with a reason why an IT Techie ended up in a squad going into a world where little to no Computers exists.

He pissed off the wrong guy, and they get him assigned to the next squad that's going to head through the gate.

That squad happens to be Foxhound, the squad that, so far, have not lost a single member and has a failure rating of 0% [If you don't count the first disastrous mission, that is.]

What do you think? By now Zach should know of his fate that he's going to be sent through the gate where so many people just kinda dies or never returned.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:18 pm »

I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 204