Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164647 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2016, 05:46:03 am »

What we know for a fact is it affects dreams and is is probably a psionic or occult attack of some kind. The same thing occurred during the last visit, just with less maliciousness. We know that the dreams are specifically intended to break moral and stress the troops, preventing them from doing their job. This implies the Entity preforming the psionic attack knows we're here and changed the original "Generally unsettling, ominous, and somewhat informative" dream influencing field to "Break their will to fight" mode.

We do not know for a fact that it is contagious. We know for a fact that if it is actually contagious earth's already caught it and there's no sense whatsoever in worrying about it. We know that if it isn't contagious then there's no sense in worrying about it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 21, 2016, 01:24:54 am »

Frazz, it will help you a lot if you change your 'medical' skill, to the point equivalent in either first aid, or esoteric medicine
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 21, 2016, 01:56:22 am »

Tal is not pleased with Frazz in the slightest. Very simple common sense should not need to be spelled out. The fact that he not only needed to spell it out, but Frazz still went and did what he was explicitly told not to do, especially when there were medical professionals who actually are trained in dealing with problem patients present, is absurd. Frazz honestly deserves all the shit he gets and more. Both OOCly and ICly.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #963 on: February 21, 2016, 01:59:11 am »

Frazz... What is his intelligence stat? That /may/ explain it slightly if it's an 8 or whatnot, but someone who is a chemist-by-trade should have a higher than average score. I explain Zach's childish moments with multiple personality disorder, and I only do it when there's no actual danger.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 21, 2016, 02:07:47 am »

If I recall, his stat was somewhere between 10 and 12. Maybe higher. Not certain.

Even with an intelligence of 8, one should be capable of following common sense. Especially when it's spelled out in clear, straightforward, carefully worded rules. I mean look at Arthur, he doesn't need half as much babysitting as Frazz had, he's got intelligence of 8 and he's overall very functional, a lil eccentric sure, but when it comes down to it, he's the fun guy who likes musicals and shoots shit if it becomes dangerous. Arthur is a very sensible person when you look at it.

If we had a wisdom stat, that's the stat that Frazz would be lacking in. Frazz would rank a solid 4 wisdomwise at best. Likely more like a 2 or 1. He does stupid shit on impulse even when told explicitly not to do it. At this point ICly it makes no sense to keep him in the squad. OOCly I feel bad saying that but it's really not something that makes sense. Making a new character and carrying over the skillpoints seems like the most sensible thing to do.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 21, 2016, 04:15:36 am »

Well it just makes it hard to write, because the shite you do sometimes. You're acting like your character can do all this stuff, and when you try you make things worse.

That being said you do have some skill in chemistry and medicine, but there are also far more qualified people to handle this situation. Two consult with us before you do shit like that, you only 2 points in chem and 1 in medicine. You fuck up a roll and you can kill someone, so please run things by us from now on like that. The situation didn't really call for something like that anyways.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 21, 2016, 08:05:27 am »

I roleplay Aria's low Intelligence stat as less her being unintelligent, more her not having much in the way of intuition and initiative.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:55 am »

I feel as though we are laying it down kind of think on porkins. Deserved or not. We should lay down some ground rules for him as a player to help him fit into this kind of situation, better. My personal one is to expect EVERYTHING to need a roll. From walking, to fighting a building sized Kaiju.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 21, 2016, 08:16:58 am »

It may not be totally obvious due to the general success of the party, but this is a High Lethality System. Just read the what happened in the first Castle. We didn't use tactics and we got utterly fucked over by it. Given there was a bit of Rocks Fall and Everybody Dies railroading there, but the point stands.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 21, 2016, 08:19:15 am »

I have a feeling that all it takes is one critical failure roll on Frazz's end for shit to really hit the fan for Porkins.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 21, 2016, 08:21:33 am »

It already has, considering that if Aria finds out about the thing with Vigil then he is going to have to figure out some very good reasons for her not to shoot him. And even if she doesn't, Frazz has been arrested already and is probably out of Foxhound.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 21, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »

Well then. Looks like we'll be stumbling across Frazz's corpse when we get to the Castle.
Sigtext!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 21, 2016, 02:57:42 pm »

I think some people can appreciate Frazz trying for a glorious death in battle as opposed to captivity. He'll be dining in the halls of Valhalla.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 21, 2016, 03:09:26 pm »

Prison sentences for unlicensed malpractice are somewhere around 20ish years for a single count. Maybe more maybe less. Not really versed in law and I'm definitely not versed in futurelaw.

Seriously though Porkins. Just make a new character that's saner. You've backed Frazz into a corner, and despite multiple GM interventions and out of character giving of extra chances, Frazz as a character never shaped up. Nobody has a vendetta against you OOCly, it's the character that's the problem. GM interventions only go so far when you actively have your character behave like he has, and acting out of character to allow Frazz to continue acting like a lunatic only works so many times. Just make a new character, nobody will fault you for it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 21, 2016, 03:10:46 pm »

Agreed on the above.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 204