Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164636 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #900 on: February 01, 2016, 10:34:07 pm »

My only complaint is that this doesn't really capture the feel of the web series. Rather than Leroy Jenkins it with Uzis with infinite ammo and katanas, instead we use military vehicles and *gasp* tactics. There tends to be a lack of suspense since all of our sieges rarely give the impression that it might fail. Boss fights are still suspenseful though, I have to admit.

This last flaw can simply be chalked up to a difference between the two combat styles: Combat as Sport, and Combat as War (your are CaW btw)

I also liked the way the previous Gm described the castles better. He mentioned stuff like runes on the wall and statues and stairs the size of giants. It was a nice bit of environmental storytelling.

That's all my criticism for now. Your game is still good and it has greatly improved since my last post with constructive criticism.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 01, 2016, 10:49:13 pm »

I'm thinking drastic variations in the castles would be nice. Each one is in its own pocket dimension. Presumably there's an infinite number of said pocket dimensions. What's stopping some of the variations to have fully sapient occupants? Or maybe not even castles. A carnival with sapient dorf fort style clowns would be very neat. Hell, some missions might not even have directly hostile people, a village in a forest shrouded in mist. A small town that slipped through the cracks. And so on. Could be alternate forms of malignance or none at all.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:37 pm »

^ This is an Idea I can work on. :D

And hey, with better Gate Technologies, who knows?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #903 on: February 02, 2016, 02:04:38 am »

Is it only me or do some of the images in the guidebook not work? In the equipment tables many links to images are broken.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:20 am »

The Guildbook is ancient. I'm not surprised that some of the images doesn't work anymore. We'll see about updating them in the new book.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 02, 2016, 05:58:44 am »

I don't see why we can't add another person into the squad. It's more progressive Firepower, after all! :D

Survive long enough and he'll become the awesomes like the rest of the squad. :3

Awesome! So when can I expect to be added in? Fluff for addition to the squad might be transfer after the last eldrintern incident.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 02, 2016, 09:10:11 am »

Yeah, you can start showing up now. We'll say the Higher Ups decided that Foxhound can use another sane guy with the guns. They'll officially include you in a briefing before the mission later, though. But you can start introducing yourself to people already.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 02, 2016, 10:06:41 am »

A better, I feel, way of putting it is that they feel, due to the recent incidents, higher ups think that talk needs more hands at the ready to lead his growing group of trigger happy idiots to a success. Plus, training gate crew is expensive. Importing them from other countries is also costly.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:50 am »

I would like for their to be a master sheet with everyones character, skills, and equipment. That would be easy during planning
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:11 am »

If everyone can compile their updated sheets for me and send it to me via PM or something, I can edit one of my posts in the first page to include everyone's sheet.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 02, 2016, 10:36:11 am »

If you want, I can use the bestiary on the front page of this, to that effect. Its sitting there taking up space, anyway.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 02, 2016, 11:12:17 am »

Yeah, that'd be great.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 04, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

Hey guys.

I haven't posted in a while. The reason why is because second semester is harder than I thought so because of this, I don't think I can play for much longer.

Sorry

I might come back but not now. Just assume Arthur figured out a way to stay behind and is still working with the interns on the musical.

Also in fear of this being relevant, Arthur is not a muscular guy. His physique is slimmer and he focuses more on dexterity.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 04, 2016, 07:28:15 pm »

I am sorry to hear that, but, I understand that more important things come first. Hopefully, and likely, your character and this game will be here on your return. Just, when you get a little free time, try to keep read with what's happening, it will help you to reintegrate yourself with the group, however it expands. That was the mistake I made with Enstine Roulette.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 04, 2016, 08:59:59 pm »

You can burst back into the scene with a full musical team whenever you can. :)
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 204