Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164486 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2015, 12:03:03 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Int is actually 2x as good for humans as Str. You can have 12.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2015, 04:06:27 pm »

Remember that even if we're in-between missions, the game is still running and you can do things on this side as well, such as what Kevak did by talking to some higher-ups! :D

You can always see about talking to others, might get hints, ideas, tips or something.

Being Buddies with the Pilot are usually a good idea too maybe? :D
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:36 pm »

Does the pilot get assigned to a squad? Would think they just pick one at random.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »

Well, I will let you know this, your mission had the most piolet deaths in any. . . . .  Though not the most.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »

You get assigned to squads until you die, then somebody replaces you.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »

Also, whenever you're ready, just say so here and I'll bring us all in when we've got everyone. :D

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »

On a different note, I cannot see a falling ceiling being that deadly. Nor can I see a collapsing statue being that deadly. Rocks do not heatseak. The only way for nearly everyone to have been hit is if magic heatseaking rocks happened. Purrhaps you should not do something like that when it's functionally impossible.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2015, 05:32:52 am »

I know, right? It really felt like 'Rock falls, everyone is hurt.' on the last castle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2015, 05:45:10 am »

It basically felt like unavoidable hand of god "you're all gonna get hurt" damage. Damage should never be unavoidable.

Provided you are cautious, well armed, heavily armored, and overprepared at least. If you blindly run in, you should expect damage. If you're careful, you should not be damaged. There is a huge difference between brutally hard and bullshit. Look at Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup or Demons Souls as examples. Every single time you die, there is a reason. An avoidable reason but still a reason. You could make one mistake and get yourself killed, but in the end, your deaths are your fault.

That is how this should play. There should never be a "You get hurt unavoidably cause why not." That's not fun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2015, 08:25:49 am »

Don't worry, :P I won't boast and say that I'm a good DM or anything, I'll let you see that yourself.

Just keep it in mind that the one who ran the first castle and the one running this one is a different person.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2015, 01:04:47 pm »

I know I'm biased (be cause I didn't get hurt) but the damage was not unavoidable- you just had to roll well. What it was is unpredictable.
I, however, have a suspicion (or hope, I guess) that there was something about it on the wall, like "If you touch the statue of Elder Gods in the next room the ceiling will fall and crush all of you", and team Beta triggered it (while we were doing our scans of steps and walls and whatever else). Still not the best idea to have undetected traps be triggered by NPCs we have no control over, but there was at least one good way out of that scenario.

P.S. so what about those course? I want to turn some of my share of the money into skills, is this a thing?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2015, 01:11:14 pm »

I don't think money into skills is a thing. Also prolly shouldn't be a thing. You have four months to train your skills. Use it~ 4 xp and 4 months.

Priority for spending has already been posted by Tal. This should cover all the essentials, and provided we don't get ourselves killed this next mission, we will have spending money for frivolous things. Like robots, shiny guns, and better armor.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2015, 01:24:24 pm »

I'm not taking a flak vest. Even less so a trauma plate. I just don't have the carrying capacity for it.
That being said, the money has to got towards restocking bandages (the first ones were free, but I gather from the chart that new ones are 5* a pop?)

Also, zomara0292, may I suggest we add something about looking for new players into the main thread title? We're not likely to get replacements otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:27:46 pm by a1s »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2015, 01:30:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure you have the carrying capacity for it, due to the whole, complete lack of weight being calculated for anything. Also you wear them. You don't carry them.

My assumption is that parts of loadout a designated "Free" are the first one in a loadout is free and additional ones added to that loadout cost money.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2015, 03:12:34 pm »

@Kevak

That would make a lot of sense, yeah. With the first one in a loadout being free and whatnot.

And I agree on posting something on the main thread to get some fresh recruits to be your designated tactical ablative armor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 204