Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164626 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #870 on: January 30, 2016, 09:38:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:09:34 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 30, 2016, 09:43:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hard skills costs 3 points per level.

It goes as following

Easy = 1 point
Average = 2 points
Hard = 3 points
VERY Hard = 4 points.

And Sure, you can have someone 3D print you a Glock 18, and I suppose Bows and some Arrows could go at 2*

Three Throwing Axes could go at 1* Too if they're the smaller variants.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #872 on: January 30, 2016, 09:49:22 am »

Muscle Range Weapons are listed in the rulebook as average skills, if I'm not mistaken.

Found it

†Muscle Range Weapons - DEX/A - Ability to use Bow: such as any hand drawn string weapon, such as the longbow, shortbow, and all similar bows.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:55:10 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 30, 2016, 09:57:55 am »

Craft: Electronics Operation 3 (A hard skill to learn. Cost 2 points to gain (Cost 2x1+2, or 4 points to upgrade)) 8 points

I was talking about this.

You seems to be missing a point for it.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2016, 10:09:45 am »

Fixed, I think

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 30, 2016, 10:25:32 am »

Not sure. I think int starts at 10 and you get a +2 to your HP.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 30, 2016, 11:02:48 am »

Yeah, all stats start at 10. And I'm pretty sure a point of INT costs like 20 points (fakeedit: just checked, all races need to spend 20 points to get a point in INT (guess it makes sense, increasing your smarts is harder than improving your body. I think we can drop the cost of DEX a little though, humans aren't that clumsy), according to the rulebook.

Oh, and I think we decided that health starts at 15 somewhere at the beginning.

VkiNm, how advanced are prosthetics? I'm thinking I could get Jon a bionic arm. I even could draw runes on it without compromising my body!

And how is that new rulebook going? Anything I can do to help out?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 30, 2016, 11:16:58 am »

Speaking of the new rulebook, can you at least post the rules that govern gaining a new skill or stat? So far I've just been improvising and spending points based on an arbitrary cost derived from what Kevak does. You can just paste is as a spoiler in this thread.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 30, 2016, 11:50:29 am »

I'll plop a copypasta of that in here when I get on my computer in a few minutes.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:09 am »

Yeah, all stats start at 10. And I'm pretty sure a point of INT costs like 20 points (fakeedit: just checked, all races need to spend 20 points to get a point in INT (guess it makes sense, increasing your smarts is harder than improving your body. I think we can drop the cost of DEX a little though, humans aren't that clumsy), according to the rulebook.

Oh, and I think we decided that health starts at 15 somewhere at the beginning.

VkiNm, how advanced are prosthetics? I'm thinking I could get Jon a bionic arm. I even could draw runes on it without compromising my body!

And how is that new rulebook going? Anything I can do to help out?

The Bionics are good. Think Adam Jensen from Deus Ex good.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 30, 2016, 11:54:43 am »

Here's VkiNm's post.
Okay, so I found this in the book.

"A 'skill' is a particular kind of knowledge; for instance, judo, physics, auto mechanics, or a death spell. Every skill is separate, though some skills help you to learn others. Just as in real life, you start your career with some skills and can learn more if you spend time training.
A number called 'skill level' measures your ability with each of your skills: the higher the number, the greater your skill. For instance, 'Shortsword-17' means a skill level of 17 with the shortsword."

and

"Difficulty Level
Some fields demand more study and practice than others. Four 'difficulty levels' to rate the effort required to learn and improve a skill. The more difficult the skill, the more points you must spend to buy it at a given skill level."

So going with that, a Pistol skill is an Easy skill. And takes 1 Point to learn per 1 level.
A Medium arms is an Average skill, and takes 2 points to learn per 1 level.
Explosive arms are Hard, and takes 3 points to learn per 1 level.

And if you have 4 points to spare, you could get a level of Bullet-time dodge, which is a 'Very hard' skill and dodge motherfuckin' bullets without using cover.

Vigil already spent time and points on bullet-dodging, it'll be good to see your Character training to get those skills that you've brought in-game. :D

So when you have 9 points, you of course could go pure Pistol and be a really good with the thing at level 9.
Or you can take 3 levels in explosive arms and shoot grenade launchers with trained hands instead.
Or 4 levels of Medium arms and make any regular military rifleman proud.

I think this way leveling easy skills will be rather painless, while harder skills are still able to get really, Really good at without the skill cost ramping up too high while still being a challenge to get up there.

Plus without the cost price rising up, you can either choose to focus on a group of skills or spread out even more and have a few easy skills to go along.

And not to mention how easy it would be to implement new skills! It'd just be giving me a name, and I say if it's an Easy skill, an Average skill, a Hard skill or a Very hard skill.

What do you guys think?

Also we're so putting this in the new book to make it clear and easy to understand. :D
And here's how I read the way skill ups work.
Quote from: Rulebook
Every two points put to a skill increases it by one more from the default.
The way I'm reading this:

For easy skills lvl 1-2 - 1 point per level, lvl 3-4 - 2 points per level, lvl 5-6 - 3 points, and so on.

It'd increase the same way for medium, hard and very hard.
It makes sense, since it gets harder and harder to master a skill.

The Bionics are good. Think Adam Jensen from Deus Ex good.
How much would one cost?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 30, 2016, 12:11:21 pm »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 30, 2016, 10:13:58 pm »

I admit. I am still completely stupefied after hours after Frazz's action. It's like everything just stopped, someone shutted the Valve and I can't get a single thing written out and I'm not sure why.

Send help.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 30, 2016, 11:19:15 pm »

I'm going to sleep now so probably not me.

Edit: just read Frazz's action and I wanted to comment on how hilarious this is.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:24:05 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »

Sorry about not posting today, guys. Work's been terrible to me and I'm horribly stressed.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 204