Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164622 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #855 on: January 25, 2016, 10:33:34 am »

For the rosetta stone, you could just do what Tal does and have an army of Intern Slaves.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2016, 01:17:17 pm »

So I've been thinking of running a side adventure along with Foxhound. Maybe Intern life, maybe another squad of another company, or maybe government spec ops tasked to infiltrate, uncover and possibly kill people/stuff/sabotage things on Akras. Might even get to fight Foxhound.

Kinda like having two teams of player going head-on against each others like those old Arms race games.

Though the other team will probably be more of a bonus thing more than an actual game, since unless they're also a Gates team, they probably won't be able to find Foxhound when they're out on a gate mission.

And if they're tasked to kill Foxhound, it'll probably be crumbstomped by Foxhound who has unnaturally high stats for human and Eldritch bullshit where a T-shirt etched with Eldritch runes has as much defense value as a Kevlar vest.

What do you guys think? and do you think anyone would even want to join it at all if? or would it just be Foxhound players doing the side thing here as well just for extra fun?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2016, 01:42:16 pm »

Intern Life sounds like it would be quite interesting. Especially when Tal gets tired of enchanting things himself and starts recruiting smart interns as Artifacers and paying them a 0.1 Units per month for it. I'd imagine based on the costs of various gear and weapons, a single Unit is equivalent to a few hundred USD. Lets say around 500. So 0.1 Units is significant for someone who otherwise isn't being payed jack. Not to mention learning magic is an incentive on its own.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2016, 01:50:39 pm »

I think we've come to a conclusion somewhere that a single unit of money is an equalvant of $250 or so. Basing on a 10* SMG and comparing it to it's real world equalvant that has the commercial price of $2,500.

*Edit

Also, Inb4 Magical intern revolution.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »

There's a reason Tal's only gonna be picking the smart ones. The stupid ones are the ones that would try pulling that crap. The smart ones are the ones who would stick with it to learn more.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 27, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »

I would not mind this that way Zander does not have to stat into certain skills. Like animal handling which I have some ideas for.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 28, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »

You know, I never thought you guys would be so obsessed with Eldritch Magick. But I suppose I should've seen this coming. :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 28, 2016, 06:49:27 pm »

Aria's going to stay out of it so that there's someone left to shoot the resulting abominations when it inevitably all goes to shit  :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 28, 2016, 06:53:06 pm »

Aria's going to stay out of it so that there's someone left to shoot the resulting abominations when it inevitably all goes to shit  :P

Aria is a true Imperial Guardsman. :D

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 28, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »

I want to have a 1v1 with that thing. It will be awesome. And I have the stats to win.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 28, 2016, 07:09:30 pm »

Well, you're in the Elevator with everyone. The thing's likely going to wreck Frazz first, then when you guys arrive, Aria and Tal is probably going to Gauss it in the Face and Torso respectively before you even get to it.

If somehow they both missed, then you and it are probably going to charge at each others.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 28, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »

Well, I will get my chance to put in my request when we are told/shown what we will be facing. In which, Vigil will ask for 2 minutes most, before they opened fire.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 28, 2016, 07:44:51 pm »

Tal will respond with "That's a stupid idea." before proceeding to shoot it in the face.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 28, 2016, 09:10:47 pm »

Did my acid vial connect?
If Not, have Frazz focus mainly on dodging, occasionally throwing vials when opportunity presents itself.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2016, 12:33:05 am »

Did my acid vial connect?
If Not, have Frazz focus mainly on dodging, occasionally throwing vials when opportunity presents itself.

well, your acid vial did connect with the poor guard that the Intern has in his hand..
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 204