Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164470 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2015, 12:42:59 am »

Well, Tal's prolly gonna have Zach to learn how to use drones and decrypt comms.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:52:19 am by Kevak »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:32 am »

Any idea on how long until the current raid is over? I wanna play...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:15 am »

Well Stage One is done. Depending on how much of the defending force we killed, could be anywhere from fairly fast to a long while.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2015, 01:07:42 am »

If it is the latter is there any chance of getting reinforcements called in or something?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 03, 2015, 01:24:13 am »

Nein. Not likely.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Final sheet. This is my character.

Zachary Miller, 26 years old, is a systems analyst for the corporation. He works in a lovely air-conditioned office and is on an okeyish payroll. Or rather, he was all that. It all changed when he was caught hacking into a higher-up's computer while the higher-up was watching [REDACTED] and playing video games on the other. When the higher-up in question found out about this he rapidly transferred Zachary to the next team heading through a gate. The affair he had been having with the higher-up's girlfriend didn't help much either.
He has little to no firearms training, the little pistol strapped to his waist more of a formality than anything else. However, growing up Zachary had always loved knives and had been employed at the circus for three weeks throwing them. When he was assigned to the prestigious 'Foxhounds' team the first thing he did was invest in a good quality set of throwing knives and stores them strapped to his back. He also has a Melot honor knife in a sheathe on his belt. His only ballistic weapon is the 92FS Beretta.
Being a systems analyst, his Rosetta Tablet PDA has all the tools he needs to infiltrate nearly any system.
He knows how to fly a helicopter. Be warned though, landing will be bumpy.

Zachary Miller is more dexterous and strong than he looks, and he doesn't look too good. He is of average height, rather thin and looks like he hasn't shaved for a week. His hair may have been nice and neat once, but now it looks as though he has gotten out of bed. He is in no way a soldier, and unless piloting a gunship, will run away at the slightest provocation if he has not got someone with him at all times.

Officially, Zachary has never fired a gun before, as system analysts were expected to never need to use guns, so no systems analyst has got any actual shooting experience. His first time shooting an actual gun was in the very short time before his first (and maybe last) mission with the Foxhounds when one member took him to a firing range. He has ten loose [currency name here]s on him when he has finished renting out his equipment. The money could come in handy with a bribe.

Possible Quotes:
"What does this button do?"
"..."
"..."
"That would be the trigger, Zach."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:31:53 pm by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2015, 03:37:12 am »

considering 1 unit of money is roughly equivalent to 250 USD in today's currency...

The cheapest Attack Helicopter that would fit your description along with it's armaments and still be considered 'modern' would cost at the least of 80,000 points.
It's most likely going to be a Japanese-made attack helicopter, well-armed and probably gives incredible CAS against anything that doesn't have a SAM. But it definitely can't carry the whole squad.

Likely look something like this.

Or you could get an actual honest-to-god early mid 20th century Soviet Russian Hind for 4,000 points.
20,000 points if you want it to come armed with modern weaponry. 10,000 points if you want it to come with real authentic soviet-era weaponry.
It could probably transport an Armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle if it wanted. That thing's a flying tank!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #382 on: December 03, 2015, 03:44:08 am »

I am going to save up every little 15* until I have enough for a hind.

EDIT also kinda disappointed nobody picked up that I was asking for Airwolf...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:49:17 am by Insanegame27 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 03, 2015, 03:53:22 am »

Shouldn't Zach's will (and perception, I think) start at 14? If I remember correctly those are supposed to be equal to INT at character creation.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:23 am »

You could buy the game's equivalent of Modern Airwolf. The Civilian variant is a lot cheaper than military one!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #385 on: December 03, 2015, 03:59:25 am »

Shouldn't Zach's will (and perception, I think) start at 14? If I remember correctly those are supposed to be equal to INT at character creation.

I cant find in the rules where INT and WILL are the same?

INT-based skills require knowledge, creativity, and reasoning ability. This includes all artistic, scientific, and social skills, as well as magic spells.

WIL-based skills hinge on mental focus and clarity of thought. Most allow one to resist mental attacks, bring about an altered mental state, or focus 'inner strength.'

You could buy the game's equivalent of Modern Airwolf. The Civilian variant is a lot cheaper than military one!

How much would a Bell-222 cost in *? Then we could mount some guns on it...

At the rate of one* = $250 , we could have a bell 222 for 2400* and we could get a machinist to mount some guns/rockets on it

Mount an EX-10 Disposable Heavy Anti-tank onto either side and you have a three-man gunship for less than 3000 points. Adding armor and upgrading the engine would cost at most 500* , so at 3500* we can have an Airwolf for 50* resupply every mission... although I would prefer a hind because of the logistics possibilities
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:11:00 am by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 03, 2015, 04:40:35 am »

2,400* definitely sounds like enough to purchase the game's modern equivalent of a Bell-222. And the suggested price and methods are acceptable.

But there are cheaper ways to get more firepower into the field if people wanted. I mean, people had strapped Anti-Tank guns onto scooters before, right?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #387 on: December 03, 2015, 04:49:59 am »

2,400* definitely sounds like enough to purchase the game's modern equivalent of a Bell-222. And the suggested price and methods are acceptable.

But there are cheaper ways to get more firepower into the field if people wanted. I mean, people had strapped Anti-Tank guns onto scooters before, right?
But did they strap anti-tank weapons to a flying scooter?

What would the cheapest helicopter we can get be?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:10:20 am by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 03, 2015, 05:15:44 am »

Most likely one of those flimsy, tiny 2-seated news helicopters.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2015, 08:18:31 am »

I cant find in the rules where INT and WILL are the same?

INT-based skills require knowledge, creativity, and reasoning ability. This includes all artistic, scientific, and social skills, as well as magic spells.

WIL-based skills hinge on mental focus and clarity of thought. Most allow one to resist mental attacks, bring about an altered mental state, or focus 'inner strength.'

Spoiler: Marked it on an image. (click to show/hide)

By the way (though I'm not sure, these rules are kind of confusing at times), don't you need to spend 20 points to level up your intelligence?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:21:57 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 204