Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164316 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2205 on: October 09, 2016, 05:37:50 pm »

Yeah. A MAG is 'I'm gonna fuck you up! Dadadadadadadadada- crap, I'm out."
A carbine is intended for 'Dadada ... da da...." or whatever
(BTW, the 'da's are meant to be gunshots)

It's "Dakka." I got it from Warhammer 40k's Orks.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoreDakka
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 09, 2016, 09:38:02 pm »

I wonder if energy weaponry counts as dakka.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 09, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »

Dakka isn't a question of substance, but of quantity. If you have enough energy weapons firing, it is indeed dakka. Not enough, and it is indeed not enough. Rate of fire helps singular weapons obtain dakka status, but volley fire works just as well in sufficient quantities.

Also, welcome to the team Bill! Hopefully the indoctrination of microwave explosion won't leave too many scars.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 09, 2016, 09:46:05 pm »

With Dakka, it's the journey not the destination. Where the means becomes the end and...look it's shooting things. A lot.

With Dakka, shooting solves all problems. if the problem isn't solved, you need More Dakka. When you have no problems, that itself is a problem and you need More Dakka.

So "Enough Dakka" is impossible.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 09, 2016, 10:11:30 pm »

Yaknow, do you think we could have some more bodies added to Old Bestsquad?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 10, 2016, 12:29:25 am »

Yaknow, do you think we could have some more bodies added to Old Bestsquad?
There are a couple people lined up for that

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2211 on: October 10, 2016, 12:30:47 am »

Although at this point, I think it only makes sense for people with prior experience in their background. They're not going to put an unskilled newb into Foxhound. They could put an unskilled newb into the newsquad, though.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 10, 2016, 12:56:59 am »

Akras occasionally throws problem people at Foxhound cause it's often the easiest way to get them efficient. Just look at the current squad, many members are at least partially unstable.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 10, 2016, 01:13:50 am »

Dakka isn't a question of substance, but of quantity. If you have enough energy weapons firing, it is indeed dakka. Not enough, and it is indeed not enough. Rate of fire helps singular weapons obtain dakka status, but volley fire works just as well in sufficient quantities.

Also, welcome to the team Bill! Hopefully the indoctrination of microwave explosion won't leave too many scars.
[/quote
Thank you! I look forward to great profit, and or immolation/disembowelment/psychic brain explosions/exploding/imploding/being driven to suicide in this beautifully horrific Lovecraft/Sci-Fi brew!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2214 on: October 10, 2016, 06:09:35 am »

OK guys, I'm doing a (bad) drawing of newsquad as they stand currently (assuming they all pass and no-one's executed)
I need everyone in newsquad to tell me what they would be doing in the following circumstance:
Both weak ground enemies and weak aerial enemies (Think rushers and bat-monsters) are attacking from the LEFT side of the drawing. Reserti is currently front and center (Unless someone else wants that honor). I need to know what name and race your guys are, what weapon they are using (if any), their position in the combat (front and center, back and away from the action, where), what would they be targeting and if there'd be anything else they'd be doing.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 10, 2016, 06:23:56 am »

OK guys, I'm doing a (bad) drawing of newsquad as they stand currently (assuming they all pass and no-one's executed)
I need everyone in newsquad to tell me what they would be doing in the following circumstance:
Both weak ground enemies and weak aerial enemies (Think rushers and bat-monsters) are attacking from the LEFT side of the drawing. Reserti is currently front and center (Unless someone else wants that honor). I need to know what name and race your guys are, what weapon they are using (if any), their position in the combat (front and center, back and away from the action, where), what would they be targeting and if there'd be anything else they'd be doing.
My character is named Dexter, and he is an elf. I think he would be slightly behind Reserti (he disliked standing in front of him) and to the left. He would be casting some kind of dark magic at them. Feel free to get creative with how he's using this dark magic, I'm not sure what I would have him do.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:54 am »

Just waiting for Amadou to answer some questions from his team before we move to Firearms training.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 10, 2016, 07:56:10 am »

Just waiting for Amadou to answer some questions from his team before we move to Firearms training.

I believe the questions are effectively, how heavy is your armor and are guns gud?

Ratodx, goblin, depends on mission objective and how long it's been since our cover has been blown. Assuming that Reserti is going to use a frag arrow to clear the air, Ratodx will probably be using either a submachine gun or pistol to lay down controlled fire on the rushers. He's either going to be up in front as the lead scout who is now making a measured retreat from the rushers, or he's rear guard making sure that they aren't going to be ambushed. I'm going to assume that Ratodx is roughly 3/4s the size of an elf, whom I'm assuming is roughly 3/4s the size of a human.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 10, 2016, 08:12:27 am »

Elves are about human height. Maybe a bit taller. They're waaaay skinnier though. Most likely would not way nearly as much as a human.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 10, 2016, 08:43:02 am »

Well, seeing as Danh is the heavy weapons brute, perhaps standing in the open, gunning some unfortunate abomination to chunky salsa with his LMG?
Or punching it's face in.
Punching monsters is always cool.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 204