Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164290 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2160 on: October 09, 2016, 12:40:40 am »

I'm not a fan of  wiki due to ads. And the issue of lots of people being able to fuck stuff up if they Really want to.

As for name..

Keep Castle:

Dunno what else. Maybe Castle: Compendium ?

It is a log of data after all.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 09, 2016, 12:55:55 am »

"Castle: Akras Gate Raiders"?

Wikia has a lot of ads, yes, and adblock helps immensely, but such is corporate capitalism...

BTW, I've started using adblock's custom filters, and got rid of that Taboola stuff that cluttered the top of oh so many pages. It was lovely, so easy to set up and bam, no more useless not-really-ads links I didn't care about, I recommend you try it.

I'm not a fan of  wiki due to ads. And the issue of lots of people being able to fuck stuff up if they Really want to.

As for name..
Keep Castle:
Dunno what else. Maybe Castle: Compendium ?
It is a log of data after all.

There's an anti-vandalism revert button. I once tried to access another wikia, found that some jackass had vandalised tens of pages, and reported it to the admins; it was five minutes for them to notice my pm and suddenly all the vandalism had been undone (I guess you can also block IPs, but I'm not sure).

Also, it won't be just a log; I'm thinking of something on the same line as the Einstenian Roulette wikia with characters and their progressions, armoury, vehicle pool, mission summaries, locations, maps, species, entities, companies, etc.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:59:13 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 09, 2016, 01:02:02 am »

That name doesn't really fit honestly. Too many words. Doesn't ring. And implies that nonAkras isn't involved. Despite having at least one other nonAkras group that has a Gate and one canon oneshot involving a Nonakras terrorist organization.

I'm still p iffy on the wiki for now though. I think we should transfer everything needed from the defunct doc to catalogs/google docs first before transferring it to a wiki. Seems like the easiest solution.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

Since I'm about to make a wikia I wouldn't bother too much with Google docs, but then again I have a bias against it - it's Google, it takes an age to open, and slows my netbook to a crawl.

I only got stuck at the name...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 09, 2016, 01:09:12 am »

I. Do not think the wiki will get very much attention for quite some time. Nearly all current content is on the docs and dividing attention is frankly inefficient and will slow both down in content acquisition. If you Want to make a wiki, you can. However don't expect much contribution for the time being. Docs and catalogs first.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 09, 2016, 01:25:47 am »

Castle: No, it's BASED on the video series
Castle: Not Crashers
Castle: Become a Dragon, Today!
Castle: Now with 90% more Catgirls
Castle: Against The Unknown
Castle: & Knuckles
Castle: Revelations
Castle: 2 Electric Boogaloo
Castle: Title In Progress
Castle: We Also Have Burgers!
Castle: It's The Final Count Down
Castle: Steam Stands For George Harrison
Castle: With Some Crashing
Castle: Look Out They're Trying To Flank Us
Castle: The Medic Carries A Railgun
Castle: 5 Steps Away From Mjölnir Power Armor
Castle: Party In The Science Labs
Castle: There Is No Snake There Is No Boot

A wiki can work, but the docs and catalogs will definitely take priority, if only because of GM convenience.

Now that I think of it, Mjölnir Power Armor would definitely be a good direction to develop into that Akras seems to have left lacking. Inscribed Wards and Runes will just make it all the more powerful. Now to figure out how the shields work. The rest of the basic frame of the armor would effectively be a real time responsive strength assist suit with Trauma Plates welded into everything. That'll just leave the HUD and power converters and distributors to figure out. I want to solve the shield problem with !SCIENCE!, but might end up needing to use magic instead.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 09, 2016, 01:35:15 am »

D003 plates rather than Trauma Plates. D003 plates are better by far.

I think like Castle: Compendium for a name still.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2167 on: October 09, 2016, 01:50:35 am »

I think that the title 'Castle:' has become iconic to the series at this point. IMO it should absolutely lead the title. "Castle: Chronicles of blood, fortresses and death"? Suits Bay12's theme.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 09, 2016, 01:51:57 am »

Chronicles of Blood could work. But the extra bits dun really ring.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 09, 2016, 02:01:43 am »

Compendium works too, though Compendium of Blood sounds neat in my head. My suggestions were my brain rambling out jokes.

D003 plates do sound better. We'll have to see how flexible it is and how well electronics can be integrated into it. Turns out the later models of Mjölnir are a lot more complex than I'd thought, which is quite nice to see that there will definitely be room for improvement.

The process for Ratodx's delving into Power Armor is probably going to be him trying to figure out how to REALLY make sure that he can't get possessed again. By anything. Ever. Including bullets. And lasers. And rockets. And magic.

Edit: So many questions about the dogs, so much understanding that my questions will be answered when I get to reading the archives, so little time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:04:10 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 09, 2016, 02:04:13 am »

I mean D001 plates technically. But D003's natural armor prolly would definitely have an equivalent armoring tier, just more of it. I mean it was literally an aircraft carrier sized leviathan.

I like Compendium of Blood.

Ratodx'll have some fun sciencing that methinks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 09, 2016, 02:07:36 am »

A reminder that we do have a Discord. It's also linked under the second post in the newsquad thread. Zomara will prolly get around to linking it elsewhere if he hasn't already. I frankly don't know if he has or not.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 09, 2016, 02:10:14 am »

Also,
>strapping tracking collars to your upper arm.

Nig are you trying to lose your arm? because that's how you lose arms.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 09, 2016, 02:19:10 am »

Now I'm trying to figure out how swiftly the S.E.G.A. (Special Electronic Gobbo Armor) is going to need to be able to be manufactured to be able to get useful firing range tests with Interns wearing them. How advanced is Akras's 3D Printing Tech, and if not applicable, how much would it cost to purchase/rent/acquire a fabber ala Schlock Mercenary? Is there a queue that can be joined for lesser cost?

Typing here so I don't forget. We'll need two firing ranges, one for direct fire tests, the other for the obstacle course. Either recruit Interns to do the firing of the Gauss weaponry when that level is reached or get some robbo arms designed. Possibly recruit some Orcs for wearing tests due to innate Strength and likelihood of combat experience. Suggest to Tal to investigate into Orc/Human hybrids to hopefully stabilize breeding if we don't just go straight for cloning. Actually, setting up a research project for the reason for Orc/Goblin birthing differences would be useful (answer is likely, magic genetics are whack yo as are regular genetics).

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 09, 2016, 02:27:39 am »

3D printing is advanced enough that it is possible to print out fully functional prosthetic arms (minus sensory capability) for nearly free.

Exos do already exist, so Ratodx might find it advantageous to work with the scientists responsible for that.

You'll find out the reason for the orc/gobbo thing icly if ya research it enough.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 204