Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164158 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2040 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:40 pm »

I really need to update Aria's sheet. Thing is I have no idea how many points she has for stats or skills and things have changed so much since she was made.
When was it last updated?
I don't know. A long time ago. this is the most recent sheet a search of her name shows, but I might have missed one?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 06, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »

I really need to update Aria's sheet. Thing is I have no idea how many points she has for stats or skills and things have changed so much since she was made.
When was it last updated?
I don't know. A long time ago. this is the most recent sheet a search of her name shows, but I might have missed one?
Looks like she hasn't been updated since we fought the dragon in 002's Keep. Cause that's when she got a Gauss.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »

Hm. Was sure that I'd updated it with the gauss at some point... so yeah, really out of date.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 06, 2016, 09:26:08 pm »

I'd recommend skimming through the recommended reading section in the new thread and checking for however much xp VK handed out from post mission stuff.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »

Spoiler: Ratodx Tamoren (click to show/hide)

I'll try to keep a record of Squad Funds in my sheet as well, just to keep more paper trails on it.

Ratodx would care significantly more about the ease of access of so many vital resources and comforts, but right now he's rather bothered by the ringing monkey screams that he hopes won't follow along into his dreams.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 06, 2016, 11:46:33 pm »

Spoiler: Melnakos vis Stritan (click to show/hide)

Added the two credits.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2046 on: October 06, 2016, 11:56:40 pm »

Reserti still has shit-crazy credits left. 19 unspent at character creation and 21 now.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 07, 2016, 12:00:44 am »

In all honesty. The best shit is self made. We dun have enough stuff to blow our money on. Hence the slowly being written catalog. Should give more options.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 07, 2016, 12:09:16 am »

If you need assistance with figuring out the pricing of things I'm willing to lend a hand as needed. Least I can do is look up the cost of military tech and then divide by 250 where possible.

Money wise, my goal for Ratodx is to get him what he needs to survive until he can start firing lasers and gets the skills he needs to start making his own gear. So armor and basic weaponry.

Which reminds me, you may want to consider a section including basic mass produced wards and enchantments for Agent use and/or purchase. Ratodx wasn't kidding when he asked about Akras having anti-possession gear.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2049 on: October 07, 2016, 12:11:44 am »

Can confirm. Am going ham on catalog. *vomits* much bet-BLEURG.

Something has been irking me. The fukken SMG and the 4.73 carbine. As paraphrased in the doc:
The SMG has a higher calibre than the basic carbine AND a higher power cartridge than it (5.56x45 vs 4.73x33). Is this intentional and if so, why? The higher calibre and higher power cartridge is also cheaper (3C for 45 5.56x45mm vs 6C for 50 4.73x33mm)
I statted up a bullpup AR as a median point between the 4.73 carbine and the MAG. Here's what I'm proposing. Scrap the 4.73. Really. No use for it. When an SMG has a higher calibre AND a higher power cartridge than a rifle, you know the rifle's not gonna do much. ALTERNATIVELY, restat the SMG to a .45 ACP (11.43x23mm), which tears unarmored targets a new asshole closerange, minor bruising (if that) at longer range. I have suggested in the doc to turn the SMG into a .45 ACP, and lowering the magazine size to 25 as opposed to 45.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 07, 2016, 12:17:41 am »

Basic Agent armor comes with 5 monkey strength standard pattern wards. Aka somewhat effective but not very good. a comparison is D001 plates vs Kevlar. Anything stronger usually involves self modification or custom commission. However I'll add a price for stronger stuff later.

Enchantments outside Heatsink Stones are purely custom. Could prolly come up with a number of purchasable ones though.

The carbine is mainly there as something for the GM to use for statting Terran forces. We could mark "Obsolete Surplus" next to it tho

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 07, 2016, 01:09:25 am »

ALTERNATIVELY, restat the SMG to a .45 ACP (11.43x23mm), which tears unarmored targets a new asshole closerange, minor bruising (if that) at longer range. I have suggested in the doc to turn the SMG into a .45 ACP, and lowering the magazine size to 25 as opposed to 45.
If larger calibre was better, we'd still be at .75 caliber flintlock muskets.

The .45 may have been great in cowboy and gangster times but it's pretty obsolete in anything with full auto; it's more of a mark of the Americans' unholy love affair with it and of their industrial base more than for real merits. Note that for everyone else, on both sides of the iron curtain, the 9×19mm was considered good enough and eventually overkill.
More recently even, the FN P90's 5.7×28mm has greater range, accuracy, and terminal performance than the older 9×19mm standard and is capable of penetrating body armor.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:23:02 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 07, 2016, 01:15:58 am »

And as it is. Akras is beginning the transition to much more accurate and devastating lasers. Not to mention Gauss.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 07, 2016, 01:24:02 am »

Isn't it time to get a proper wikia running?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 07, 2016, 01:24:44 am »

One thing at a time. There's a TV tropes page that needs fleshing. And the catalog.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 204